You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

World cup year. He will want to be in the squad. Brazil are not so flush of quality that they can do without Coutinho and on the other side he has to play to get into the squad because they do have other players who can come in. Not just at his level.

What use is 150m to us? We can spend the supposed war chest we have and klopp is claiming only 2 players on the planet can improve us. All getting 150m will do is help us lose a key player and fuck the season up. 150m in the fsg's coffers is no use to me.

Nail on the fucking head. Klopp is fucking boss by this stance is absolutely maddening, how can he be so short sighted. Looking at Arsenal's bench tonight have Ramsey, Walcott, Giroud and Mustafhi. Fucking negligence to leave us in this state.

I just view it as we celebrate getting 4th where as a class player thinks fuck that I want trophies and constant champs league.. as a club we should of known he'd be off soon enough and have a plan to deal with it, I thought it would be next year but then Neymar fucked off..

I think FSG have more or less modelled us a selling club that provides a platform for young up and coming players, the problem with this is we will always be in a state of flux until we get lucky (not happening IMO).

I noticed you earlier saying about people blaming FSG etc but for me it is all on them, i'm of the opinion they are clueless, for me it doesn't matter if it's Barca/PSG or another ambitious club eventually top players will want off..

Fair points and I don't disagree. I think the point is that there is a food chain and we are not anywhere near the top! Even Bayern lose players to Madrid or Barca, in that context it isn't a negative as such. But i am not sure any of us have much confidence it will be spent well, which ultimately is the flaw. But even if we did win the league, the likes of Barca would still pick off our players, i think!

But yea, can't be done with all players, as we would be in constant flux, i see your point there!

I think ultimately FSG are too blame, but, the reason we haven't spent is down to Klopp! I think they would rather a few 'young' players to develop and sell on,

not two 60m players.

At the moment i'd take a season like Monaco, even if it meant losing two of them!

Fair points and I don't disagree. I think the point is that there is a food chain and we are not anywhere near the top! Even Bayern lose players to Madrid or Barca, in that context it isn't a bad thing! C

But yea, can't be done with all players, as we would be in constant flux, i see your point there!

I think ultimately FSG are too blame, but, the reason we haven't spent is down to Klopp! I think they would rather a few 'young' players to develop and sell on,

not two 60m players.

At the moment i'd take a season like Monaco, even if it meant losing two of them!

Yep. You are fucking nuts. 

• Upvote 2

I can't imagine Klopp is overjoyed. He's got the team back into CL (near as damn it) - and I would expect he'd like to try and take the team further still. He probably doesn't want to go out and blow silly money, but a couple of top class signings would be on the mind of any manager... he's not immune to that.

But first, he'd want to keep the quality he's already got, and not have the rug pulled from under him. So far he and the club have been clear in that, and they've taken a stance. 

I would certainly imagine that IF FSG are still waiting to be in CL 'proper' then come January, Klopp will expect funds. It might not be the best transfer window, but he'll want the funds ready. 

Of course, that's pure speculation on my part, but I don't think it's unreasonable.

Lets go and blow the alleged Coutino money on James Ward Prowse and Dusan Tadic isnt that how it usually goes? .

Its not really that Coutino is going (although its a massive blow IMO) its the fact that we dont seem able to get any player transfers over the line. like i mentioned before we wont get our 2 "main" targets Keita or VVD so we will blow most of this money clubs will milk us knowing the money we have to spend.

Brilliant humour on show here, i cant believe ive been looking at this and laughing out loud!

I would sell him if we can buy a couple of others . Lemar, Mahrez, keita, deli ali, agree a sale for £120M and do what is necessary as we play the old "he aint for sale" line.

I dont want Phil here fucking up Klopps team spirit and making him look the cunt as he gives him a thumbs up etc with a sad little pout.

Look to the future.

I do blame the lack of ambition shown by the club for this. Utter wank.

• Upvote 1

Brilliant humour on show here, i cant believe ive been looking at this and laughing out loud!

I would sell him if we can buy a couple of others . Lemar, Mahrez, keita, deli ali, agree a sale for £120M and do what is necessary as we play the old "he aint for sale" line.

I dont want Phil here fucking up Klopps team spirit and making him look the cunt as he gives him a thumbs up etc with a sad little pout.

Look to the future.

I do blame the lack of ambition shown by the club for this. Utter wank.

What use is 150m to us? We can spend the supposed war chest we have and klopp is claiming only 2 players on the planet can improve us. All getting 150m will do is help us lose a key player and fuck the season up. 150m in the fsg's coffers is no use to me.

What use is £150 million to us... one word... Probity

Lemar is a winger though

We will need a playmaker to play in the midfield 3

I've seen him play centrally a few times, not as deep as Coutinho finished but he's a good passer and dribbler so he could probably play a similar role.

Keita if he's signed is Coutinho's replacement, Coutinho is going to play in a three this season because he's not as good a winger as either Mane or Salah, so I don't really see the point in people saying we should sign Dembele or Mbappe or other wide men or strikers because whoever we do sign the front three more often than not will be Mane-Firmino-Salah who drops out if we sign Dembele? I know I've literally just said sign Dembele but the more I've thought about it, it's a centre midfielder we need to replace him and that would be Keita, maybe Klopps known all along that this is happening and that's why Keita was identified as a target.

So is he a cunt officially now?

Not for me mate, think the way he has done it makes him look bad (like a twat even) but as others have posted Barca and Madrid seem to be "Mecca" to South American footballers I'm more worried by who replaces him. Barca kicked up murder last week when PSG "tapped up" Naymar isn't that what they have done here?