You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rooney's Now World Class!!!

Kopite

They'll soon turn on him when he gets sent off for retaliation in the Croatia match.

Or when they find that he is outclassed when they play any half-decent opposition...... The hype surrounding him is ridiculous.......

And apparently when we slag him off, its because we a jealous because he plays for the blueshite....................

Not being funy here but I think the lad is half decent, just cos' he is Blue and looks like John Merrick's ugly brother. Don't make him shite........

Pissed off with people slaggin' off players just because they play for the wrong side. :(

Also pissed off cos I spent £80 in JJB today buying the kids an wife england shirts when they know full well I don't care for the national side.... Grrrrrr...

Rooney is quality. People forget that he's only 18. True, he doesn't score as many as he should, but his first touch and ability to link up play is already much better than Michael's (who was terrible today, but will no doubt play better in the tournament itself.)

Rooney is quality. People forget that he's only 18. True, he doesn't score as many as he should, but his first touch and ability to link up play is already much better than Michael's (who was terrible today, but will no doubt play better in the tournament itself.)

Probably true, but I'd take Michael's goals over Rooney's other attributes any day of the week.

The second goal was a great strike, but this is all press hype. They did the same with Owen in the World Cup. Good luck to the lad.

The 'pundits' singing his praises are the same who were calling for him to be dropped last week after the Japan game.

Its a pity he wasn't left on the pitch for the second half, as he'd have been in with a great chance of getting his third.

Rooney is a fantastic player and anyone who believes otherwise is wearing red tinted specs I reckon. His touch is brilliant, he can pass, dribble, shoot but his biggest attribute for me is his strength.

People are harpng on about England needing a big man to play up alongside Owen, they already have one in Rooney. He doesn't have a massive physique like Emile, but what strength he has he uses to the maximum. I reckon he'll have a good tournament.

And here's me thinking that the Evertonians are supposed to be the bitter ones.

It's a valid post Chris - the media have gone beserk over the fat bastard from across the park - he is alright but hardly what they are making him out to be.

It's a valid post Chris - the media have gone beserk over the fat bastard from across the park - he is alright but hardly what they are making him out to be.

Yeah, and when did the English media ever do any different.

Michael is in a different league to Rooney, but I'd still love to have him in my side. He's a damn good player and is going to be a great.

We complain that the Blues are obsessed. So why does this shit even get any attention?

Ignore them.

Rooney is a good player and a great talent, but he is not the finished article yet. But England are very lucky to have two young and talented strikers like Owen and Rooney, and both will become better in years to come!

By the way...This is how Lilian Thuram rates Rooney...

"Rooney is not Michael Owen - he was a far better player on his debut for the England team. The Everton player is good, but he is no Pele."

Think that`s a fair verdict!

Rooney's a good player but I think Vassell gets overlooked too easily. Yes, Rooney got 2 goals, and one of them was a scorcher..........but so did Vassell! Does that make Vassell world class too?!?

With Vassell, you know what you're going to get. 100% effort, a good finish when it's needed, and blistering pace that will scare the bejeesus out of any defenders. Unfortunately, you never know which Rooney's going to turn up. The fat munter who couldn't score in a brothel, or the 'genius' world-class international striker!

Anyone else concerned that both of our strikers are likely to be short-arses? If Beckham manages to get his crosses beyond the first defender (unlikely!), who's going to be leaping like a salmon to knock it in?

Emile Heskey????

Thats what puzzled me against Iceland, why did Beckham always take the free-kicks and corners? He did'nt get past the first man half of the time. Stevie could of done better. I suppose its the privilage of being Captain. Shame though, all those wasted chances. It could prove costly in Portugal.