You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PFA Player of the Year

Red Banjo

Who will get the nod?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the nod?

• Gareth Bale
    • Robin van Persie
    • Luis Suarez
    • Michu
    • Juan Mata
    • Theo Walcott

In situations such as these though, people seem to think that if Van Persie wasn't playing up front, them goals wouldn't have been scored. Thats invalid. If he wasn't up front then another player would have been. Rooney scored 27 (34 in all competitions) last year playing in the same position. I doubt RVP will match that this year.

I'm not saying Van Persie isn't a good player or hasn't been a good signing. He is and has been. But I simply can't understand how people can say he has been decisive in where the title goes when Man Utd have (i) more or less got the same amount of points (+/-2 points difference), (ii) scored quiet a few less goals and (iii) have a worse goal difference.

Don't believe the hype. I think the stats in my posts above prove the point. He is a great striker and converts chances. But they had strikers who did just that last year. They lost the title last year because they fell apart and City were in reach. The difference this year is that City are nowhere near as close.

I can completely understand what you are saying.

But personally i think some of the goals Van Persie has scored for the vermin have been nothing short of brilliant. Van Persie is the only player in the league possibly, let alone at the mancs, who could score those goals. The technique or the deft touch required means these goals could only have been converted by him. If Rooney was in his place - they wouldn't have scored them. Simple as that. Rooney is still a good player - but last season he was created chance after chance by Nani, Young and Valencia, they had stupid amounts of assists between them last season. This year all 3 have either been injured or shite. The facts don't lie. Van Persie is also the mancs top assists provider. Again not a coincidence. Danny Cuntbeck and Little Peacunt both scored a lot of goals last season too - where is their input this season? Fucking nowhere. One man team. You may think otherwise sir, but you would be wrong.

I can completely understand what you are saying.

But personally i think some of the goals Van Persie has scored for the vermin have been nothing short of brilliant. Van Persie is the only player in the league possibly, let alone at the mancs, who could score those goals. The technique or the deft touch required means these goals could only have been converted by him. If Rooney was in his place - they wouldn't have scored them. Simple as that. Rooney is still a good player - but last season he was created chance after chance by Nani, Young and Valencia, they had stupid amounts of assists between them last season. This year all 3 have either been injured or shite. The facts don't lie. Van Persie is also the mancs top assists provider. Again not a coincidence. Danny Cuntbeck and Little Peacunt both scored a lot of goals last season too - where is their input this season? Fucking nowhere. One man team. You may think otherwise sir, but you would be wrong.

I wrote a bigger reply but thought sod it in the end. Thats a fair view to be honest and I get why you have that opinion. I agree with some points but not all.

I wrote a bigger reply but thought sod it in the end. Thats a fair view to be honest and I get why you have that opinion. I agree with some points but not all.

Furry Muff

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Hairy+Pussy+29.jpg

I didn't manage to call them cunts nearly enough. Fucking cunts. Undeserving title winning cunts.

Furry Muff

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Hairy+Pussy+29.jpg

I didn't manage to call them cunts nearly enough. Fucking cunts. Undeserving title winning cunts.

Haha, fucking hell.

I agree wholeheartedly with that. Wanker bastard motherfucking cunts.

Depressing.

Strange in that article that there's no mention of Hazard kicking a ballboy in the ribs?

Or the countless bookings Bale has gotten for diving?

Ssssssssshhhhh.

Suarez is the bad guy, every other player in the Premiership is an angel in comparison.

I hope Luis wins but reckon it'll be RVP. If the players vote, as I think they will, they'll be voting on how players played against them, not how the manc press thinks they should.

If it's a question of the difference a player made then I think Luis will suffer from our recent shite form. RVP supporters can say that without him the mancs wouldn't have won the title, and Bale's supporters can say that without him they would have no chance at the CL.

Now it looks we have no chance at even the Europa League, and without Suarez would we have really finished that much lower? In any case, finishing above Albion and Swansea is not as strong a case as winning the league or getting into the CL.

It's not often I get wound up by shit articles, as I just can't be arsed. This hos got me fucking furious, though:

PFA defends Luis Suárez's place on Player of the Year shortlist | Football | guardian.co.uk

There is no doubt Suárez has been one of the most effective players in the Premier League this year. However, his reputation has been damaged by the eight-match ban he received for racially abusing Patrice Evra at Anfield last season.

Given his blatant handball also denied Ghana an appearance in the 2010 World Cup semi-finals and the periodic allegations of diving, some would argue he hardly deserves to be acknowledged by his peers.

Who wrote this?

Why not reference Van Persie's rape charges then? Oh, no evidence?

Guest San Don

carrick on the list? Fuck off. Why's Gerrard not on it instead of that piece of shit? Oh, forgot, the mancs have to be given 2 shots at it. Corrupt twats.

I wonder if any football supporters remember why Ryan Giggs won it in 2009? I certainly can't. So this award doesn't make sense to anyone but the players, and I have no idea how they make their selections.

I remember that the general consensus at the time was that he won it because he was a bit old.

I wonder if any football supporters remember why Ryan Giggs won it in 2009? I certainly can't. So this award doesn't make sense to anyone but the players, and I have no idea how they make their selections.

he won it because the players are too thick to vote for someone who actually deserves it and go for who the media says

Xabi and Vidic were by far the standout players that year, don't think Xabi was even nominated, don't know about Vidic

I wonder if any football supporters remember why Ryan Giggs won it in 2009? I certainly can't. So this award doesn't make sense to anyone but the players' date=' and I have no idea how they make their selections.[/quote']

Because ferguson started saying around January he was amazed he'd never won it, he started 12 games that season, and people still believe ferguson doesn't run the game

I genuinely believe Suarez is the favourite for it, despite all the bollocks. I am by no means certain he'll win it, just slight favourite ahead of Bale then Van Persie. I'm basing it on consistency over the season and I think Suarez stands on his own in that regard, even amongst the neutrals.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest San Don
It would be a great end to the weekend if suarez managed to win this

There's no way they'd let him win after bitegate. They'd say there were too many spoilt voting papers. Remember sky and that vote the other year?

Guest ShoePiss
There's no way they'd let him win after bitegate. They'd say there were too many spoilt voting papers. Remember sky and that vote the other year?

I don't think they were ever going to let him win it, the bite gives them more of an excuse though.