You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest TK-421

The way he had been playing he'll be no great loss for the semi. He's gone loco. Stupid act from Pepe today and a clear deserved red card.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way he had been playing he'll be no great loss for the semi. He's gone loco. Stupid act from Pepe today and a clear deserved red card.

He is still a very good keeper.

The worrying question is what is it that is happening amongst a squad of decent players that is causing this level of frustration?

Guest TK-421
He is still a very good keeper.

The worrying question is what is it that is happening amongst a squad of decent players that is causing this level of frustration?

Maybe it's because they're losing loads of games? A bit out there, I know.

Guest TK-421
Well, at least we'll find out if the guys on here who wanted him chopped were right.

I myself suspect it may have a whiff of ' Be careful what you wish for '

I wasn't among them but I have no problem with someone else being given a go, although the timing is unfortunate with the semi final.

Guest San Don
nah he just stupidly flung his head in the defenders direction for a kiss. He's been shit for ages, now lefr us without a first choice keepper for the semi.

Sell the fat arsed cunt in the summer

Whoaw, steady on mate.

He needs to up his game true but I dont think we need to go that far.

Guest San Don
I wasn't among them but I have no problem with someone else being given a go, although the timing is unfortunate with the semi final.

Doni's in against Villa unless we appeal isnt he?

That was not a red card, Code is right here. My problem is that we did not have anyone to kick the shit out of that number 14 in their team after he faked the whole thing. Tommy Smith would have taken care of it, Souness would have had the guy, McMahon would have tried to be there before Souness, even young Steven Gerrard would have done the same.

These days we're wimps, nice guys. Sort of show up when the matches start, talk the talk, but when the time comes to be a man, we become boys. The senior players are juniors, the rest, well, they just follow.

Guest San Don

Point about Reina's sending off as has already been made here is dempsey was far more aggressive and made contact. Reina didnt make contact. But, martin atkinson just loves carding a Liverpool player and Reina gave him his chance.

That's the inconsistency that needs to be addressed by that prik in charge of the refs for the PL.

Guest San Don
We could do a lot worse than get the Swansea keeper for next season, he looks like he could be really good.

Reina deserved a red you can't put your head in people's face unless you're Clit Dempsey.

Well I hope we are closely monitoring potential replacements. Just in case like.

Point about Reina's sending off as has already been made here is dempsey was far more aggressive and made contact. Reina didnt make contact. But, martin atkinson just loves carding a Liverpool player and Reina gave him his chance.

That's the inconsistency that needs to be addressed by that prik in charge of the refs for the PL.

3345560256.jpg

Two yellows cards for this. Consistency.

3345560256.jpg

Two yellows cards for this. Consistency.

That's how it is. If it's two players they get booked. If one of the players wants to have the other sent off he dives. What happened to Pepe is exactly what happened to Joey Barton and that despicable Johnson at Norwich. Fucking disgusted by those kind of players.

Clearly hypocritical if we consider what Carroll did today and what Suarez does on a unfortunately regular basis, but that is just embarassing to watch as well. Someone has the be bold enough at the FA to change the rules so that it's possible to punish players who feign injury to get other players sent off or cheat in other ways. It's like a disease in modern football and I'm fucking sick of it. Men who are payed tens of thousands a week or even more who cheat week in and week out. Football will always be a cynical game, but it's fucking destroying itself from within at the moment.

Pepe Reina is a world class keeper. He kept plenty of clean sheets when the defence was settled. With the chopping and changing in front of him we are not nearly as solid, hence all the goals we've been conceding. Most of them he has had no chance.

As for the 'head butt' it wasn't a head butt, but with the forward motion he gave the ref every chance to send him off, which he did. Perch went down acting, but that seems to be par for the course.

As Pepe was leaving the pitch I thought I saw him motion, 'You and me, afterwards, in the tunnel' to Perch. Pepe looks like a fella who can handle himself, so if he didn't get his fight with Perch, perhaps he could pop by the KFC and meet a couple of my esteemed fellow forumites!

Which is all to say, it was a very frustrating day all round, but come on fellas, stop offering each other out on here. There's no need.

When someone feigns injury or goes down in the box after little or no contact, can we now say that it isn't just foreigners diving?

As for Pepe, with three days off now, I hope he comes back for the last five matches of the season with a clearer head.