You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Methods Getting Stick Again...

an tha

I think Klopp will learn from this season and factor these things in in future. I don't think its that we are 'too intense' its just that its probably too intense for our current bunch of fannies and future signings will represent players who are physically,and mentally,stronger than our current crop.

Yea I agree he will learn, we don't really know how intense the training sessions are but I can imagine they are pretty intense and like you've said it may just be to much for our mentally challenged lot. This will def be altered in the summer, starting with signing a few German or Bundesliga players will help.

• 3 weeks later...

You can't be going round here saying things like that, that's it, I'm jacking this footy lark off. #flounces off

Come on it's a stupid fucking question.

Apart from the fact no-one knows if it was Klopp's choice or FSG's to not invest in January, what the fuck does "held accountable" even mean? Make him apologise publically? Put him in the stocks? Sack him? All ridiculous suggestions, and a ridiculous question. Utterly pointless drivel.

Come on it's a stupid fucking question.

Apart from the fact no-one knows if it was Klopp's choice or FSG's to not invest in January, what the fuck does "held accountable" even mean? Make him apologise publically? Put him in the stocks? Sack him? All ridiculous suggestions, and a ridiculous question. Utterly pointless drivel.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thisisanfield.com/2017/01/jurgen-klopp-want-sign-january-right-players-arent-available/amp/

“It is not as if there are 20 players out there who could make this team stronger, who are running around and are available,” Klopp continued.

Don't ignore that bit, the bit which could have a couple of meanings one being "available within our budget".

Besides, he's not going to come out less than 18 months into a job, a job he is likely to have been made fully aware the conditions of, and criticise the owners. I don't believe he'll ever do that unless they renege on previous assurances given.

We tried to strengthen in January, but Draxler chose PSG. I'm waiting to see how the season ends (we still have top four in our own hands with two games to go) and then I'm waiting to see what business is done in summer before getting stuck into Klopp.

He's not perfect, but he has us going in the right direction, and so far it's on very little expenditure (the hope is we've been 'saving up' but we'll see about s summer).

If we miss out on the CL, should Klopp be held accountable for not improving our thin squad in January, when we were in a good position?

No. It should be blamed on the people that sell off all our squad players every time we're not in Europe. The ones that are more obsessed with the wage bill than winning anything. 

• Upvote 4

The business question is - what saves/makes more money with the least risk over a period of time.

Play for top four with minimal expenditure, wage bills and squad over a period of years. Anything more than that is exceeding expectations. Maybe a cup every now and then. Advertising and sponsors now locked in over time with a steady income from that.

Buy loads of expensive players, put them on big wages with no guarantee of qualifying or winning anything. Tailoring to their whims with inflated agents costs. What the difference in profit from winning the league etc... and how much you have to lay out compared to what we're doing over time.

No. It should be blamed on the people that sell off all our squad players every time we're not in Europe. The ones that are more obsessed with the wage bill than winning anything.

To be fair those squad players are shit anyway and shouldn't haven been bought in the first place. Though replacing average Joe with a worse player for near double the money in Wijnaldum was inspired. As was dumping Sakho and wasting money on an infererior player in Klavan.

To be fair those squad players are shit anyway and shouldn't haven been bought in the first place. Though replacing average Joe with a worse player for near double the money in Gini was inspired. As was dumping Sakho and wasting money on an infererior player in Klavan.

Include trying to replace a shit keeper with an even shitter one. No doubt that Zorc did the transfers pretty much alone in Dortmund.

First it was Ian Arye's fault for not signing anyone, now it's the manager choosing to keep a weak squad. Maybe one day FSG will run out of scapegoats.

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

They're not mutually exclusive.

Unless you're asking Klopp to buy players with his own money then yes they are.

Klopp said it himself that there was no one available he thought was good enough to improve our team.

• Upvote 2

First it was Ian Arye's fault for not signing anyone, now it's the manager choosing to keep a weak squad. Maybe one day FSG will run out of scapegoats.

As usual with this line of thinking, we're assuming that Klopp has zero influence, is a moron with the wool pulled over his eyes or a pussy.

The far more likely scenario is that Klopp thought he could get by with this squad whilst we aren't in Europe and will buy more down the line.

• Upvote 3

Klopp said it himself that there was no one available he thought was good enough to improve our team.

He also spoke many times in December and January about the need to strengthen. He could have bitched and moaned about the owners once the window closed but that wouldn't reopen the window nor help in the slightest in getting anything out of the piss poor squad he's been left with.

As usual with this line of thinking, we're assuming that Klopp has zero influence, is a moron with the wool pulled over his eyes or a pussy.

The far more likely scenario is that Klopp thought he could get by with this squad whilst we aren't in Europe and will buy more down the line.

I'm assuming no such thing.

He also spoke many times in December and January about the need to strengthen. He could have bitched and moaned about the owners once the window closed but that wouldn't reopen the window nor help in the slightest in getting anything out of the piss poor squad he's been left with.

That interview was in January.