You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Celtic the big game raising cunts 2-0 down to some nobodies from Kazakhstan. Cost me £98 too.

it surprises me just how many people don't realise how bad Scottish football is, of course they should be beating that lot but it astounded me with the calls to spend big on the likes of Wanyama based on performances against pub teams and the odd champions league game

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew says Arsenal's bid for midfielder Yohan Cabaye had a "huge bearing" on his side's 4-0 defeat at Manchester City.

The Gunners made a £10m bid for Cabaye on Sunday and Pardew pulled the France international, 27, out of Monday's Premier League opener.

"You prepare for three days with a player of that talent and that was taken away from us," said Pardew.

"It had a huge bearing on the result as well."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You, are a pathetic loser Alan. Painful reading that, people like you are ruining the game, just grifters in nice suits.

Makes no sense either because the daft twat should've just played him. As if Cabaye alone would've stopped that from happening anyway.

Makes no sense either because the daft twat should've just played him. As if Cabaye alone would've stopped that from happening anyway.

I cannot believe a professional footballer doesn't go into 'football' mode the moment the game kicks off.

All this 'head not in the right place' crap is shocking. It's a transfer bid, not the death of a loved one. If anything, it might have made him play better - if only from a boosted ego, or will to impress potential suitors.

Pardew should probably have left in the summer and used Kinnear as a convenient excuse. Nobody would have blamed him, and it would have helped to mask his failings too. Seems like he's just waiting for the big payoff though.

I cannot believe a professional footballer doesn't go into 'football' mode the moment the game kicks off.

All this 'head not in the right place' crap is shocking. It's a transfer bid, not the death of a loved one. If anything, it might have made him play better - if only from a boosted ego, or will to impress potential suitors.

Agreed, it's a stupid excuse from Pardew and most people can probably see it instantly.

Antoine Griezmann just scored a fucking awesome overhead kick for Sociedad in their match against Lyon too. Amazing goal.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but last night, as the cameras were zeroed in on Pellegrini, he kept looking over at the tunnel and the opposition bench - seemed pretty clear he was looking for Pardew. They cut away from him a bit and then returned to him walking over to Pardew, who was looking out over the pitch. Pardew had come out and didn't even greet Pellegrini, who had the class to go over and greet him.

Seemed clear that Pardew was trying to show him up on his first game in the league. Classless cunt.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but last night, as the cameras were zeroed in on Pellegrini, he kept looking over at the tunnel and the opposition bench - seemed pretty clear he was looking for Pardew. They cut away from him a bit and then returned to him walking over to Pardew, who was looking out over the pitch. Pardew had come out and didn't even greet Pellegrini, who had the class to go over and greet him.

Seemed clear that Pardew was trying to show him up on his first game in the league. Classless cunt.

Not sure about that. On the City site, they have a tunnel cam video that shows both teams arriving and the banter between Newcastle and City players etc. Pardew seems fairly friendly with Pelligrini as they go into the ref's room.

Everything looked fine before kick off.... but maybe something happened during the game? Didn't see anything at the game mind you. Will have a look when I watch the match on telly!

Seferovic just scored a goal for Sociedad that wasn't far off in quality from their first to put them 2-0 up against Lyon. Long range half-volley that swerved into the top corner area. Glad I picked this one to watch, rare to see either of those types of goal alone, never mind in the same match.

Will have a look when I watch the match on telly!

I'd like to know what you think. I had the distinct feeling that pardew was trying to show Pellegrini up in his first match as manager. Exactly the sort of twat thing that he's capable of but...