You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What should be our priority?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our priority?

• Europa League (final)
    • Premier League (5th/6th at best)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for the 'both' option to be added. Not sure why we couldn't manage both really.

Spurs have lost 1 of their last 13 games and they have 12 games left, we have lost 4 of our last 12 and we are currently 12 points behind them with 13 games left.

I dont think its realistic to talk about 4th if I'm totally honest.

I disagree with Code on many, many things. However on the whole cup's over league position I'm with him on that.

People take the piss out of the fact Arsenal haven't won anything for a number of years now yet we seem to have loads of fans who value 4th over winning things.

4th is shit, I don't give a fuck about 4th. If we can't win the league then we should be trying to win everything else we can, League Cup, FA Cup, UEFA whatever it is.

Who sits back and goes "hey remember that year we finished 4th". Cup finals and winning things is what gives you the memories not extra income to line footballers pockets.

Yes I get the whole financial aspect of the Champions and teams who aren't champions but are needed to make up the numbers League but if we aren't in it we should be trying to win everything else.

I'd far rather win the UEFA and us be the most successful club ever in the competition than finish 4th.

Admittedly I'm stuck this weird time warp where I don't think it's acceptable to prioritise one competition over any other. I think every game should be approached with the strongest side available no matter who the opposition and that every game should be viewed with an attempt to win it.

I disagree with Code on many, many things. However on the whole cup's over league position I'm with him on that.

People take the piss out of the fact Arsenal haven't won anything for a number of years now yet we seem to have loads of fans who value 4th over winning things.

4th is shit, I don't give a fuck about 4th. If we can't win the league then we should be trying to win everything else we can, League Cup, FA Cup, UEFA whatever it is.

Who sits back and goes "hey remember that year we finished 4th". Cup finals and winning things is what gives you the memories not extra income to line footballers pockets.

Yes I get the whole financial aspect of the Champions and teams who aren't champions but are needed to make up the numbers League but if we aren't in it we should be trying to win everything else.

I'd far rather win the UEFA and us be the most successful club ever in the competition than finish 4th.

Admittedly I'm stuck this weird time warp where I don't think it's acceptable to prioritise one competition over any other. I think every game should be approached with the strongest side available no matter who the opposition and that every game should be viewed with an attempt to win it.

I'm lovin' that. Lovin' it mate.

I sometimes wonder if posters didn't enjoy us winning and beating the mancs in the league cup under Ged.

Yes, we all know it isn't the league but I fucking love the league cup. We can't win the league. We can't finish fourth. Yes we should try and do both butalong the way lets lift some more silverware.

I reckon we should play our 2nd team in the Prem next season & save our strongest team for the Cups. Because we have no chance of the League, there's better squads than us. Just fuck the League off, mid table finish, good experience for the young'uns & go all out for the Cups, everyone's a winner. Except the club, who's best players will want to leave & we won't be able to attract similar talented players to replace them. Then starts the slippery downslope into mediocrity.

Top drawer that is. Repped

Everton%2BFootball%2BTattoos.jpg

With questions like this I'd like to keep them as realistic as possible.

4th is not on but the Europa League might be even if tis going to be a very difficult task with our Janauary transfers being cuptied.

If 5th is possible, so is 4th. I will go with a cliche and say to play the best 11 available each game. See where we end up.

You are not being asked to choose both though! That is the point that people are trying to make - you are being asked to choose by a poster who is doing so for no other reason that this would allow him to criticise the current manager!

The fact is that the Champions league is a relatively new initiative and has changed the priorities, the UEFA cup was a great trophy because it was for teams who finished 2nd - 6th, that isn't the case anymore, the UEFA cup was a great competition because you made your money through your own domestic league not TV rights, that has changed and the change is massive. So whilst it is great to win the trophies and great to compete for them - for a club that is judged on its ability to challenge for the league title, as we are - you need to have the finances to attract the players that enable you to do so - you are not going to be able to do that winning the odd trophy. And let's be honest - 1 trophy in 6 years does constitute the 'odd trophy'.

Every single fan on this board wants as high a position as possible and the Europa League. Last season wasn't a good season because we won one trophy and finished 8th - and for Liverpool Football Club that wasn't good enough, but more so, it was the way that the club finished 8th - our second half of the season was abysmal.

The sad fact is that players want to play in the champions league - and players win trophies not fans - quite a few foreign leagues (and therefore players) don't see their domestic cups as that important, to attract those players you need more than the League Cup.

Code, you are one fuckin boring fuckin twatting cunting tit of San Don proprtions. And thats humongous. just Fuck off. Go & support Rosenberg or someone, anyone, but just get fucked.

Harsh on Code, that. Nobody deserves comparing to the prodigious spastic that is San Mong.

You are not being asked to choose both though! That is the point that people are trying to make - you are being asked to choose by a poster who is doing so for no other reason that this would allow him to criticise the current manager!

The funny side of it is that you are too stupid to understand its got absolutely nothing to do with the manager but everything to do with sucked in fans like yourself.

I'm wondering whether a more pertinent question is this:- How long do people want to see Gerrard playing football for Liverpool?

I've said on a previous thread that if he want's to extend his playing career, something's got to give. He can't keep playing for England and putting in league, cup and euro performances in for much longer.

I can't see us getting 4th, but unless he's willing to hang up his England boots, and give what he has left for Us, then I'd rather we didn't end up in Europe next season, and we put absolutely EVERYTHING into giving him and Carra a massive send off by winning the Premier League next season..maybe even with the F.A. Cup.

There's no money in the Europa anyway. I say, lets win the Prem with no Euro football next season, and a return to the Champions League when we win the Prem next year....for Stevie.

Guest ShoePiss
I'm wondering whether a more pertinent question is this:- How long do people want to see Gerrard playing football for Liverpool?

I've said on a previous thread that if he want's to extend his playing career, something's got to give. He can't keep playing for England and putting in league, cup and euro performances in for much longer.

I can't see us getting 4th, but unless he's willing to hang up his England boots, and give what he has left for Us, then I'd rather we didn't end up in Europe next season, and we put absolutely EVERYTHING into giving him and Carra a massive send off by winning the Premier League next season..maybe even with the F.A. Cup.

There's no money in the Europa anyway. I say, lets win the Prem with no Euro football next season, and a return to the Champions League when we win the Prem next year....for Stevie.

He's not going to retire from international football when he's England captain and the world cup is next year, after that maybe and I don't blame him.

There's more money in the UEFA cup than the league and fa cups combined by the way.

Carra is retiring to work on the telly at the end of this season

But yeah, it's sounds like a plan. Let's do the double.

Oh and you're a fucking clueless tit.