Quantcast
Other Football - 2018/19 Season - Page 378 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

 

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

 

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

 

Thanks

Dave

Recommended Posts

Given the injuries, etc., does Pocchetino want to go out of of this comp to concentrate on top four, or does he see it as his only chance to win something?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see we have been stiffed with City's game at the pit due on league cup final weekend being brought forward to 6th feb...

 

They will be a game ahead of us all the way up to 24th feb when we then go to play our catch up game away at Man Utd.

 

Clearly done deliberately this to make that game at Man Utd 'bigger' for Sky.

 

Never known games to be brought forward like that when a team is in league cup final...a huge advantage for them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Palace one up against Spurs.

 

I had to laugh when the commentator said Hodgson has yet to win the FA Cup in his illustrious career.

He's won almost everything else there is to win.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In Greenland.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, an tha said:

I see we have been stiffed with City's game at the pit due on league cup final weekend being brought forward to 6th feb...

 

They will be a game ahead of us all the way up to 24th feb when we then go to play our catch up game away at Man Utd.

 

Clearly done deliberately this to make that game at Man Utd 'bigger' for Sky.

 

Never known games to be brought forward like that when a team is in league cup final...a huge advantage for them.

Not so sure it helps them. They play Arsenal on the 3rd and Chelsea on the 10th. As shite as Everton are, it makes it three games in a week, with two potentially being quite tough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Not so sure it helps them. They play Arsenal on the 3rd and Chelsea on the 10th. As shite as Everton are, it makes it three games in a week, with two potentially being quite tough. 

Pts on the board and Bitters will lay down.

 

Never know games be brought forward when team makes league cup final...but sky can't risk us opening up a lead.

 

This is sky wanting to ensure a race and so they can hype fuck out of Man Utd and the messiah 'Ole' ruining LFC's title bid...

 

Pts on board for City - massive hype game for us where 'ole's revolution' undoes LFC's title bid....they'll fucking love it and the Manc bastards will be extra wound up to do it in a created scenario.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking game so far. Although Zaha is making my campaign to sign him look a bit stupid, the enigmatic twat.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jake Humphrey's choice of attire manages to embody everything I hate about him, which in itself is quite impressive. The lanky Topman Christmas voucher spending tampon.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, an tha said:

Pts on the board and Bitters will lay down.

 

Never know games be brought forward when team makes league cup final...but sky can't risk us opening up a lead.

 

This is sky wanting to ensure a race and so they can hype fuck out of Man Utd and the messiah 'Ole' ruining LFC's title bid...

 

Pts on board for City - massive hype game for us where 'ole's revolution' undoes LFC's title bid....they'll fucking love it and the Manc bastards will be extra wound up to do it in a created scenario.

 

 

 

 

In fairness, it could go the other way for them. 3 games in 7 days won't be easy for them and chelsea will have more rest playing them. Arsenal will do an Arsenal and i'd have more faith in an Everton legends team with big nev, sheedy and sharpey playing city than their current team. Chelsea are the key team in the three games. Packed full of top players who could do a job on city. 

 

I'd settle for them taking 7 points and not working up the goal difference too much from those three games, provided we beat west ham and bournemouth and put a dent in the gd - not looking forward to west ham personally. Then we'd be three points ahead with a game in hand going into the united game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

In fairness, it could go the other way for them. 3 games in 7 days won't be easy for them and chelsea will have more rest playing them. Arsenal will do an Arsenal and i'd have more faith in an Everton legends team with big nev, sheedy and sharpey playing city than their current team. Chelsea are the key team in the three games. Packed full of top players who could do a job on city. 

 

I'd settle for them taking 7 points and not working up the goal difference too much from those three games, provided we beat west ham and bournemouth and put a dent in the gd - not looking forward to west ham personally. Then we'd be three points ahead with a game in hand going into the united game.

They have 4 games before we go to Man Utd - we have 3.

 

If they take 12 pts (highly likely) if we drop any pts at all in our 3 we go to Man Utd behind them.

 

I know you can look at it from both sides of course and make cases both ways but for me this is a massive potential bonus for them.

 

I believe they also play before us every game in March.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, an tha said:

They have 4 games before we go to Man Utd - we have 3.

 

If they take 12 pts (highly likely) if we drop any pts at all in our 3 we go to Man Utd behind them.

 

I know you can look at it from both sides of course and make cases both ways but for me this is a massive potential bonus for them.

 

I believe they also play before us every game in March.

If we are good enough we'll do it. It's as simple as that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love us to win it but the charm of the FA cup has decreased massively. It's very much a secondary competition these days that's going the way of the league cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

His passing has been crisp.

Very ‘tidy’ player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

His passing has been crisp.

I bet he'd cost a packet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×