You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

You just stole my post from general election night.

You had me worried there, I thought I had subconsciously stolen it lock, stock and barrel.

Fortunately, whatever you wrote, you didn't use the words "quacking", "spastics" or "Eichmann", so I can plead innocent on the plagiarism front.

• Upvote 1

They are going to love it when Nissan fucks off.

I'm going to fucking love it. I'm going to go down there as they put the factory in mothballs, dressed as Jim Bowen with a fistful of 50s, dancing round saying "Look at what you could have won", then I'm going to shove a bendy bully up my arsehole.

BBC scraping the barrel there! Interviewing a load of pissed blokes in a lock in in some Pub in Worcester.

Rather listen to them than that smug cunt David Davies or watch Jeremy Vine dancing round the studio crapping on about his puerile graphics  

I'm going to fucking love it. I'm going to go down there as they put the factory in mothballs, dressed as Jim Bowen with a fistful of 50s, dancing round saying "Look at what you could have won", then I'm going to shove a bendy bully up my arsehole.

I'm going to take Dutch citizenship and point and laugh at all of you.
  • Upvote 1

Saddest thing about all this is just how large a percentage of our population feel like they've no longer got anything to lose. And they're right of course. 

Where was the EU when Sports Direct was attaching mousetraps to people's dicks?

Sunderland was the subject matter as we were discussing the first to declare which you called a race. You can backstroke all you want and try and change your tack.

You can use imaginary figures all you want. I said to provide figures for Sunderland for the first vote and variance between that and any subsequent re counts.

There's no backstroking. It's scientific fact. Counting is inaccurate. Increasing the speed of counting will NOT improve the accuracy, it can only increase the risk of inaccuracy.

I've demonstrated with maths why your premise that the discrepancy between first and second counts is the measure of accuracy is incorrect. Maths isn't wrong, you are.

We don't know how inaccurate a specific count is, because we don't measure it. We just go with the flow if the margin is large enough, and if the the margin is narrow, we do a recount (or multiple recounts) until we're happy it's as accurate as it's going to get.

My gripe is that a constituency that is taking measures to speed things up would be better served improving accuracy. Accuracy in more important in democracy than speed. That was always the point after somebody made a comment about Sunderland rushing around to be first - and I agreed with them. The rushing serves NO purpose other than a PR stunt for the media. 

We're not going to agree on this matter. I'm not anti Sunderland, I'm anti 'pissing about with a race for the media' - no matter who is doing it.

"People in Sunderland have come out to vote for the first time since 1983 to give a kick up the arse to the establishment and David Cameron" - That's what the general election is for you fools.

It's amazing how the nation seems hell bent on caring about our sovereignty and yet turned out in lesser numbers for our own General Election!

A kick up the arse is understandable, but it feels like we're kicking our own arses!

Saddest thing about all this is just how large a percentage of our population feel like they've no longer got anything to lose. And they're right of course. 

Where was the EU when Sports Direct was attaching mousetraps to people's dicks?

We've lost a lot as a nation. But there is a LOT more to lose still.