You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best Of The Big Brit-Pop Bands

Bjornebye

Best Of The Big Brit-Pop Bands   

51 members have voted

1. 1. Best Of The Big Brit-Pop Bands

I miss going to loads of concerts, really should try to make more of an effort but struggle to get into the Budapest music scene. I'm going to the Midpoint festival in Cincinnati in a couple of weeks as I happen to be there on business. Not a massive fan of american indie bands so hoping to check out some folk & bluegrass whilst I'm there

What was/is "Britpop"? It's not a proper music genre, just a term used by lazy journalists.

Pop music played by British bands. There was nothing pop about The Verve. Even Urban Hymns, their most commercial record, isn't Britpop. I've seen it written that Urban Hymns was actually the fail nail in Britpop's coffin.

My personal favourites were Shed Seven, Cast, OCS and Suede. Besides Oasis of course.

Pop music played by British bands. There was nothing pop about The Verve. Even Urban Hymns, their most commercial record, isn't Britpop. I've seen it written that Urban Hymns was actually the fail nail in Britpop's coffin.

My personal favourites were Shed Seven, Cast, OCS and Suede. Besides Oasis of course.

The nail in Britpop's coffin?

Nah, people just stopped using the term "Britipop".

Fucking despise the word 'Brit-pop' with a passion. Fucking journo created shit word.

Loved the 90's for music. So many quality bands both in the UK and stateside with the alternative scene over there.

These were my favourite:

They are still going strong as seen them live this year again and still fucking awesome.

• Upvote 1

The most negworthy comment I've seen on this site. 1 great song? You should spend less time deepthroating Liam and get into their back catalogue.

They play gigs every year around Christmas and I've seen every single time. They put on a great show, you should check them out.

This. Shed 7 were / are a thoroughly decent band.

Voted Blur. Used to go and see them play student union clubs in their early days, years before that bullshit competition crap with Oasis. Leisure was a fucking amazing album, only bettered by Modern Life is Rubbish.  

Outrageous that the thread has got this far with no mention of Shirley Manson though.

bIQ8X4n.jpg

d594a09694781c3117aabc6cb43cc818.png

shirleyinstyle05mx5.jpg

The most negworthy comment I've seen on this site. 1 great song? You should spend less time deepthroating Liam and get into their back catalogue.

They play gigs every year around Christmas and I've seen every single time. They put on a great show, you should check them out.

Ive seen them and yeah you are right , they have more than 1 good song. Decent band live too. 

Saw Space at victorious festival last year and they were fucking boss la 

My south african mate Tarryn turned round after the lead singer was talking to the crowd and said she thought it was me up there as she had never heard another scouser speak. I sound nothing like him. 

This. Shed 7 were / are a thoroughly decent band.

Voted Blur. Used to go and see them play student union clubs in their early days, years before that bullshit competition crap with Oasis. Leisure was a fucking amazing album, only bettered by Modern Life is Rubbish.  

Outrageous that the thread has got this far with no mention of Shirley Manson though.

bIQ8X4n.jpg

d594a09694781c3117aabc6cb43cc818.png

shirleyinstyle05mx5.jpg

To be fair, the reason they've not been mentioned as they weren't British (even though she is a Scot). I tried to change the thread direction with the Stateside comment and great US alternative bands of the 90's.

I was at Glastonbury in 2005 at the front and saw her close up.

Sexy as fuck and oh those legs...