You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

Guest Alex_K

The jury is also very much out on all of the players brought in: not one of our purchases has consistently played high-level European football or for a top domestic side. Taking out one of the few quality players we did have (see performances against United in Europe; Dortmund) seems reckless given the new glut of quality into the league. Must be some 'attitude problem'.

Why are we talking about selling him? Because he was sent home?

I think Klopp is teaching him a lesson, and trying to get it into his head that he can't come back from a drugs ban and act like a dickhead and be late and unprofessional when he's a player that the youngsters should be looking upto.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Klopp is an idiot.

Klopp is a passionate bloke, and he can see as well as we can how passionate Sakho is on the field. Those epic scenes with him and Lovren at the end of games, it's obvious that Sakho is someone who is a fully committeed player and leader on the field.

I think Klopp feels disappointed with him though, because he should be club captain with his age and experience, and he's making it impossible for Klopp to give him the captaincy. I think this is why he was sent home, to take a week off and decide if he wants to be a professional or he wants to fuck about and not fulfil his potential.

With the drugs thing still fresh, and the sending home story reported widely, I doubt very much we'd have suitable bids for him. If we were serious about selling him, and getting a good price for him, we'd have kept him on the US Tour and made out he wasn't damaged goods.

Yes.

Until someone like Matip proves otherwise, I view him as the only CB who can pick a decent pass, so if for nothing else I'd keep him for that. He finds Coutino on the left well, bypassing our plodding midfield.

When he's not in the side one of the midfielders has to keep dropping deep to take the ball off a CB's toe, which has a knock on effect, and none of our players have the mindset to orchestrate play in that manner. Either that, or the CB just passes it straight to the fullback on their side in the most telegraphed way.

If, however, Matip can pick a pass and Lovren continues his upswing in form then considering his injury record I wouldn't be as despondent about Sakho leaving as when he looked on the way out under Rodgers and we were linked with Ashley Williams.

I rate him though, and going by the mantra of not selling your better players tends to help sides win things. Oh, and he can kick a ball with his left foot, so he could play LB.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Pace yourself, you're blowing your wad too early.

He's the kid at the disco who drank too much coke and is sliding around on his knees with a tie wrapped around his head.

I genuinely hope we are not thinking of selling arguably our best centre back. Just get our money back and get rid! Yes that sounds a plan with Koulibaly priced at 43m and that blurt at Man City who plays like his laces are tied together costing 35m. Hopefully Klopp has more sense.

• Upvote 1

If the reason he is being sold is because of his attributes as a player, it's hasty, as he has some good things to bring to the squad, at least as one of four centre backs. At his best last season he was well worth a spot in the side. Obviously with the addition of Matip and Klavan things may change, but as a player, Sakho is good enough to be one of the four.

If the reason he is sold is for off pitch reasons - drug thing rankles, perhaps a bit of immaturity and/or not taking it serious enough, then sell.

Either way it's Klopp's call, and I back him 100%.

• Upvote 1

If the reason he is being sold is because of his attributes as a player, it's hasty, as he has some good things to bring to the squad, at least as one of four centre backs. At his best last season he was well worth a spot in the side. Obviously with the addition of Matip and Klavan things may change, but as a player, Sakho is good enough to be one of the four.

If the reason he is sold is for off pitch reasons - drug thing rankles, perhaps a bit of immaturity and/or not taking it serious enough, then sell.

Either way it's Klopp's call, and I back him 100%.

I think it's a combination of both i.e. his quality as a footballier is not good enough to persist with his antics unlike with say Luis Suarez and his volatile temper for example.

Yes.

Until someone like Matip proves otherwise, I view him as the only CB who can pick a decent pass, so if for nothing else I'd keep him for that. He finds Coutino on the left well, bypassing our plodding midfield.

When he's not in the side one of the midfielders has to keep dropping deep to take the ball off a CB's toe, which has a knock on effect, and none of our players have the mindset to orchestrate play in that manner. Either that, or the CB just passes it straight to the fullback on their side in the most telegraphed way.

If, however, Matip can pick a pass and Lovren continues his upswing in form then considering his injury record I wouldn't be as despondent about Sakho leaving as when he looked on the way out under Rodgers and we were linked with Ashley Williams.

I rate him though, and going by the mantra of not selling your better players tends to help sides win things. Oh, and he can kick a ball with his left foot, so he could play LB.

Agree, especially about finding Coutinho, so much of our good attacking play came that way last season.

I would rather he wasn't sold, let's hope this is a final warning to get his act together. We have good options (I think Klavan's ability/calm with the ball will surprise a few people) though, and I can't help thinking that this is more a result of the pill-popping than his antics. Guessing the own er aren't best pleased with having another player dragging the name of the club through the mud.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think it's a combination of both i.e. his quality as a footballier is not good enough to persist with his antics unlike with say Luis Suarez and his volatile temper for example.

What antics are you referring to?