You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Star Wars Films

Section_31

Real  time I think, 30 years. 

Would be an odd story mechanic to make out that a significant portion of Star Wars canon (a galactic war, the rise and fall of a galactic empire, the extermination of the Jedi, the rise of the sith and Jar Jar Binks) could be forgotten in what amounts to half a decade.

Episode 8 is out in May 2017 and Episode 9 in 2019, so not really.

That Daisy lass is obviously the main character - she's front and centre in the poster and first up in the trailer.

I'm hoping that all the clips of Boyega with a lightsaber and facing up to Kylo Ren is just a curve ball and Daisy Ridley turns out to be the Jedi. Given the new poster I would very much enjoy seeing her flinging a double ended dil........light sabre around.

Would be an odd story mechanic to make out that a significant portion of Star Wars canon (a galactic war, the rise and fall of a galactic empire, the extermination of the Jedi, the rise of the sith and Jar Jar Binks) could be forgotten in what amounts to half a decade.

I believe (IMO) looking back, the Jedi were totally unknown in the original trilogy. Whilst we (fans/real people) know the story of Luke, no one in that Far Far away Galaxy knows the story, they just know the Empire was destroyed. Let us not forget that Luke was totally unaware of The Force, despite growing up on a planet that had seen the excess of a Hateful Anakin. 

Hence, Han saying "It's true. All of it. The Dark side. The Jedi. They're real."  No one is denying the destruction of the Death Star just the myth of the Jedi, that ended during Episode III. 

That only works if the prequels hadn't established the jedi as a peace keeping force/trump card/front and centre throughout the galaxy. I'm down with certain individuals being myths but not all of it being forgotten within 50 years, if that turns out to be the case.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The swelling music as the Millenium falcon emerges is incredible. Have watched it nearly 20 times and Wililams' score still gives me goosebumps.

That alone turns me back into a wide eyed mesmerised 7 year old kid again. I can't wait to so see this with my 7 year old son and hope he gets the same from it as me all those years back.

That only works if the prequels hadn't established the jedi as a peace keeping force/trump card/front and centre throughout the galaxy. I'm down with certain individuals being myths but not all of it being forgotten within 50 years, if that turns out to be the case.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Nah I think that's more than conceivable if the Empire had total control over the media and the education system, look how quickly Hitler changed German society. Han Solo says to Obi Wan that he's never seen anything which makes him think there's some all encompassing force controlling his destiny. That Moff dude cites Vader's 'sad devotion to an ancient religion'. 

It seems that by that time it's become a bit of a myth/figure of fun. 

I'm hoping that all the clips of Boyega with a lightsaber and facing up to Kylo Ren is just a curve ball and Daisy Ridley turns out to be the Jedi. Given the new poster I would very much enjoy seeing her flinging a double ended dil........light sabre around.

You can't have a bird for the hero!! She'll be taking episode 8 off to have a baby and then who's gonna save the galaxy?

• Upvote 5

Do I need to put my theories in spoilers even  though they're just theories? Can't do tags on this Mac for some reason. 

Anyway. I'll put it below. 

I suspect Kylo and Dassy are Solo and Leia's kids and Han dies at Kylo's hands. That's why they've both got the force as they're Anakin's grandkids. I also wonder if Fin is Lando's kid, as none of the merchandise features a second name.