You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) 20th August 3pm

Grinch

Agreed.

His through balls and range of passing that year was awesome.

He was a joy to watch, that Wigan away game showed what he was capable of playing central. He's young enough and good enough to go back to that position and it could do the team good having someone there who wants to put his foot on it and dictate the tempo rather than our current midfielder tactics of giving it away as quick as you can

How do you set up a defense for an 85% possession game?

Cut out the laurel and Hardy music.

We were like this under Kenny, Brendan and now klopp. We create 20 plus chances and maybe score 1 goal while other teams score from every other chance they create. We re way to open and get cut to ribbons on counter attacks and set pieces. Nothing has changed in 5 years under 3 different managers.

We were like this under Kenny, Brendan and now klopp. We create 20 plus chances and maybe score 1 goal while other teams score from every other chance they create. We re way to open and get cut to ribbons on counter attacks and set pieces. Nothing has changed in 5 years under 3 different managers.

Cos they all bought terrible central midfielders

They had two chances and two goals. Don't be simplistic.

If you are going to be in their half for 70 minutes by default they are going to be able to isolate your CB on the striker at least  few or maybe a half dozen times on the direct outlet. TBH I though Klavan dealt with it better than we have over the stretch of managers and defenders you mentioned. I would rather see him make the physical challenge early ( which he did and won two of three) than not.

• Upvote 2

They had two chances and two goals. Don't be simplistic.

If you are going to be in their half for 70 minutes by default they are going to be able to isolate your CB on the striker at least few or maybe a half dozen times on the direct outlet. TBH I though Klavan dealt with it better than we have over the stretch of managers and defenders you mentioned. I would rather see him make the physical challenge early ( which he did and won two of three) than not.

It happens all too frequently. Here we are talking about losing to some old shit again.

I missed the game, but everything I'm reading points to the same perennial problems plaguing us for ages.

Well, having played Milner on the left in lieu of Moreno, Klopp must have seen enough to convince him that the former was none better than the young man and that he needs to buy a LB while he still can. 

The midfield also lacks a creative/controlling midfielder. Funds should not be the problem since we heard from the horses mouth that there is still money available for more transfers. So what really is the problem that we cannot fill these positions and take a shot at the title!

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Match Of The Day: "Our decision making was not good. We'd put in a good cross but there were no bodies in the box and then when we had bodies in the box we ended up shooting.

"The season is still pretty young. It doesn’t look like we are 100% fine tuned. But it's only the start of the season and I can see a lot of good things. The lesson here is don’t give the ball away like we did twice today. We will work on it 100%. We need to have a plan for deep defending teams. We have a few things to do – that is clear."

That should have been learnt from last week.

• Upvote 1

Clyne is normally dependable and anyone can give the ball away especially in the first minute or so but I would have crucified moreno if it had been him. But we still had 88 minutes to find some goals and failed. In fact it got worst because we conceeded a fucking second!

Two games in a row Clyne has been fucking shit defensively.  He was responsible for two goals last week as well.

• Upvote 1

We created our own problems once more. Klopp was supposedly going to cut all this messing about at the back out of our play and its still there. He made a mistake playing Sturridge before Origi as we had no outlet,a lack of pace and no strength up front to send the occasional long ball to our strikers. Milner looked too uncomfortable and Clyne still looks rusty. Sturridge looks slow,injured or both,and I think Klopp has to take a fair bit of blame for today's defeat too.

PS Wijnaldum doesnt look like a DM to me either.

I felt we were outstanding for large parts of the game, and we showed magnificent character in the second half. We just lacked that wee bit of skill in the final third.

Corrected that for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe if Coutinho had have shot more.

Fucking hell How predictable was that.

We might as well just play 442 against these teams and hope we score more than them because Klopp doesn't seem any better at setting up defences than Rodgers.

I can scarcely believe I'm saying this, but he doesn't appear to have a clue Re solidity.

We created our own problems once more. Klopp was supposedly going to cut all this messing about at the back out of our play and its still there. He made a mistake playing Sturridge before Origi as we had no outlet,a lack of pace and no strength up front to send the occasional long ball to our strikers. Milner looked too uncomfortable and Clyne still looks rusty. Sturridge looks slow,injured or both,and I think Klopp has to take a fair bit of blame for today's defeat too.

PS Wijnaldum doesnt look like a DM to me either.

He never has, is or will be. Square pegs.... Not sure we need to all cry but 2 positions need addressing. 

Time to make your mark Jurgen Klopp.

Milner at left back? Fuck off.

Agreed. It reeks of panic-particularly in view of the pressers this week where he (Klopp) refused to single out Moreno.

Milner does not have the pace to cover Moreno. We saw Coutinho play passes meant for Moreno, forgetting that it was the slower Milner in the position, and one of the problems with sudden changes in a settled team, is lack of flexible thinking in a given player.

I cant help but think that with attacking full backs, we need 5 at the back, leaving 3 solid backs covering the counter, when the wing backs are away up the pitch in a raiding party.

We've more than enough talent up front (albeit inconsistent) to play an extra (solid) centre back.

So lets buy one. Quickly.

Come back Skrrtel. We have an emergency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk