You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp Kopped.

thompsonsnose

I'm surprised about the number of games Gerrard played but I standby my comment that he was no longer world class,the season we challenged under Rafa where him and Torres were tearing teams apart he was.The season after that he was out for most of it and when Kenny took over he was out for the second half of that season, he never reached the level he did under Rafa again and was not played as an am anymore.

Suarez was a shit finisher when Kenny was here I can remember that clearly and they showed some examples last night on mnf, you say he got 17 in 39 that season but we got to both the carling and fa cup final that season playing mostly lower league teams and I'm quite sure he scored a few in those games.Yes he could have improved under a different manager but that's not guarenteed and I doubt it would have happened under Kenny, he wanted to play with a target man and get the ball wide while BR set the team up around Suarez.

This squad is very good and doesn't need revamping like when BR took over, we just need a couple of world class players added to improve the first 11 and the only positions which need a clear upgrade are the gk and dm positions.

Which two players in this squad are contributing as much as Gerrard and Suarez did in Rodgers' first season? Or capable of contributing as much?

I'm surprised about the number of games Gerrard played but I standby my comment that he was no longer world class,the season we challenged under Rafa where him and Torres were tearing teams apart he was.The season after that he was out for most of it and when Kenny took over he was out for the second half of that season, he never reached the level he did under Rafa again and was not played as an am anymore.

Suarez was a shit finisher when Kenny was here I can remember that clearly and they showed some examples last night on mnf, you say he got 17 in 39 that season but we got to both the carling and fa cup final that season playing mostly lower league teams and I'm quite sure he scored a few in those games.Yes he could have improved under a different manager but that's not guarenteed and I doubt it would have happened under Kenny, he wanted to play with a target man and get the ball wide while BR set the team up around Suarez.

This squad is very good and doesn't need revamping like when BR took over, we just need a couple of world class players added to improve the first 11 and the only positions which need a clear upgrade are the gk and dm positions.

This squad is very good ? You honestly think that ?

Personally I think this is the worst Liverpool squad for quite some time, barring perhaps a handful of players I'd get rid of the lot.

Now, if what has been reported regarding recruitment is true, I have a modicum of sympathy for Rodgers and it's a situation I can't see Klopp putting up with for very long as unlike Rodgers, he has a standing in the game and a reputation to protect, he's also a straight talker. There will be no cliché ridden shite from him. The simple fact is, the squad got weaker under Rodgers, he may not be fully responsible but during his tenure we spent £300m, the majority of it on dross.

We have over £40m of 'talent' out on loan because they didn't work out, all signed and subsequently shipped out while Rodgers was manager.

We didn't have any of those things last season (besides an over the hill Gerrard) and we still finished 2 places and 10 points higher than the season before Rodgers arrived and that was with 2-3 months of relegation form at the end. This time last year we were in a run of 33 points from a possible 39, putting us right in the thick of the top 4 race and now I'm hearing that virtually the same squad is as bad as we've had in living memory and anything in the top half will be an achievement.

• Upvote 1

We didn't have any of those things last season (besides an over the hill Gerrard) and we still finished 2 places and 10 points higher than the season before Rodgers arrived and that was with 2-3 months of relegation form at the end. This time last year we were in a run of 33 points from a possible 39, putting us right in the thick of the top 4 race and now I'm hearing that virtually the same squad is as bad as we've had in living memory and anything in the top half will be an achievement.

Spot on, I'm out of rep but will rep your last two posts when I get some.Klopp gets no criticism for this season because he's a new manager but BRs first season is classed as a failure and was used against him by fans towards the end.He was able to find a way last season to get the team playing better then it is now with only Sterling up front but it's ok Klopp is flopping against small teams, against Watford everyone was saying they wanted it more then us, shouldn't Klopp be responsible for that and is Remy Garde not responsible when villa get tonked.

Klopp has done quite a few things wrong but most fans don't want to admit it, I could live with that if I didn't know it wasn't all going to be used against him at the first sign of trouble but it will be.

• Downvote 1

I don't think anyone can argue Klopp hasn't been mildly disappointing. Even with the average, unbalanced squad we have, you would have expected a world class manager to not lose badly to the likes of Watford, West Ham and Newcastle and you would expect more than 3 wins in the last 11.

It's also worrying that we've given up the most set-piece goals of any team in the league and that we have just as many goals as Sunderland. 

He will make us a very difficult proposition when he will be able to buy players he wants but at the moment I don't think you can say he's done a better job than his incumbent. And at the very least, given that he is a better manager than Rodgers, this is what is the most disappointing currently.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think anyone can argue Klopp hasn't been mildly disappointing. Even with the average, unbalanced squad we have, you would have expected a world class manager to not lose badly to the likes of Watford, West Ham and Newcastle and you would expect more than 3 wins in the last 11.

It's also worrying that we've given up the most set-piece goals of any team in the league and that we have just as many goals as Sunderland.

He will make us a very difficult proposition when he will be able to buy players he wants but at the moment I don't think you can say he's done a better job than his incumbent. And at the very least, given that he is a better manager than Rodgers, this is what is the most disappointing currently.

new country, new league, new style of football, lots of games and little time to train, someone else's players.

if we re still this inconsistent this time next year then start to worry.

although I hoped we d kick on a bit even though I ve felt top 4 is beyond us for a while now.

like it or not this is a free season for klopp.

• Upvote 2

What's the problem with what I wrote? Should we not be winning more than 3 games in 11 matches? Should we be conceding from a set-piece every game? Why are standards so low all of a sudden? This is Liverpool not West Brom. No matter how bad the squad is perceived to be, no one here thinks Klopp could be doing better?

As I said, we'll be fine when Klopp get's new players in, but right now it's ugly.

The second half of Rodgers' last full season provided plenty of evidence for the disillusionment and apathy that had set in.  The final game of the season should have been his curtain call.  I bet no-one was more surprised than the players when they discovered he was going to be the manager at the start of the next season.  

He tried, and they sort of tried, but he was a busted flush, a dead man walking, a man brushing his teeth with the sword of Damocles etc etc.  He wasn't getting the belief, respect, or confidence of the players back, let alone the support.  Once it's gone, it's gone.  His sacking was more protracted and painful than it needed to be, but it was absolutely for the best, regardless of who was coming in to replace him.  

The results might have been slightly disappointing, but it doesn't bother me one bit. He's trying to get us to play like a big team at least on a tactical level, i.e. playing high up the pitch, taking more risks in possession, putting opposition under pressure and committing full-backs forward. Unfortunately, we've assembled a squad of tactically very poor players, so that does leave us exposed at times and results may suffer as a result. He could easily have gone for the safe results-based approach but that wouldn't be the best approach in terms of development as he often mentions. 

He's trying to get the players to play with more confidence even if they have to learn it the hard way. If we have to sacrifice a few points on the way, so be it. But,  I think we've already seen quite a few players, at least on an individual level, benefiting from this approach (Lovren, Origi, Moreno, Clyne, Can, Allen).

• Upvote 1

Spot on, I'm out of rep but will rep your last two posts when I get some.Klopp gets no criticism for this season because he's a new manager but BRs first season is classed as a failure and was used against him by fans towards the end.

In that first summer he got his first two picks, those being Borini and Allen. You can say what you want about the transfer confusion after that point, but those two players are 100% Rodgers signings, only he would have shelled out £24m on those two players at that time.

Later on in that window, Assaidi came in. I have no doubt he was a 'scout' signing. I am also unsure of Sturridge, but am certain Coutinho was a scout signing also.

So, your point is weak. Klopp will get nothing like the scrutiny that Rodgers did because Klopp hasn't been given £24m to spend on his two favourite players yet. When he does, and we're still shit, then we'll talk again.

What's the problem with what I wrote? Should we not be winning more than 3 games in 11 matches? Should we be conceding from a set-piece every game? Why are standards so low all of a sudden? This is Liverpool not West Brom. No matter how bad the squad is perceived to be, no one here thinks Klopp could be doing better?

As I said, we'll be fine when Klopp get's new players in, but right now it's ugly.

And I think everyone agrees it's ugly and unacceptable.

But three things have to be taken into consideration; he's barely had 20 games at the club, the injury list is horrendous, and he's not bought any players himself yet. Grujic seems to be a scouting buy, and Caulker is a loan.

I would rather have someone in who will take his time getting things right, who won't panic in shelling out money on players for a quick fix rather than the usual new manager bounce.

If it takes time then so be it but this guy for me is 100% the right man, even if it is a bit shit at the minute.

• Upvote 4

What's Klopps turnover of players like in January window? Seen the stats of big turnover in summer at dortmond.

Hope it's his choice and all his targets are available in summer and it's not the board being tight arses.

Don't think I've ever wanted us to sign somebody as badly as I do this month.Its gonna be a depressing second half of the season unless he can get a striker who fits his style of play.were like a fucking tiger without any bastard teeth

You can't blame him too much really,my only gripe is that we don't play 2 upfront until we get players he needs for his system.He obviously thinks it's more important to get squad used to formation in prep for next season.the thing that I like most about him is his (seemingly) strong belief in his system if not the players.He also doesn't seem to be panicking too much either.Hopefully the players he wants he gets in summer and we hit ground running because it soul destroying at present.Love the way he was honest about Sinclair saying to play Central Striker that u also need strength and the way he's binned Bogdan out.He knows exactly what he wants this fella

Also loved the way after Exeter he said our younglings got pushed off ball and that it's the coaches fault and not the players.He will also sort Sturridge farce out one way or other by next season too.Didi Hamann has probably told him to bin him off because apparently he was mentally and/or physically weak at city too and was always saying he was unfit

Was talking to a Man Utd fan in work.this morning we agreed that both squads are pretty average but he was convinced that given Time & money Klopp will sort this mess out he wasn't to complimentary about what Van Gaal was trying to achieve over at the old toilet the argument being that if other fans can see this Guy turning it around then why can't some of our fans see what klopp is capable off I've no doubt in 2-3 years he will have us challenging at the top but he needs backing by the board

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk