You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

It makes me laugh all this arguing about gotze. For me it's dead simple. Jurgen Klopp has worked with the lad day in, day out for years. He knows him better than any hipster on here. If klopp wants him, it's because he's better than we have, if he doesn't that's brilliant too, it means klopp has fellas he thinks are better than gotze.

It makes me laugh that users of a football forum don't understand what they are for (i.e. posting your opinion regarding football). My opinion is that Gotze isn't needed here but at the end of the day my opinion makes absolutely no difference. If Klopp wants to sign Gotze, that's fine. I'm just saying that it isn't what I would do if I were in his position.

I think Klopp wants the Villarreal level of performance every week.

Theirs no way you can get that level of performance, the running and pressing, with the same 11 players every week.

Coutinho isn't playing as a number 10, neither is Lallana. I think they'll stay as wide players, he'll bring Gotze in to compete with Firmino and he'll bring another wide player in too.

Hopefully we're playing RealMadrid on a Tuesday next season then playing Arsenal on the Saturday to stay top of the table. We'll need loads of good players for that

• Upvote 3

It makes me laugh all this arguing about gotze. For me it's dead simple. Jurgen Klopp has worked with the lad day in, day out for years. He knows him better than any hipster on here. If klopp wants him, it's because he's better than we have, if he doesn't that's brilliant too, it means klopp has fellas he thinks are better than gotze.

If you've watched enough of them, it's obvious that Götze is significantly better than Firmino and Lalana. He's also better than Coutinho.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I wouldn't have Gotze over Coutinho, I would over Lallana, not sure on Firmino. I'm not falling over myself to put down our better players or compare them negatively to others for no real reason. Gotze hasn't played at a top class standard for quite some time.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't have Gotze over Coutinho, I would over Lallana, not sure on Firmino. I'm not falling over myself to put down our better players or compare them negatively to others for no real reason. Gotze hasn't played at a top class standard for quite some time.

No one is. It's been reported that we are looking to sign him, I said yay because he'd be the best player in our team, and I'm not comfortable with the idea of us not signing him due to having inferior players already in his place.

Yeah, but even that aside, it's not like "fuck me, we couldn't possibly turn down the chance to sign Mario Gotze" - he's never looked like that level of player to me. But as someone else said, have to trust Klopp's judgement anyway.

Even if he hasn't "ever looked that level of player" just looking at the stats above, he is a 1 in 3 goalscorer and 1 in 3 for assists. I'm sold

Guest Numero Veinticinco

No one is. It's been reported that we are looking to sign him, I said yay because he'd be the best player in our team, and I'm not comfortable with the idea of us not signing him due to having inferior players already in his place.

You forgot the word 'fachhht' at the end of the sentence. If Klopp wants him, that's fine by me. I think those who are saying he'd be the best player in the team are somewhat misguided and are judging him by shit they've read from his Dortmund days. Coutinho is a better player in my view, and Firmino is more productive. It's grass is greener bullshit with big name players and the grass is toxic with smaller name players. It's just a gamble that doesn't need taking. If Klopp wants it, I trust his vision of how he wants to play.

• Upvote 1

You forgot the word 'fachhht' at the end of the sentence. If Klopp wants him, that's fine by me. I think those who are saying he'd be the best player in the team are somewhat misguided and are judging him by shit they've read from his Dortmund days. Coutinho is a better player in my view, and Firmino is more productive.

I've watched him play for Bayern, Dortmund and Germany.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I've watched him play for Bayern, Dortmund and Germany.

I don't believe you. Quite honestly, I question whether or not you've ever seen Liverpool play, let alone other teams.

Still, I guess in a world where Trump can be president, anything is possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

My seat had a restricted view last night to be fair.

Well, just move the computer screen.

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Those stats are similar to Firmino's in much less dominant sides

I've not seen them, but I'd wager all the money in my pockets vs all the money in your pockets that Firmino has a better record in both the Premier League and Bundesliga than Gotye. I am, however, too lazy to look it up.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

No computer screen at Anfield Rd End soz bebz.

I refer the gentleman to my previous comments.

84805-you-get-nothing-you-lose-good-Oo9p

The number of players i would happily see leave in July, has dropped significantly under the new manager.

Quite extraordinary.

I know what you mean. There'll still be some movement though.

Benteke will certainly be going, and perhaps Skrtel too. I reckon we'll also move on a lot of squad fillers like Teixeira and Bogdan.

Not sure what Klopp will want to do with players like Allen and Ibe. They'd both command decent transfer fees if he doesn't see them as integral to his plans.

We haven't missed Henderson in the slightest, could he be another possible departure?

We need a squad, still. Henderson should stay, in my view.

Maybe the spell out of the team will revitalise him in some way. He's looked a far cry from the machine of 2014. Perhaps the armband weighs too heavily on him.

He's English and young, though, so he'd command a pretty sizeable transfer fee if Klopp wanted to bring in his own man in a similar position. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Maybe the spell out of the team will revitalise him in some way. He's looked a far cry from the machine of 2014. Perhaps the armband weighs too heavily on him.

He's English and young, though, so he'd command a pretty sizeable transfer fee if Klopp wanted to bring in his own man in a similar position.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I think we need to add at least one, possibly two midfielders as it is, with Lucas surely going to look for pastures new, if he goes I'd likely want another.

I've not seen them, but I'd wager all the money in my pockets vs all the money in your pockets that Firmino has a better record in both the Premier League and Bundesliga than Gotye. I am, however, too lazy to look it up.

Gotye has probably sold more records though.