You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mountains

Mook

Guest Pistonbroke

This. In practical terms it would probably be a pain in the arse but I'd love to live in a place where it snows a lot.

Lovely crisp air an all. Had the pleasure of staying in the Herz Mountains for 3 months and it was awesome. Visited Bavaria loads and driving through the mountains to get from Wertach in Germany to Innsbruck in Austria was the best drive of my life. We went past quite a few lakes and despite the depth you could still see the bottom, crystal blue clear water. If people from the good forum ever visit Germany then you should really take in Lake Contance area, drive from there to Schloss Neuschwanstein, Schloss Hohenschwangau is also in the near. The best of the lot IMO is Linderhof Palace which like Neuschwanstein was built on the orders of King Ludwig the second and was his own favourite. It's about an hours drive from Füssen where Neuschwanstein is. Also just 15 mins drive once you get there from Oberammergau where they do the passion play, a very historical little town. You can then drive to Garmisch Partenkirchen which is about 30 mins away. This is also a great place to visit. You could then drive through the Mountains to Innsbruck and from there further through the mountains to get back to Lake Constance. Plenty of lovely little villages and lakes to see. If you need a tour guide, I'm free!!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone here climbed Kilimanjaro?

No, I researched it and planned to do it before I had a knee op'.

There's quite a few different routes up, but it's apparently not too hard until the last day where you start out super early to summit in the morning and head back down the same day.

Where is it?

Its a place called Hengistbury Head on the south coast. Well worth a visit if you ever find yourself that way.

BTW- I exaggerated, it wouldnt take 7mins, to climb it and walk all round it takes a couple of hours. You get some great views from the top-

Hengistbury.jpg

Anyway, enough large hill talk before we get told off 

• Upvote 1

Start a 'Hills' thread for this pish.

Mountains have to be over 2,000ft above sea level.

I went up Ben Ledi today (2884ft). Does that count?

It starts almost from the roadside and has a path pretty much all the way to the top (boo!) but even on a warm day it was amazing how cold it got as we neared the summit. I had gloves on and regretted not having packed a hat

• Upvote 1

I went up Ben Ledi today (2884ft). Does that count?

It starts almost from the roadside and has a path pretty much all the way to the top (boo!) but even on a warm day it was amazing how cold it got as we neared the summit. I had gloves on and regretted not having packed a hat

Aye, it's a Corbett, of course it counts.

Callander is a nice part of the World.