You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you go on sky and talk up a lfc player ban if it was to the detriment of our team? He was wrong to do what he did but I don't want him banned. I'm only interested in lfc and a lengthy Suarez ban is not in lfc interests. So an ex liverpool captain talking up a ban is inexcusable in my book. Bet you kenny Dalglish wouldn't do it.

You're an idiot, and you persist in proving it. He's going to get banned, and he deserves to. Sometimes the best interests of LFC are served by taking a stand on knobhead behaviour even if... ah, fuck it, I can't be arsed

People talking about 10 match bans would do well to remember that Ben Thatcher only got 8 matches for very nearly taking Mendes head clean off deliberately.

The offence is the same (Violent Conduct), the nature of the attack and the consequences very different. He deserves a ban for this, but 10 matches is fucking ridiculous.

Yeah i agree with the OP i was thinking 'shut up' listening to this on Citytalk today, fuckin button it soft ass we have enough twats like the Daily Mail to throw the boot without ex players joining in

I thought the club handled it well, especially Rodgers after the game, bit of respect to him there he was having none of it and I am still on the fence with him

By making it violent conduct rather than bringing the game into disrepute or something, the FA have made it contextually difficult for themselves to hand out a mega-ban without exposing their hypocrisy, although I'm sure they will still contrive to.

True Zig but they can rest assured that not one of their media buddies will pull them up on it though. The wankers

You're an idiot, and you persist in proving it. He's going to get banned, and he deserves to. Sometimes the best interests of LFC are served by taking a stand on knobhead behaviour even if... ah, fuck it, I can't be arsed

Dave ushers match report summed everything I was thinking about all this with ex players and even our own alleged fans. But that's why he's a writer and I'm not. You might not be an idiot but your a giant thundercunt.

Aldo has come out and called Souness a hypocrite for linking the bite to Hillsborough after his history with the Sun.

Aldo knows. As does Digger. These are the only people I listen to.

As for Thompson, Red or not, he can fuck off. To suggest a 10 game ban in the context of others bans handed out is a fucking joke. He should know a lot better and has been hanging round those twats on Soccer Saturday for far too long.

Phil Thomson should shut up as no-one is listening and no-one cares what he has to say.

Phil Thompson can say just about what he likes as he is not only a LFC legend, but also a genuine LFC fan.

The word 'legend' doesn't just mean someone who played alright during the first years of you watching the club, 'legend' in this case means a captain, leader and die-hard red for over a decade.

In this case I disagree with him. But if Thommo speaks, I listen. If, for example, Jason McAteer or Jamie Rednapp, speaks, I don't.

Guest ShoePiss
Phil Thomson should shut up as no-one is listening and no-one cares what he has to say.

Phil Thompson can say just about what he likes as he is not only a LFC legend, but also a genuine LFC fan.

The word 'legend' doesn't just mean someone who played alright during the first years of you watching the club, 'legend' in this case means a captain, leader and die-hard red for over a decade.

In this case I disagree with him. But if Thommo speaks, I listen. If, for example, Jason McAteer or Jamie Rednapp, speaks, I don't.

The problem I have with him saying what he said is because I think they are and they do.

Edit: ohhhh haha

I'm very disappointed in Thommo this week. I still respect him but was expecting a far more measured and reasoned response over the matter instead of just following the Sky line on it. I never thought I'd see the day when Gary Neville would become the voice of reason over this compared to the disgusting ramblings of Redknapp and Souness. Shameful.

I was curious to know what Thommo said after Diouf spat at the Celtic fan. I googled but couldn't find anything relating to that.

I did find an article in the Post from a few days before that game, and the final couple of sentences made me laugh...

"El Hadji is a lovely lad and can play an important part in the rest of the season" said Thompson.

* Channel Five have won the rights to broadcast the first leg of Liverpool's UEFA Cup quarter-final against Celtic at Parkhead next Thursday.

Read more: Liverpool Daily Post El Hadji astonishes Phil - Liverpool FC News - Liverpool FC - Sport - Liverpool Daily Post http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2003/03/07/el-hadji-astonishes-phil-92534-12710123/#ixzz2RUX4rxzU

You could say that they refuse to bite the hand that feeds them.

Yeah well that's alright, take there free tickets and hospitality for anfield away from them, European cup winning captains or not, if there gona stick the boot in. They can fuck right off.

I guess it might come down to how old I am - but Thommo can do no wrong for me. It's like when I used to read Hansen's column in The Telegraph - I used to disagree with quite a lot he said, but, for me at least, he has absolutely earned the right to have his say, whether I agree with it or not.

I mean, if Phil Thompson isn't allowed to have an opinion that differs from yours, I mean, really? And I know some of you think that he is just toeing the Sky agenda, but I really don't see it like that. I think, for him, it crosses a line and besmirches the name of the club that he loves.

I haven't read everything said about Saurez this week because, to be honest, I'm tired of it all - and tired of the state of the whole club, but Thompson's generation would probably find Suarez's behaviour even more anathema than most. In fact, I wonder what Sir Bob or Shanks would say about the whole sorry affair?

Because they were all saints back then who never, ever stepped out of line.

I didn't say they were Dave, but as I said on the other thread spitting and biting are especially frowned upon in this country and no doubt were even more so years ago, it's probably how the likes of Ian St John views all foreigners. If someone got a phonecall from a headteacher, would they be more freaked out to hear their kid had been hitting people or biting them? There's something about biting which earmarks you as a special breed of loon.

I think people are on high alert over this because Suarez has been hounded in the past. The 'racism' and diving shit was bollocks, the 10 game ban is a joke, but that shouldn't detract from the fact that what he's done is a an absolute disgrace.