You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Inequality

AngryOfTuebrook

Yes, they can do whatever they want. How that effects their business is their lookout, if customers are that arsed and leave they'll have to adapt or die.

Morally repugnant.

Throwing Rosa Parks off your bus was legal. So was fucking slavery.

You've completely abdicated moral responsibility there. It's pathetic.

• Upvote 2

Yes, they can do whatever they want. How that effects their business is their lookout, if customers are that arsed and leave they'll have to adapt or die.

That really is just naive from an Energy company worker knowing how they have formed a Cartel and having been caught price fixing.

You also seem to espouse competition when it really doesnt exist in most companies,energy ones especially.

Its why its still legal to get away with so much immoral behaviour despite it being legal.

I think you've jumped the shark.

Not at all.

It's the attitude of someone who is just not a very nice human being.

"They can do what they want and I'm not strong enough to take a moral position against it if it's legal".

Either you're being stubborn and won't accept that legal acts can be abhorrent because you think you'd lose a bit of a debate or you're a morally deficient cunt. I think it's the first, not the second.

• Upvote 1

Nope, they can do whatever they want, but until it becomes law then the business has no requirement to change.

All of these businesses have customers who can vote with their feet if they are that bothered. Look how long people were arsed about Google and Starbucks.

Ah yes, the Free Market, where informed and empowered consumers make rational choices.

It's hilarious that you sneer at religious people who believe in stuff that bears no relation to the real world, then you go genuflecting to this Chicago School bullshit.

• Upvote 1

That really is just naive from an Energy company worker knowing how they have formed a Cartel and having been caught price fixing.

You also seem to espouse competition when it really doesnt exist in most companies,energy ones especially.

Its why its still legal to get away with so much immoral behaviour despite it being legal.

How did they form this cartel exactly, I'd be really interested to know how it happened. CMA report is due soon, we'll see.

Not at all.

It's the attitude of someone who is just not a very nice human being.

"They can do what they want and I'm not strong enough to take a moral position against it if it's legal".

Either you're being stubborn and won't accept that legal acts can be abhorrent because you think you'd lose a bit of a debate or you're a morally deficient cunt. I think it's the first, not the second.

I think I live in a world where I don't expect a

Business to be my moral compass, I don't like to blame 'the man' for all the things that are wrong in that world. If I don't like a business or its ethics I don't use them, like the Sun. It's easy to do and despite knowing it won't matter I continue to do it as do a few hundred thousand others.

I work for a company that you don't like but treats me and its 40k employees well, it always does well in emp sat surveys. If they were shit, I'd leave. I'd expect any other normal person to do the same.

• Upvote 2

I think I live in a world where I don't expect a

Business to be my moral compass, I don't like to blame 'the man' for all the things that are wrong in that world. If I don't like a business or its ethics I don't use them, like the Sun. It's easy to do and despite knowing it won't matter I continue to do it as do a few hundred thousand others.

I work for a company that you don't like but treats me and its 40k employees well, it always does well in emp sat surveys. If they were shit, I'd leave. I'd expect any other normal person to do the same.

No, you're your own moral compass. And that compass tells you anything legal that a company does is fine. Despite the fact it has now been pointed out to you repeatedly that terrible things can be legal.

Everything else you're coming back with is bluster and smoke.

As I say, I don't for one second think you believe abhorrent things that are legal are fine...you're just not big enough to admit you said something that is mental.

No you fool, I think you are stretching this to the fucking extreme to try and proove your point. Pray tell who's the moral guardian at your place and exactly what you've done when they've not agreed with you. Plus, there's a moral spectrum, what I think is OK may not be what you or a Christian fundamentalist thinks is ok - so what do we use...oh yes, the law.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think I live in a world where I don't expect a business to be my moral compass, I don't like to blame 'the man' for all the things that are wrong in that world. If I don't like a business or its ethics I don't use them, like the Sun. It's easy to do and despite knowing it won't matter I continue to do it as do a few hundred thousand others.

What-the-fuck-is-this-shit-LOL-Michael-J

• Upvote 1

No you fool, I think you are stretching this to the fucking extreme to try and proove your point. Pray tell who's the moral guardian at your place and exactly what you've done when they've not agreed with you. Plus, there's a moral spectrum, what I think is OK may not be what you or a Christian fundamentalist thinks is ok - so what do we use...oh yes, the law.

Rico, you said that it's fine for companies to do anything they want if it's legal.

You did. That's your moral judgement, not anybody else's.

If you don't see how fucked up your moral compass is to take that view then you're just not a very nice human being. It's as simple as that.

You keep trying to hide behind what other people might think is acceptable because I keep bringing it back to what you said was acceptable. And that's anything legal. Which includes some deeply horrible shit all over the planet and throughout history.

Slavery was legal. Bonded labour is. Aparthied has been. The law is irrelevant to an individual's moral judgement on something.

That's why when I ask you about Christian fundamentalism you will attack it aggressively, and not defend it with silly statements about anything legal being none of your business. Consistency? Practice what you preach brother.

• Upvote 1

What the fuck are you on? I'm struggling like fuck here, who mentioned going back in time...you...who mentioned fucking slavery....you. Your point is shite and you are all over the place.

All businesses have to operate inside the law, that's the fucking reality of it. Applying morals is wank because your morals, my morals and your Aunty Edith's morals all differ so, the only fucking answer is they all act within the law. What's so fucking hard about that? If society finds that law needs changing then it's changed - like sex discrimination, race equality etc. Now a company might be progressive and adapt quicker but it doesn't mean all the others are cunts.

What the fuck are you on? I'm struggling like fuck here, who mentioned going back in time...you...who mentioned fucking slavery....you. Your point is shite and you are all over the place.

All businesses have to operate inside the law, that's the fucking reality of it. Applying morals is wank because your morals, my morals and your Aunty Edith's morals all differ so, the only fucking answer is they all act within the law. What's so fucking hard about that? If society finds that law needs changing then it's changed - like sex discrimination, race equality etc. Now a company might be progressive and adapt quicker but it doesn't mean all the others are cunts.

Yes, we can see you're struggling.

I'll clarify.

People were making moral points about pay inequality. You then came in and said that it's nodody else's business what a company does if it's legal.

It was then pointed out to you that immoral practice within the law is other people's business as lots of terrible things are legal and taking a moral position on them is the right thing to do. To challenge companies (that's how those legal changes you mentioned happen).

It was then pointed out to you that you seem to think the fully legal activities of a religion are your business, and that you are showing no consistency.

Hopefully you're not as lost now, what with it not being that complicated.