You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I Agree With Dave U

Red Nick

i thought he worked quite hard in the 1st half, but seemed to drift away and get frustrated in the 2nd half. i think the thing that works against him most of all is his petulant arm throwing routine. if he was to cut that out, i'm sure a lot of people would be more impressed with his football. once thing that is frustrating me is he seems to want to play for a free kick too much - he gets in a position to skin a player and just jumps into them.

That's a class observation about him playing for free kicks indtead of skinning his man. Quite frustrating as with hi space he should only be trying to win free kicks of he has no options, in terms of players around him or nowhere to run.

But these are all just things that you get rid of in training with lot's of practice. I'm sure he'll realise soon enough that the throwing the arms routine isn't the done thing over here. But for now, I reckon we just need to allow him to adapt.

I think he can go on to be a great player. You don't buy great players ready made, or at least it's very rare to do that. You take a player with all the ingredients and make him a great player. Cisse has ALL of the ingredients and then some.

But then so did Emile... Eek.

But, I reckon Cisse's attitide is a million times better than that lump's, so he'll come good. All he needs is a quality coach and time. We have both, luckily.

No matter what people think of his performances so far, you can't argue with the FACT that his attitude is shite. I first noticed it against City at Anfield when he tried a backheel which Finnan misread, instead of just getting on with the game he spent a full 5 minutes moaning at him and shaking his head. I was also disgusted with the way he strolled off the pitch last night wasting time that, in theory, could prove crucial towards qualification from the group. He did the exact same thing for France against the Republic and for Auxerre at Anfield so I don't think it's completely down to his current frustration. I hope Rafa can nip this in the bud as I think his selfish attitude is damaging to team spirit, I know I'd have had a go at him in the dressing room last night if I was one of his team mates.

Not only did he stroll off the pitch, he then brushed aside Rafa's hand as he came off and then chucked the water bottle down into the dugout. :blah :blah

Didn;t know that. That puts him Bellamy territory. There's disappointment and there's petulance. Fine line, but one he may have crossed there.

Still, he played well, that's the main thing. :-)

Djibril Cisse looks, to me, like a player adapting to virtually everything in his life changing: new club, new country, new language, new home, new mates, new manager, new status with the fans, new levels of expectation and a new way of playing. If he wasn't find some of that a little trying or stressful, he wouldn't be human. He's made 13 appearances for Liverpool and is showing clear signs of improvement; gradual improvement, maybe, but improvement, nevertheless. I think he will come good for us; it's just going to take time, is all.

Well i wasnt slated as much as i thought id be for the thread FFS somepeople even agreed with me.

The bottom line is that Cisse and Baros will never ever be a long term partnership for a Rafael Benitez team end of story, that's fairly clear for all to see. Rafa believes in defending from the front which means having front players who dont give the ball away and bringing other players into play both Baros and Cisse arent very good at that. the best we can hope for is one of them makes the cut and the other turns out to be a good sub.

Believe it or not I am a huge Cisse fan but with friends like me who needs enemies

Well i wasnt slated as much as i thought id be for the thread FFS somepeople even agreed with me.

The bottom line is that Cisse and Baros will never ever be a long term partnership for a Rafael Benitez team end of story, that's fairly clear for all to see. Rafa believes in defending from the front which means having front players who dont give the ball away and bringing other players into play both Baros and Cisse arent very good at that. the best we can hope for is one of them makes the cut and the other turns out to be a good sub.

Believe it or not I am a huge Cisse fan but with friends like me who needs enemies

You can stick your Cisse right up your brown star he has totally got off on the wrong footing here and needs to buck up his ideas and change that attitude.

The bottom line is that Cisse and Baros will never ever be a long term partnership for a Rafael Benitez team end of story, that's fairly clear for all to see.

Yes just as clear for all to see as the fact the war on Iraq was all about WMD's and that Jordan's tits are natural.

Rafa believes in defending from the front which means having front players who dont give the ball away and bringing other players into play both Baros and Cisse arent very good at that

Baros works his arse off 'defending from the front' every week. And the only times he gave the ball away last night were when he had his legs hacked from under him.

He isn't the best at bringing others into the game I'll admit that, but he's still young and improving. Can't we just praise him for what he can do rather than criticise for what he can't?

If Baros had been the new signing this season, and not Cisse, people would be drooling over his performances so far. He isn't getting the credit he deserves in my opinion.

Baros works his arse off 'defending from the front' every week. And the only times he gave the ball away last night were when he had his legs hacked from under him.

He isn't the best at bringing others into the game I'll admit that, but he's still young and improving. Can't we just praise him for what he can do rather than criticise for what he can't?

If Baros had been the new signing this season, and not Cisse, people would be drooling over his performances so far. He isn't getting the credit he deserves in my opinion.

i have no problems about praising Baros's performance i was trying to be objective about the whole overall team pattern of play ie keeping the ball and obviously Diao and the forwards to date have been the biggest culprits in that.

I hope Baros makes it especially after how appallingly he was treated by Houllier but for me i cant see both him and cisse playing together next season.

As for Cisse he is potentially another Kewell in the making, I hope he realises this before its too late.

I hope your computer blows up.

Then I wouldn't have to read you "knowing" they'll never form a partnership and struggling to cope with the fact that we played last years semi-finalists off the park.

i think you need to take those Red Tinted spectacle off.

It was a great performance last night and we have come a very long way in a very short space of time. Houllier has long gone.

If you anaylise the game we created our chances from breaking up the play and hitting them hard rather than creating clear cut chances. the other side of the coin is that we were playing a top top side who would have pissed all over us last season,

Its great we can hold our own again in the CL at anfield but lets not delude ourselves about what still has to be done

Nothing would give be greater pleasure than to see the Cisse/Baros partnership become the best in the land but unfortunately i just cant see that happening.

Were obviously not agreeing on a lot tonight, best i go down the pub,

"Wind yer neck in" - one of the great put-downs.

As we're talking about Djibril, I felt inspired to do a cut-n-paste from today's Guardian by Dominic Ffifield. However, the site is down at the mo, so I can't. However, it's worth a read as he's basically saying there are some small signs of a partnership between Baros and Cisse. I'll post it later, if I think on.

Oh do wind yer neck in. It was funny enough elsewhere when you were outed as a Ploptalk Insider. Is brown nosing Dunc and Dave mutually compatible.

I know its late and i shouldnt post this

But go fuck yourself 10 times over

I suggest you get all the facts in future which both Dave U and Snorky are in posession of

You seemed a reasonable poster until posessed by the cunt ghost