You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Klopp deserve a shot at the Liverpool job?

ratcatcher

What makes me laugh in this thread are people using Klopps worst season at Dortmund when they made the cup final against Rodgers best season at Liverpool where we won nothing.

Laughable how the comparisons are made. Rodgers bullshit spreads far and wide.

They're both bad seasons but Klopp (after several great seasons there) held his hands up that it wasn't acceptable and left. The reality was he'd taken them as far as he could. It's a club with a fraction of even our budget and they sell their best players every year. What more could he achieve?

Klopp couldn't dream of spending 120 million in a transfer window at Dortmund (not even half that) and our wage bill is a lot higher. So why are we not getting out of our CL group ahead of Basle and then going straight out the Europa to Besiktas?

They're both bad seasons but Klopp (after several great seasons there) held his hands up that it wasn't acceptable and left. The reality was he'd taken them as far as he could. It's a club with a fraction of even our budget and they sell their best players every year. What more could he achieve?

Klopp couldn't dream of spending 120 million in a transfer window at Dortmund (not even half that) and our wage bill is a lot higher. So why are we not getting out of our CL group ahead of Basle and then going straight out the Europa to Besiktas?

Agree totally mate. But then i believe jurgens got more integrity in his little finger than rodgers has at all.

Id be surprised if their are any managers in europe who would wave goodbye to his coaching staff to save his own skin..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The start to the new season won't be anything other than a disaster. You can't sweep what happened last season under the carpet, it's going to be a train crash Relegation places by end of September I think

Yep. Peter risdales goldfish would run us better maybe you should just put her in charge?

Its a travel tavern.

What makes me laugh in this thread are people using Klopps worst season at Dortmund when they made the cup final against Rodgers best season at Liverpool where we won nothing.

Laughable how the comparisons are made. Rodgers bullshit spreads far and wide.

I've been judging Klopps bad season with BRs bad season, Klopps was worse and he was dealing with a team that had won the title a few years ago and players he's been working with for years.Getting to a cup final means fuck all if you don't win it the same as with our semis this season, Dortmunds performance in it was shocking aswell with Klopp getting a few things wrong.

Klopps been failing to turn things around for a few years not just last season, since the league has got stronger Dortmund have been getting further behind the top teams and for a couple of years pundits have been saying his system has been found out.

• Downvote 1

Klopps been failing to turn things around for a few years not just last season, since the league has got stronger Dortmund have been getting further behind the top teams and for a couple of years pundits have been saying his system has been found out.

He finished second in the two previous seasons to last one. How is that "failing to turn things around for a few years"?

You say they've been falling behind the top teams - plural - for a couple of years. Yet, only once in that time has there been more than one team finishing ahead of them, and that was last season. Other than that it's only been Bayern, widely regarded as the best in Europe at the time.

You seem to be fancifully elongating Klopp's bad run with each post.

He finished second in the two previous seasons to last one. How is that "failing to turn things around for a few years"?

You say they've been falling behind the top teams - plural - for a couple of years. Yet, only once in that time has there been more than one team finishing ahead of them, and that was last season. Other than that it's only been Bayern, widely regarded as the best in Europe at the time.

You seem to be fancifully elongating Klopp's bad run with each post.

Not in this case mate, have a look at the points total Dortmund have been getting the last 3 or 4 seasons, I know in one of those seasons they were over 30 points off first and 18 points was the closet they have been in that period, last season they fell off even further.

Not in this case mate, have a look at the points total Dortmund have been getting the last 3 or 4 seasons, I know in one of those seasons they were over 30 points off first and 18 points was the closet they have been in that period, last season they fell off even further.

And your claim that they have been falling behind the top teams (plural) for a couple of years? Specifically, which teams (plural) were they falling behind in the 2013/2014 season?

And your claim that they have been falling behind the top teams (plural) for a couple of years? Specifically, which teams (plural) were they falling behind in the 2013/2014 season?

Ok I should have said they have failed to maintain the heights he got them to with the title in the last 3 or 4 years and last season he had other teams overtake his.

Do you think Brendan Rodgers is a better football manager than Jurgen Klopp?

I wouldn't know as I don't see them day in day out, Klopps got a better cv and we don't know how BR would have done at Dortmund or Klopp at LFC.

I warmed to the idea of Klopp towards the end of the season and would take him if BR fucks up next season, time will tell though and I don't see that happening.

BR has a valuable learning experience from last season that not many managers get, he knows what fans will and won't tolerate and he knows exactly what's expected.

Agree totally mate. But then i believe jurgens got more integrity in his little finger than rodgers has at all.

What makes you think this?  He's no paragon of virtue.  He's talking about managing LFC while Brendan is still in the job.  That lacks respect and is an of example poor professional integrity, in my opinion.  He has also been repeatedly fined for yelling at officials.  

if BR fucks up next season

Just out curiosity what would constitute BR "fucking up" in your eyes. Would you want him back if he fails to get us back into the CL? What's good enough for you? 5th? 6th? 7th? finishing ahead of the bitters?

We either stick with a failed Reading and Watford manager who has had one good season in his career. Mainly influenced by a player in the same bracket as Lionel Messi,still no trophies though,or go looking for a manager who has actually won some trophies?

A no brainer really,keep the unsuccessful one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What makes you think this?  He's no paragon of virtue.  He's talking about managing LFC while Brendan is still in the job.  

To be fair he isn't directly. His agent is, and hes speaking in very general terms. His agent has said stuff that directly hints at us I think but its no worse than any other manager's agent has done or ever will do. 

We either stick with a failed Reading and Watford manager who has had one good season in his career. Mainly influenced by a player in the same bracket as Lionel Messi,still no trophies though,or go looking for a manager who has actually won some trophies?

A no brainer really,keep the unsuccessful one.

That's a few times you've labelled him a failure at Watford now. He took over when they were hovering just above the relegation zone and then led them to a comfortable mid-table finish. Reading then paid a sizeable fee to buy him out of his contract and Watford's fans were furious to see him leave. He had a good season there. He had a very good season when he got Swansea promoted. Another very good season when he led them to an 11th place finish the following year. And a fantastic season when he oversaw our strongest title challenge in 20 odd years, having taken over when we were further from the top than we had been in decades.

What's the thinking behind the desperate clamour for a trophy winning manager? Do you think because a manager won a trophy in a different league, with a different team, with different players, against different opposition, in entirely different circumstances, they're going to do it here? How is Rodgers over-performing in the Premier League with Swansea less relevant to our situation than, say, Guardiola taking over the best squad in the history of club football at Barcelona and winning everything there? Would Guardiola win the treble here? Would Luis Enrique? Would they do it at Everton? Or Sunderland?

• Upvote 2

You're confusing the reasons why people want a different manager with a better track record of silverware.

No one is expecting a manager with a history of winning things to automatically do it here. The fact that trophies are mentioned simply speaks to the ability of the manager, rather than whether they'd replicate those feats in our situation.

What people see in Klopp, Ancelotti etc are the qualities they displayed on the route to success, which many feel Rodgers lacks.

That's a few times you've labelled him a failure at Watford now. He took over when they were hovering just above the relegation zone and then led them to a comfortable mid-table finish. Reading then paid a sizeable fee to buy him out of his contract and Watford's fans were furious to see him leave. He had a good season there.

Wow, getting sacked mid season, after only winning 6 out of 23 games is classed as a good season. Holy fucking shit. You learn something new every day.

Re: Watford. A mate who used to be a season ticket holder, laughed his fucking arse off when Rodgers was unveiled as Liverpool manager. 

When Rodgers took over they were only 5 points away from the club in 13th (where they finished). So over a 30 game period he managed to gain 5 points. Woopdi fucking do! He also finished with a minus goal difference, just like at Reading.