You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

Anyone ever been to a weigh in before? It's usually pretty surreal. I have no interest in these things usually but travelled to Germany for Haye vs Klitschko and didn't have much else to do so went along anyway and it was probably better than their fight. It was in some random sports clothing shop in the middle of Hamburg so loads of people squeezed in around racks of clothes with some chants coming out as Boxers walked up some stairs. Michael Buffer was there. Very odd and who plans it that way? Having a weigh in as some kind of event is weird in the first place, especially with fighters having to strip down to make weight.

18 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Guessing the GGG fight will start at about 5am UK time?

Also, anyone got any idea of the order of the undercard? I'd quite like to see the Lemieux fight as well.

I'd imagine Spike v Lemieux will be be chief support. Hope Spike gets drilled the weapon.

• Upvote 1

Could be the fight of the century this. Looking at both fighters records and Canelo has been in with the better fighters. He is punching concrete in GGG though. But.... Canelo wants this badly. Winner of this is straight P4P best in the world. 

I reckon it'll be fireworks from the first bell, seemed like they both took a few rounds to size each other up and gauge how hard they can punch. It started getting really interesting in the later rounds but then it was over and I was left with blue balls. 

They've got that out the way, and both fighters will be more determined to finish it than last time. 

I'm going with Golovkin, I felt like he held back slightly last time thinking he had done enough. Now he's learned the hard way that the Vegas judges aren't to be trusted. 

Referee stoppage in the 10th

Golovikin's biggest fight is against the Las Vegas bent-arsed money making machine and all the ped's, dodgy decisions and Oscar De La Hoya mexican bank holiday bullshit's associated with it. Loaded deck, the only way the rightful winner of the last fight to win this one is via KO. Unlikely to happen. File under 'reasons to hate boxing'.

9 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Guessing the GGG fight will start at about 5am UK time?

Also, anyone got any idea of the order of the undercard? I'd quite like to see the Lemieux fight as well.

They're definitely going to be in the ring at 4am. (They were scheduled to be in the ring at 4, last time and they were)

Undercard order is Gonzalez then Lemieux/Spike, then Munguia.

7 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

They're definitely going to be in the ring at 4am. (They were scheduled to be in the ring at 4, last time and they were)

Undercard order is Gonzalez then Lemieux/Spike, then Munguia.

Guess I'll try and get a few hours kip then get up at 3am my time. Does look an interesting undercard.