You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

The problem with FSG is that trophies are not really a statistic they are interested in.

What I don't get is that until they sell up then its all a paper profit. Or am I being naive? If they sold the club now they would double their money at a minimum, so what are they waiting for? Are there no buyers? Are they waiting for increased TV revenue before they sell?

They are trying to squeeze as much out of the asset as possible and will plan to sell when they feel it is as valuable as it can get.

They are very clever people who will have a strategy to sell at the right time for them.

No point getting worked up about it. Club has been appropriated. Another Shake Shack or Starbucks ... just an asset to be plumped then sold for a billion profit when the day does come.

Not had much of a view either way on this so have read the thread with interest. Have to say, I think the naysayers are winning me over.

It seems hard to disagree with the notion that FSG don't give a fuck if we win. I bet they don't rate the FA cup or the milk cup either. In fact the last man to win a trophy they fired.

They have the perfect coach in Klopp who they are manipulating in my view. He's a good coach but not a miracle worker but he thinks he is. They are playing on that and to keep him honest constantly yank the rug from beneath him just as he had it at Dortmund. They are a slightly better Hicks and Gillette but with much better PR.

They are trying to squeeze as much out of the asset as possible and will plan to sell when they feel it is as valuable as it can get.

They are very clever people who will have a strategy to sell at the right time for them.

But the problem with that is the folks buying it would want to make a profit too. So if the profit is maximized already, what's the point in buying it?

The answer is someone who wants to buy it with something in mind other than making a profit. Those kind of people don't grow on trees. Or FSG sell at a point not maximised. Which would be around now I would have thought.

But the problem with that is the folks buying it would want to make a profit too. So if the profit is maximized already, what's the point in buying it?

The answer is someone who wants to buy it with something in mind other than making a profit. Those kind of people don't grow on trees. Or FSG sell at a point not maximised. Which would be around now I would have thought.

I see what you are saying, but they won’t give a fuck about whether the next guy makes a profit or not.

They are rich enough to hold the asset for as long as they need to. They don’t have to sell, they raise their own funds, they don’t even have to set foot in Anfield.

The last owners were skint, so they had to be more visable as they were trying to raise money, whereas this lot can just keep it ticking over.

My guess is that they have their eyes on the next tv deal and/or whether streaming rights might ever emerge( this is what H & G were banking on)

Has anyone suggested a realistic, better alternative to FSG yet? I remember all the whingeing about Moores and how nobody could be worse than him. Just who is going to buy the club for £1bn or so and then pump in hundreds of millions to replace three quarters of the squad?

They are rich enough to hold the asset for as long as they need to.

Not even they will live forever. At some point you have to sell while you're alive and able to enjoy the fruits of your labour, unless I am missing something and they are making money from holding LFC.

Has anyone suggested a realistic, better alternative to FSG yet? I remember all the whingeing about Moores and how nobody could be worse than him. Just who is going to buy the club for £1bn or so and then pump in hundreds of millions to replace three quarters of the squad?

Does there have be a better alternative though? Is it not sufficient just to *know* that we have some mingebags fucking us up? Acceptance is important for healing. 

Does there have be a better alternative though? Is it not sufficient just to *know* that we have some mingebags fucking us up? Acceptance is important for healing.

Agree with that. The nature of our ownership was sealed the day Moores cashed out and I can't believe people still haven't accepted it.

• Upvote 2

We don't need an alternative. We just need the current owners to give a little more of a shit about the football side of things.

The man flying around on the unicorn

There's something going seriously wrong at our club. Either Klopp is that fucking stubborn that he genuinely believes we don't need strengthening in areas every fan knows is obvious, or he does but FSG won't back him, in which case he's covering for them. Both of those scenarios suck arse but is there really any other reality?

Also when was the last time these frauds bothered to turn up to watch their team play? They're not even pretending any more; they couldn't give a flying fuck whether or not their cash cow brings any silverware for the supporters as long as they're getting a decent return on their investment. Fucking scum.

• Upvote 1

There's something going seriously wrong at our club. Either Klopp is that fucking stubborn that he genuinely believes we don't need strengthening in areas every fan knows is obvious, or he does but FSG won't back him, in which case he's covering for them. Both of those scenarios suck arse but is there really any other reality?

Klopp's not an idiot, he knows we need to strengthen. The problem is that I think most inside the club know we can't do better than him as far as managers go, and so there's zero short-term pressure surrounding his position and they've given him a long term scope.

That means he's never going to be rushed into buying players and will wait for specific ones or for deals that make sense. There's no other reason. If there was no money or people were going over his head for transfer stuff, he'd be making comments like Conte does all the time. 

Also when was the last time these frauds bothered to turn up to watch their team play? They're not even pretending any more; they couldn't give a flying fuck whether or not their cash cow brings any silverware for the supporters as long as they're getting a decent return on their investment. Fucking scum.

Absolutely. 

Maybe I have too much faith in the manager, but I just will not accept that he believes this current squad are good enough. Who would sell their best player and convince themselves that Danny Ings is an adequate 1st sub. It is just unfathomable.

He must be covering for them. 

Klopp's not an idiot, he knows we need to strengthen. The problem is that I think most inside the club know we can't do better than him as far as managers go, and so there's zero short-term pressure surrounding his position and they've given him a long term scope.

That means he's never going to be rushed to buy players and will wait for specific ones or for deals that make sense. There's no other reason. If there was no money or people were going over his head for transfer stuff, he'd be making comments like Conte does all the time. 

Would he? I really doubt he would. Klopp's greatest concern seems to be morale. He isn't Rafa. He isn't going to out his boss on the world stage.

Would he? I really doubt he would. Klopp's greatest concern seems to be morale. He isn't Rafa. He isn't going to out his boss on the world stage.

He's been here since 2015. If promises had been broken or if there are disagreements, we'd know about it by now. Rodgers' fights with the transfer committee were basically common knowledge as they were happening. 

He signs players like Wenger, that is, only when he really wants to, because he knows he's in it for the long haul. If his job was on the line, we'd already have signed someone this month. 

I don’t see why Klopp would cover for them. He’s on record saying that every bit of Coutinho money would be reinvested in the squad. I just think Klopp’s too idealistic and arrogant around signing of players.

He covers for his shite players on a daily basis. He genuinely comes out and tells us players like Lovren and Mignolet are great players.

I couldn't see him outing our owners.

Guarantee you, there is a stipulation in his contract about towing the party line at all times to protect the brand.  That is'nt a sleight on Klopp as im sure every manager who has interviewed for the position since FSG took over would have been put in the same position.

FSG couldnt even be bothered to turn up for one of the club's best players final game for the club, that told you all you needed to know. But yet they will turn up if their is a big European football conference.......

He's been here since 2015. If promises had been broken or if there are disagreements, we'd know about it by now. Rodgers' fights with the transfer committee were basically common knowledge as they were happening. 

He signs players like Wenger, that is, only when he really wants to, because he knows he's in it for the long haul. If his job was on the line, we'd already have signed someone this month. 

God help us if that is the case.

If Klopp is happy to give up on seasons because his job isn't on the line, then he can stop telling the fans to be more supportive during games. What the fuck should we care about our team winning, if he doesnt?