You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The '2012 London Olympics' Thread

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That's not a premonition. That's a certainty. Its raining now

My auntie used to live in Balloch and then Helensburgh when my uncle was in the navy. Both lovely places but in the summer plagued by the twin Scottish menace of alternate midgie overload and pissing rain. Balloch in particular was lovely.

Re the opening ceremony they are or at least had been planning to be doing something involving Transit vans as we got asked if we could take the old Ford Motorsport one I have down for it.

Re the opening ceremony they are or at least had been planning to be doing something involving Transit vans as we got asked if we could take the old Ford Motorsport one I have down for it.

For shifting the unwanted cows?

I'm heading to london a week today to watch the boxing. Cant wait.

You may see one of these lads on the days you go

Luke Campbell GB (GOLD) 57KG

vasyl lomechenko Ukrane (GOLD) 60KG

Tom Stalker GB (GOLD) 64KG

Errol Spence USA (gold) 67kg

Anthony Agogo GB (GOLD 75kg)

Julio CesarLa Cruz Cuba (9(GOLD) 91KG

Magomedrasul Majidov Azerbaijan (GOLD) 91+

My predictions for Golds 2012.

I see that Beckham will be part of the opening ceremony now. After being omitted from the Team GB f******l squad, he probably went grovelling to anyone who'd listen to "please please please let me be part of the 'lympics!" with his usual proud-to-be-British rhetoric. For somebody who describes himself as shy, he actively looks to hog the limelight whenever given half a chance, and is pissing all over his current club by swanning around the world whenever he feels like it.

Not long to go before the biggest Catastrophe in British sport.

With Olympic 'fever' already in full flow with the womans football being played to massive crowds of hundreds of people spread out over 70,000 seater stadiums.

It'll be ace.

It would appear that the kick-off for the North Korea v Colombia women's football at Hampden Park has been delayed.

It was supposed to start at 7.45pm, but when the North Korean's saw the programme for the game, they noticed that the wrong flag had been printed next to their names.

And which flag had mistakenly been printed?

That's right, South Korea's...

Oooops!

My mistake - it wasn't in the programme.

When they were announcing the team line-ups in the stadium, they flashed the South Korean flag up on the big screen next to the North Korean women's names.

So, not much better then.

Koffi annan will be there before half time.

The Korean fuckup is fucking hilarious. Olympic lanes too - fuck off.

They wonder why people aren't enthused about it when it basically involves you getting swept out of its way so they can placate the sponsors. It was ever thus though with big sporting events I suppose, ask the people in South Africa what they ever saw out of the last world cup, other than having their houses flattened.

International sport has become the ultimate symbol of power and privilege triumphing over the masses, the very opposite of what such events are supposed to be.