You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ashes Down Under 2013/14

RobbieOR

Bell doesn't strike me as a guy with any leadership qualities & for the talent he possesses, he was probably the biggest disappointment for me in the recent series.

The scary thing is that I can't think of hardly a single qualified player with a decent claim to the captaincy.

I don't like Broad, but he is definitely worth his place & doesn't look a complete milksop like Cook, so I would probably go for him & get a new coach in.

Change coach, get Moody and let him decide on the captaincy at the end of the season.

We've a 2 test series against Sri Lanka we should still win at a canter and a money grabbing 5 test series against India when we could only fit in 3 against the Saffas.

Fuck the money men.

I'd happily write off this summer (results wise) to give Moody the opportunity to just evaluate who has a set and who can fuck off.

Finn sent home, apparently his bowling has completely gone to pot after trying to change his action to avoid the stumps after he kept hitting them with his knee during his run up. So that's Trott gone home ill, Swann retired mid-test series, Pietersen and Flower at logger heads and now what was our finest young bowling prospect sent home, this seems to be getting as bad as the Aussies were under Mickey Arthur's towards the end of his spell in charge. The team are also getting hammered like the Aussies were too.

Finn sent home, apparently his bowling has completely gone to pot after trying to change his action to avoid the stumps after he kept hitting them with his knee during his run up. So that's Trott gone home ill, Swann retired mid-test series, Pietersen and Flower at logger heads and now what was our finest young bowling prospect sent home, this seems to be getting as bad as the Aussies were under Mickey Arthur's towards the end of his spell in charge. The team are also getting hammered like the Aussies were too.

I'm not sure you can say his bowling has gone to shut when he was already hitting the stumps all the time, it would seem he's just moved to a different type shit!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Buttler to 3 for next game, surely?? Root to 6 and he can then slide up and down depending on the game situation. Or perhaps stick Carberry back in to open and Bell at 3 would be ideal. England should be making the most of this series, as they are identical conditions to ones they will find in 12 months time for the biggest tournament in cricket.

Buttler to 3 for next game, surely?? Root to 6 and he can then slide up and down depending on the game situation. Or perhaps stick Carberry back in to open and Bell at 3 would be ideal. England should be making the most of this series, as they are identical conditions to ones they will find in 12 months time for the biggest tournament in cricket.

Problem is Root and to a lesser extent Cook are both shot, so it doesn't really matter where they go.

A year ago Root was scoring freely wherever he played and looked really classy.  This tour has broken him (along with a few others).

I think England won't put Buttler or Morgan higher up as they are the insurance policy for when the top order get 100-4 off 30 overs.  They need someone fast scoring to come in and make up the slack to a moderately competitive total.

If you stick Buttler or Morgan or both higher, then Root is not going to come in at 6 and go at 8 an over.

Also can't believe there is no spinner in.