You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, we're back in Europe, we've won the Carling Cup with another Wembley appearance just around the corner and a great chance of a cup double. Kenny is working miracles with shit and still the 'fans' complain and point the finger. Now Pepe is in the firing line.

sheesh.

I never saw Clemence so I have seen Grobbelaar, Hooper, James, Westerveld, Dudek, Kirkland and Carson play in goal for us and I think Reina the best of them all..... However recently he seems to give no confidence. A great keeper just radiates confidence and calm assurance and Reina had it in spades but now he doesn't.

He saves some good shots still, sure but many other ones fly past him. I don't think he can be exempt from criticism. He hasn't been on his game in a while. On corners now we are hopeless and don't worry about blaming defenders, the guy in charge of them is the keeper. He reminds me of James at his clownish best these days. You swing a cross in and he is nowhere.

He didn't cover himself in glory on QPR's last goal in my opinion. He was hung out to dry by the defence but still, he didn't do anything then. He didn't spread himself ala Schmeichel or anything. I have never seen a keeper better than Schmeichel at one on ones. He was immense. I'm sorry to say that Pepe right now is not doing his best.

Not long ago I was scared that Reina would leave us but at this moment in time I wouldn't be too arsed if he did go. I think his stock is slowly diminishing too. I don't think if he did go that he would have the biggest clubs in football after him like he would have 3 years ago either. To me he is just not the keeper he was.

Pepe WAS a great goalkeeper, but when was the last time you can truly say he won us a game? He never saves a penalty anymore, he's awful at crosses & the amount of times a goal goes past him & he doesn't even dive for it, is growing. Compare him to the goalkeeper's who have come to Anfield this season & played brilliantly to his performance's & its a load of bollocks. PS I couldn't give a fuck about a goal-kick that found our player from 60 yards.

Pepe WAS a great goalkeeper, but when was the last time you can truly say he won us a game? He never saves a penalty anymore, he's awful at crosses & the amount of times a goal goes past him & he doesn't even dive for it, is growing. Compare him to the goalkeeper's who have come to Anfield this season & played brilliantly to his performance's & its a load of bollocks. PS I couldn't give a fuck about a goal-kick that found our player from 60 yards.

COCK!

Was Gary Glitter your father?

I come on here to post about football, not engage in childish banter with wankers. Tattybye's.

You came on here to join in with the slagging of our players. How do you expect people to respond to your post about reina? A verbal pat on the back for some hilarious banter? Its not constructive or insightful in any way and makes you sound like a 15 year old sky fan i want i want wanker. Its even more galling as it comes after a game we have lost for which he was not responsible where people are having a go at him because he didn't dive for a shot he has absolutely no chance of getting.

You came on here to join in with the slagging of our players. How do you expect people to respond to your post about reina? A verbal pat on the back for some hilarious banter? Its not constructive or insightful in any way and makes you sound like a 15 year old sky fan i want i want wanker. Its even more galling as it comes after a game we have lost for which he was not responsible where people are having a go at him because he didn't dive for a shot he has absolutely no chance of getting.

You're a bit of a bad bull head you, arn't ya.

I came on here? I've been ON HERE for yonks lad. I don't post a lot, but in my humble opinion Pepe Reina is not the goalie he was & hasn't been for a couple of years. If that gets on your tits, so what! If you can argue that he has saved us a few points in games, saved a penalty recently or even come close to man of the match(as Ray Clemence did on the the odd occasion when I was a lad) then I'll doff my cap. If you can't, fuck off.

I came on here? I've been ON HERE for yonks lad. I don't post a lot, but in my humble opinion Pepe Reina is not the goalie he was & hasn't been for a couple of years. If that gets on your tits, so what! If you can argue that he has saved us a few points in games, saved a penalty recently or even come close to man of the match(as Ray Clemence did on the the odd occasion when I was a lad) then I'll doff my cap. If you can't, fuck off.

What gets on my tits is that the level of abuse aimed at our own players and the manager in this place is becoming embarrassing. If i've singled you out unfairly then i apologise for that but reina has put in enough good performances for this club to be treated with a bit of respect in my opinion. Hes kept 11 clean sheets this season.

Let me guess, sat on the sofa, had a few cans, (its never a good idea to drink alone by the way) you're feeling a bit aggressive, (surprise, surprise) and your now trying to start an argument.

Is there anyone that you havn't tried acting the big dick with recently. As far as I'm aware, most threads that I've look at recently have had you getting your arse handed to you.

Is there anyone that you havn't tried acting the big dick with recently. As far as I'm aware, most threads that I've look at recently have had you getting your arse handed to you.

Are you aware that you constantly start arguments with people in the early hours of the morning for no apparent reason?

What gets on my tits is that the level of abuse aimed at our own players and the manager in this place is becoming embarrassing. If i've singled you out unfairly then i apologise for that but reina has put in enough good performances for this club to be treated with a bit of respect in my opinion. Hes kept 11 clean sheets this season.

You didn't answer my question on what Pepe has done THIS season? If you are happy with his performance's OK, I'm not. The levels he had 5 years ago are miles away. If he doesn't sort it out, fuck him off.

Are you aware that you constantly start arguments with people in the early hours of the morning for no apparent reason?

I responded to you calling someone a cock just because you disagreed with what they said. Not to mention the other shit you normally spout about the standard of the forum as well as the issue you have with members.

You didn't answer my question on what Pepe has done THIS season? If you are happy with his performance's OK, I'm not. The levels he had 5 years ago are miles away. If he doesn't sort it out, fuck him off.

Hes kept 11 clean sheets this season, only the 2 mancs have conceded less goals. Yes hes made a couple of errors, but hes still a quality keeper and considering 'fucking him off' is exactly the kind of shit i'm talking about that pisses me off. The grass isnt always greener as we discovered with mr 36 years of managerial experience.

All I am saying is that I don't think that Pepe Reina is the goalkeeper he was of yesteryear. A couple of years ago fans were begging him to stay & I agreed with that, now I don't. His standards have dropped significantly from being the 2nd best goalie in the world(behind Casillas) to not even being the second best goalie in England. Goodnight.

I responded to you calling someone a cock just because you disagreed with what they said. Not to mention the other shit you normally spout about the standard of the forum as well as the issue you have with members.

I think its pretty obvious that there has been a massive influx of mongs recently, the amount of 'kenny out' threads we have is testimony to that. What on earth makes you think I have an issue with members? If I think someone is disrespecting kenny then I have the right to give them a piece of my mind whether they're signed up or not. I think it is you that has an issue with members/ non-members.

All I am saying is that I don't think that Pepe Reina is the goalkeeper he was of yesteryear. A couple of years ago fans were begging him to stay & I agreed with that, now I don't. His standards have dropped significantly from being the 2nd best goalie in the world(behind Casillas) to not even being the second best goalie in England. Goodnight.

Sleep tight.

I think its pretty obvious that there has been a massive influx of mongs recently, the amount of 'kenny out' threads we have is testimony to that. What on earth makes you think I have an issue with members? If I think someone is disrespecting kenny then I have the right to give them a piece of my mind whether they're signed up or not. I think it is you that has an issue with members/ non-members.

I wasn't the one that started a thread moaning about the standard of posts. That was you.

I've told you, if you give a shit that much then put your hand in your pocket.

I wasn't the one that started a thread moaning about the standard of posts. That was you.

I've told you, if you give a shit that much then put your hand in your pocket.

Yes. I know. You're know moaning about it. How will me putting my hand in my pocket improve the forum exactly? Will it stop people starting threads calling for the managers head? I'm sorry but I spend enough money on LFC as it is what with the ridiculous price of going to the match/membership etc. I can't justify £24 to this site as well. If you think that means i should shut up or fuck off well, thats just too bad i'm afraid. Thems not the rules.

Hes kept 11 clean sheets this season, only the 2 mancs have conceded less goals. Yes hes made a couple of errors, but hes still a quality keeper and considering 'fucking him off' is exactly the kind of shit i'm talking about that pisses me off.

One of the reasons he's kept 11 clean sheets is because of the excellent work in front of him, particularly from Skrtel/Agger. Generally, he's had nowhere near as much to do as his opposite numbers in our games, and perhaps not being busy enough is his main problem.

That said, the less a keeper has to do, the more important it is for him to do it when the moment arrives.

IMO, when he has been called upon, his lack of quality saves and soft goals (I speak for example of Van Persie's winner) have not been up to the standard of a keeper of his standing.

Strangely and ironically enough, he might have fared a lot better if he'd been keeping against us this season!

One of the reasons he's kept 11 clean sheets is because of the excellent work in front of him, particularly from Skrtel/Agger. Generally, he's had nowhere near as much to do as his opposite numbers in our games, and perhaps not being busy enough is his main problem.

That said, the less a keeper has to do, the more important it is for him to do it when the moment arrives.

IMO, when he has been called upon, his lack of quality saves and soft goals (I speak for example of Van Persie's winner) have not been up to the standard of a keeper of his standing.

Strangely and ironically enough, he might have fared a lot better if he'd been keeping against us this season!

Personally don't think he could've done anything about that, he also made a great save from walcott in that game.