You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random musical chat.

Carvalho Diablo

It's a funny one, that one. Probably the first case of it's kind.

The feel of the song is the one they have found has been ripped off, mostly the percussion elements.

But the percussion is the one things that apparently can't be copywrited/protected in the same way as musical notation/lyrics.

Admitidly I haven't gone through the case with a fine comb but that's as I understand it.

It's a funny one, that one. Probably the first case of it's kind.

The feel of the song is the one they have found has been ripped off, mostly the percussion elements.

But the percussion is the one things that apparently can't be copywrited/protected in the same way as musical notation/lyrics.

Admitidly I haven't gone through the case with a fine comb but that's as I understand it.

Yeah it was based on the style and tempo. The melody and lyrics are completely different. It was a stupid decision I think and will probably get over turned. It's always the family of dead artists who sniff the cash in these situations, I doubt Marvin Gaye would be arsed.

Massively controversial and unfair ruling, in my view. Basically they've won because Blurred Lines uses cowbells. It's clearly inspired by Got To Give It Up (one of my all-time favourite tunes; it's fucking ace) but it doesn't copy it as the melody is totally different and so's the baseline. This is just about talentless, grabbing cunts gegging in on a lawyer-fest to make a few quid off a famous relative's coat-tails. How the fuck inspiration can be called copyright infringement is beyond me. Anyone who loves music should be disgusted by this. It's shite.

What next? George Harrison's family to sue Weller for ripping off Taxman on Start? Weller openly admits what he did and that he did it out of sheer love for The Beatles. Oh wait - Harrison's extended family don't need the cash.

I've developed a pathological hatred of that Flo-Rida cunt.

I'm sorry but going about in a basketball strip when you're not playing basketball is not fucking acceptable.

Fuck off.

(Serves me right for watching the music channel with the sound off).

Massively controversial and unfair ruling, in my view. Basically they've won because Blurred Lines uses cowbells. It's clearly inspired by Got To Give It Up (one of my all-time favourite tunes; it's fucking ace) but it doesn't copy it as the melody is totally different and so's the baseline. This is just about talentless, grabbing cunts gegging in on a lawyer-fest to make a few quid off a famous relative's coat-tails. How the fuck inspiration can be called copyright infringement is beyond me. Anyone who loves music should be disgusted by this. It's shite.

What next? George Harrison's family to sue Weller for ripping off Taxman on Start? Weller openly admits what he did and that he did it out of sheer love for The Beatles. Oh wait - Harrison's extended family don't need the cash.

Fucking hell.. That'd be the end of Techno and House music.

Lars Ulrich is an incredibly average drummer as well.

He can't even play the drums properly on Metallica songs these days. The only time in the last ten years or so Metallica have had even remotely decent sounding drums has been when Dave Lombardo played. 

• Upvote 1