You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

Rodgers didn't hold back in the press conference. Sounded like he was ready to fuck Suarez off.

Must have been 2 press conferences then,as the one i saw he said he would not comment until he had reviewed the tape. Apart from rightly stating that the Torres elbow should have been red carded and there will be no media fuss about it. He certainly didn't sound like he was ready to fuck off anyone apart from the dickhead from the media.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most players don't do what Suarez does.

I'd sell him because I think we could become a better team as a whole without him. If we got £50 million, as well as our £20 million budget and what we can get for Skrtel and Carroll, that could transform our team.

Suarez getting bans each season, doing antics like he did today does more harm than good IMO.

I'm happy if others disagree as you never want to sell your best players, but sometimes teams improve when they do just that!

Tell me which club improves after selling their only world class player ? love him or hate him, you build a team around suarez

Must have been 2 press conferences then,as the one i saw he said he would not comment until he had reviewed the tape. Apart from rightly stating that the Torres elbow should have been red carded and there will be no media fuss about it. He certainly didn't sound like he was ready to fuck off anyone apart from the dickhead from the media.

spot on ,mate..

right so let me get this straight, because he has been falsely accused of racism in the past that now means this is the final straw?

He acted the dick today, everyone knows that but lets not forget theres been an agenda against him for ages and he hasn't actually done most of the shit he gets accused of

I still admire him as a footballer, but not as a person.

I'd rather he was dragging some other club through the mud and I'd take £50 million for him.

I agree with statement one but not with statement two.

I don't support Liverpool players because they're good people, I support them because they're good footballers. I hope that they'll be good people as well, but that's definitely not my expectation. I can't imagine many people who earn millions of pounds before their 22nd birthday are going to turn out to be quality, selfless individuals, so I don't really expect much.

So when I say I agree with you that I admire him as a footballer, but not a person, that's not really anything changed, for me. Would I rather he were like Sami Hyypia? Yes. But will his actions prevent me from cheering when he nutmegs Phil Jones next season and scores? No. Just as Cantona's rampage never stopped a United fan from doing the same, or Terry's racist outburst never stopped a Chelsea fan from celebrating a block on the line, or ... you know what? This list could be virtually endless, and would include several players from every club on earth.

I think selling him would be madness. 50 million? One, we'd never get that now. If we put him on the market there would be a lot of garbage about how much his value is depreciated by his actions, and we'd be lucky to get 40 million. Nowhere near his true value (he's about equally good as Bale, who is being mentioned in the 65-100 million range). Second, even if we did get 50 million for him, would you bank on the current management finding another player at his level with that money? Seeing as Gerrard thinks he's the third-best player in the world, and I'd agree that he's in the conversation at least, there are only about 10 players in the world at his level, and none of them would come here (and most would cost at least what we would get for Suarez).

So selling him makes no sense, except as an act of hara-kiri, a complete surrender to Ferguson and the English media who hate Suarez so much. We shouldn't even countenance it, now more than ever.

Most players don't do what Suarez does.

I'd sell him because I think we could become a better team as a whole without him. If we got £50 million, as well as our £20 million budget and what we can get for Skrtel and Carroll, that could transform our team.

Suarez getting bans each season, doing antics like he did today does more harm than good IMO.

I'm happy if others disagree as you never want to sell your best players, but sometimes teams improve when they do just that!

I don't come on here that often but I notice you suggest we should sell a lot of our players. I reckon if Rafa would of bite one of the players this forum and Sky would of spontaneous cumbust!

Guest davelfc

Liverpool Football Club has the following response to the incident that occurred during today's game at Anfield:

Luis Suarez said: "I am deeply sorry for my inexcusable behaviour earlier today during our match against Chelsea.

"I have issued an apology and have tried to contact Branislav Ivanović to speak to him personally. I apologise also to my manager, playing colleagues and everyone at Liverpool Football Club for letting them down."

The club's managing directory Ian Ayre commented: "Luis has made an unreserved apology for his actions today.

"His behaviour is not befitting of any player wearing a Liverpool shirt and Luis is aware that he has let himself and everyone associated with the club down. We will deal with the matter internally and await any action from the FA."

Brendan Rodgers added: "Having reviewed the video footage and spoken to Luis, his behaviour is unacceptable and I have made him aware of this."

Luis Suarez: I'm sorry - Liverpool FC

Liverpool Football Club has the following response to the incident that occurred during today's game at Anfield:

Luis Suarez said: "I am deeply sorry for my inexcusable behaviour earlier today during our match against Chelsea.

"I have issued an apology and have tried to contact Branislav Ivanović to speak to him personally. I apologise also to my manager, playing colleagues and everyone at Liverpool Football Club for letting them down."

The club's managing directory Ian Ayre commented: "Luis has made an unreserved apology for his actions today.

"His behaviour is not befitting of any player wearing a Liverpool shirt and Luis is aware that he has let himself and everyone associated with the club down. We will deal with the matter internally and await any action from the FA."

Brendan Rodgers added: "Having reviewed the video footage and spoken to Luis, his behaviour is unacceptable and I have made him aware of this."

Luis Suarez: I'm sorry - Liverpool FC

What I would have expected,and correct.The repercussions are anyone's guess.

Only gotten to page five of this thread but I have to laugh at some of the posters that seemed to be worried about our image, either from the press or the FA. We aren't well liked we all know this. So why sell one of our best players?

Because..some of our fans are in fear of being bullied at work tomorrow.

Guest ShoePiss

There are hundreds of posts in this thread talking about people saying he should be sold.

Where are the posts by people saying he should be sold?

Weird.

Only gotten to page five of this thread but I have to laugh at some of the posters that seemed to be worried about our image, either from the press or the FA. We aren't well liked we all know this. So why sell one of our best players?

exactly, we'd be letting the bastards win if we got rid of him

Having said that, if he still wants to stay past the summer it says a lot for his character, yes this time he was actually in the wrong but you'd think he'd done something far worse than he actually did and you could almost hear the glee in the commentators voices when they realised, he should be fined and get a couple of games ban, which is more than what Defoe got for the same sort of incident and was never mentioned again but because its Suarez he'll be compared to Jimmy Saville by the Scummy media and the dimwitted cunts who follow their every word and couple this with the general bollocks that gets thrown his way like with the Mansfield goal and when he accidently stamped on someone a few month back, the unintentional late challenge on a Wigan player etc then of course the whole racism stitch up

Luis, your fucking boss, but please don't give them any extra reason to throw shit at you when they'll try to do it even without