You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

31 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I thought their expenses was where the fun was and the peripheral stuff like board appointments.

I'm not sure that lot are getting board appointments. I think the proper Tory crowd and those in cabinet do, but no chance those red wall fellas who they can't stand are getting those gifts. 

I don't know about expenses any more. I know they used to be a piss take, but I don't know if that's as easy as it was as there seems a lot of scrutiny on it now. 

84k a year plus expenses. Expenses include property rental, office rental and staff which averages out at 158k a year apparently so total cost of an MP is circa 240k annually! 84k basic plus rent free flat or house in London plus everything else declared as an expense. I think they stopped them renting their own property back to themselves at our expense, which is nice.

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not sure that lot are getting board appointments. I think the proper Tory crowd and those in cabinet do, but no chance those red wall fellas who they can't stand are getting those gifts. 

I don't know about expenses any more. I know they used to be a piss take, but I don't know if that's as easy as it was as there seems a lot of scrutiny on it now. 

Expenses? Ha... small fry to what they are currently siphoning. Covid probably made a hundred tories and their friends millionaires a few times over. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Expenses? Ha... small fry to what they are currently siphoning. Covid probably made a hundred tories and their friends millionaires a few times over. 

Very true I read somewhere that a typical Tory MP will have an additional 4 sources of income derived from being an MP. Lots of directorships and kickbacks. All obviously have nothing to do with being an MP.

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah, for those in government. If you think they're sharing that with a bunch of northern monkeys who they know will be gone at the next election, you're kidding yourself. Johnson has even lost the will to bribe them with government money for their constituency, let alone all the cash they can syphon for themselves. 

I'd swerve this idea that it's 'all MPs' who're up to this shit, the likes of Nick Ferrari and the other cunts like to peddle that shit to sow disinterest with 'the system' so we won't vote, but it's not 'the system', by and large it's Tories save for a few notable exceptions.

Having worked for an MP I can tell you expenses were extremely tightly controlled, to the point the staff had to buy their own milk and teabags. Of all the jobs I've ever had it had the fewest 'perks'.

MP staffing budget is divided as they see fit. So they can, say have four people on 25k a year, or, like Dories and Garaham Brady, employ family members on 35k plus and fill the rest of the office positions with one and a half interns, service to the public be damned. Although I think the family shit has been phased out now.

Their flats tend to be on the smaller side but cost more due to how close they are to Parliament. A few MPs share. Long Bailey and Rayner used to.

The basic wage of an MP is pretty average compared to some other politicians, I think Australian senators for instance get far more.

To be able to make money on the side you've got to be connected, either now or in the past, so you're looking at mainly government positions.

Ask yourself why millionaires like Mogg and Sunak would get involved in politics. it's not for the money.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, for those in government. If you think they're sharing that with a bunch of northern monkeys who they know will be gone at the next election, you're kidding yourself. Johnson has even lost the will to bribe them with government money for their constituency, let alone all the cash they can syphon for themselves. 

I was thinking more Hancock and Kenricks mates 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I thought Brexit was solving this? 

Why would Brexit solve the training and the increasing of skills of people in Britain?  Good quality apprenticeships for the young and quality training programs for those who are older are the answer for that. Same in all developed countries. Not everyone sticks to the same job for the duration of their working life.

Just now, Gnasher said:

Why would Brexit solve the training and the increasing of skills of people in Britain?  Good quality apprenticeships for the young and quality training programs for those who are older are the answer for that. Same in all developed countries. Not everyone sticks to the same job for the duration of their working life.

Sorry fella I thought you said on another thread that Brexit was stopping unemployment. Silly me. 

But true, they fucked this scheme up as well. 

14 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Do these cunts get anything right? 

I think the answer to your question is a resounding 'No'. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sorry fella I thought you said on another thread that Brexit was stopping unemployment. Silly me. 

But true, they fucked this scheme up as well. 

Unemployment is indeed low, and vacancies are high, through a multitude of reasons, and thank fuck for that. You'll agree you never forget the pain of living in a country where over three million people are out of work. 

Every advanced country needs an A1 system to train its workforce, brexit or no brexit. Germany have been miles ahead of us in this field for decades. Our Government are once again fucking things up, the blame is firmly on their shoulders, they made it, they own it, let's not let their failings be excused because we chose to veiw every disaster through the prism of Brexit.

4 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

If by right ,you mean a way to give tax payers money to their favourite private firms/doners/friends repeatedly then the resounding answer is yes.

Yeah it's funneling cash to their mates. A 7% success rate is good for these cunts. The corruption in this country is now off the scale.

Want him gone, bit wary of who replaces him.  The tories are fucking evil cunts, the country is already deep in the shit but I'm sure these cunts could make things worse. 

I think they have gone too early. He will probably win tonight which makes him immune for a year unless they change the rules. That makes pm within a year of the next general election so they won’t want to change leader then. The rebels should have waited for the 2 by elections, they would have had more support. He’s playing them for fools. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I think they have gone too early. He will probably win tonight which makes him immune for a year unless they change the rules. That makes pm within a year of the next general election so they won’t want to change leader then. The rebels should have waited for the 2 by elections, they would have had more support. He’s playing them for fools. 

Is spot on

I just don't see the downside to him staying, especially if the vote is tight and they get twatted in the by-elections. He's just a lame duck in that situation and there's nothing they can do unless he resigns. And if labour are smart, if he wins they'll be painting it as the Tories supporting his behaviour and don't care about the electorate. 

If he loses, they might actually appoint someone competent or at least competent enough that they don't get found out before the next election. 

• Upvote 2