You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and going back to the Lord Herman Ouseley and Piara Powar stuff from earlier, the intention is not to disparage their credibility or their general work on combating and educating against racism. I have absolutely no problems at all with them in that respect. My problem with them is that, like so many in the media, they've taken the stance they have without looking into it in any detail, and used their fairly prominent media positions to make their views known. Their respective club links don't automatically mean they've had undue influence on the overall view of the respective cases, but perhaps they should have shown a lot more tact given these links to those clubs.

Us forumites can and do pass comment and judgement on issues such as this, and Ouseley and Powar have every right to comment too. But because their words will find a wider audience and they have greater influence than us individually, they need to take greater care in what they say and how it comes across.

He's got form has that piara power, just ask Glasgow Rangers fans!

He's been pushing for action against Rangers and their 'sectarian' issues. The Rangers fans did some digging and low and behold, he has connections to Celtic, has paul elliot as a business associate and a few other celtic related people.

Now Im not suggesting Celtic are in any way involved in this just that power isnt as 'independent' as he likes to portray.

I fould this out by googling powar and found the information on rangers 'bluenose' forum.

I've got an uncle called Piara, and guess what he's a no-good dodgy cunt (too). Boy i'd love to punch a hole in both their heads.

With reference to Suarez comment that he called Evra "something his team-mates call him", this is because allegedly several of Evra's South American colleagues call him "negro" in training, in the same way that Suarez calls Glen Johnson "negro", in a friendly way.

This was apparently relayed to a Liverpool player by a Manchester United player that is friendly with him. He also allegedly told him he could not believe it had gone this far.

LFC are fully aware of this, but didn't report it to the FA committee for whatever reason. Maybe a lack of proof, or maybe the individual players involved didn't want to go public with it.

This is apparently what Suarez was referring to in his interview with Uruguayan TV.

TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

This now means that for many months Evra was happy to be called 'Negro' by Hernandez on the training pitch but not by Suarez in a game?

To me this sums up the hypocrisy of Evra and destroys any case against Suarez as even if Suarez had have called Evra negro 10 times it would only be a fraction of the amount that Hernandez has called him it.

I would hope that Suarez finds a way of redressing this farcical situation and even through the courts if necessary.

Maybe even the civil courts even.

Oh, and going back to the Lord Herman Ouseley and Piara Powar stuff from earlier, the intention is not to disparage their credibility or their general work on combating and educating against racism. I have absolutely no problems at all with them in that respect. My problem with them is that, like so many in the media, they've taken the stance they have without looking into it in any detail, and used their fairly prominent media positions to make their views known. Their respective club links don't automatically mean they've had undue influence on the overall view of the respective cases, but perhaps they should have shown a lot more tact given these links to those clubs.

Us forumites can and do pass comment and judgement on issues such as this, and Ouseley and Powar have every right to comment too. But because their words will find a wider audience and they have greater influence than us individually, they need to take greater care in what they say and how it comes across.

Same with me, they have every right to have their point of view.

But! His comments this morning where rather undiplomatic, perhaps confrontational.

And his allegience was not mentioned, and has not been mentioned. Just as Paul McGrath's previous support for Big Ron was not mentioned, and George Best's comments on Andy Cole are never mentoned.

If you read his comments regarding this from Carlton Cole West Ham Striker Admits FA Improper Conduct Charge Over ‘Racist’ Twitter Comments | CaughtOffside, it is quite conciliatory considering his attacks on us.

I think it's time to revisit Late 2010 in terms of our fans no? Or to put it more succinctly? Email barrage/Internet Terrorist time Methinks. In short? Fill out All the holes in the FA's case & Crash All their fucking websites with it day after day after.....Until they reply/comment publicly on it even if only to defend themselves - Then? We'll know we've got them on the run after which? Tear them to shreds via email & publicly until it Forces them to admit their mistakes/errors. More? Do the same to Every Journalists Personal Email we can dig up until action is taken On our behalf for once & as to the so-called reputations of these idiot bigmouths Piara Power & Lord Herman Munster.....ahem Ousley? Destroy them, take them apart one piece at a time; They would only do the same to us - This might not alter the ban? But in the long run it will (along with our reaction already?) convince the FA to steer Well clear of us in the future.........

NB Bob at the top of the page? We didn't have Anyone in the 60's onwards in positions of power either right from the start in the 2nd division (the media & establishment have Always hated us) & it Never stopped us then - In fact when we Did have what could be described as someone 'close' to the enemy in Rick Parry? (From the PL/Created it) Were we honestly Better off? I think not......Lack of allies never stopped us before Or Arsenal later from taking Them on for so long from a ground Smaller than ours either at Highbury; I'll tell you what Did stop us? Allowing the media to do what they're so blatantly attempting & letting them divide us by setting Club against Fans against Manager against Players.

Forgive the expression but here it's Clear that? United we stand, Divided we Fall. Suggest we All remember that from now on & instead of attacking the club? Don the Balaclavas & go in Full terrorist mode after the Real Targets (the FA, the Media & United's 'People of Influence') Especially the last ones there - Am convinced that They are the one's Behind All the mysteriously recurring & convenient problems United's foes have suffered in reaching the Very top & staying there in recent years & will continue to be Until we (or A N Other) exposes & destroys them (or their reputations). We need to learn Who to target & how to do it is all. Then? We'll be fine...............

NBB Oh & to those who doubt this? Don't forget whilst we may not have allies in high places like some others I could mention? We do have The most organised/powerful as a Body set of fans anywhere virtually. If we can bring a company like Blackstone & many others (Inc' RBS) to the negotiating table & their knees by sheer Force of our actions? Why Not a venerable old joke like The FA & surely the media are small fry compared to what we've Already Done? Like the Club On the pitch? I think our fans Need to believe in themselves & What they can achieve a Lot more............

Edited by Redshadow

Out of all the lies and contradictions in that report, the statement of Evra still being in shock after his blatant dive(supposed tackle) is the worst....

See the incident again, it's not a free-kick, it's a cry baby who has been embarrassed all game trying to get a fellow professional sent off... Fucking embarrassing!!!

And then the "unbiased" jury, states as follows "It seemed to us to be a

deliberate foul, and the referee awarded a free kick. The foul was committed by Mr Suarez kicking Mr Evra on his right knee. Mr Evra explained that he had previously had a bad problem in that knee. He remained on the ground receiving medical treatment for about one minute after the tackle."

Is this for real, he dove, and then faked injury, there was no kick and certainly no need for medical treatment!

Later on they take Evra at his word when he states: "he was in shock and upset at having been kicked in the knee"

That commission and the people in it has managed to make a kangaroo court in the heart of a jungle dictatorship in Africa look civilized and just in comparison..

Patrice Evra simule face Ã* Luis Suarez - YouTube

Too right. It doesn’t matter what camera angle that piece of play is viewed from there is no way any unbiased onlooker could conclude that Suarez aimed a kick at Evra’s right knee, his feet are too close to the ground throughout. A very charitable assessment might be that their knees do come together and that might have caused Evra some temporary pain in that knee but most football watchers, and surely those who have played the game professionally, would note that there was little force in that contact and conclude that Evra went down simulating a foul and subsequent injury to break up the play and relieve the intense pressure that United had been under.

There is nothing in that passage of play that explains why, 5 minutes later, an angry Evra is gibbering on at Suarez about his sister’s private parts and demanding an explanation as to why he kicked him in the knee. After, watching the video of the goalmouth exchange Suarez’s claims that he first tried to placate him then gave up and told him to give his mouth a rest are a lot more credible, aren’t they? Especially as they were accompanied by hand gestures, clearly visible on the video, as he speaks.

How biased would you have to be to believe Evra’s absurd “Mississippi Burning” concoction after watching those 2 clips?

Stringvest? I know you may think what I suggest a little fanciful but come on? Think about it. We could be on the way back now & all this happens with Suarez the One standout player of ours in recent times with Gerrard Injured a lot & the one looking most likely to move us forwards & nearer to Them who he coincidentally humiliated last season? Now look deeper - We had xenophobia unchecked & moaning about Rafa' in press conferences a few years back when we Were on top in 2009. Chelsea have had several racist rows in their years at the top with United & there's been who Knows How many public spats between them & Arsenal - There was even slurs aimed at Us for apparently deliberately losing to Blackburn in 1995 to Stop them getting the title Before we played them by Guess Who's manager; And always?

Well always, The common thread in all these little dramas? Is Them; Manchester Fucking United is always involved somehow, one way or another. And now? We find they have not just an FA Director but one of the Heads of the Anti-Racism Movement involved in them as a Club if not running them? Well I'll just say this on all that? Before you go shouting me down? Remember Calciopoli in 2006? That was set up using Phones & that was Six years ago now - Think how much more advanced things are now & all this drama happening to anyone who contends with United & which often ends up destabilising or diminishing them? Is it Any coincidence I wonder that it's often Only happened Since 1993 when They reached the top?

Again, Come on, Think about it. Just because you're paranoid? Doesn't mean they're Not out to get you. I think the disgraceful events of recent weeks? Have shown that if nothing else along with the fact that we have a crosshair trained on us as a club right now & the Only way to remove it? Is hit back Hard & in kind. Fortunately we now appear to be doing Just that via a few ahem quiet press briefings re' Evra's habits of old & not before time............................

while we raise voices about the allegiances of this senior figure and that one, and how the world is corrupt becuase of this or that, can anyone tell me who we have in similar positions within our club.

While i agree it simply isnt right for someone to slag us without saying, by the way, I've got interests in the offended party, its also pretty impressive that United can call openly on such big hitters, without having to rely on the underhanded backhanders and media sycophants.

I read something, telegraph i think, a week or so ago, that said we need to bring in people who can be persuasive and carry positions of influence, to allow us to improve our image and stop having to fight all the time. My initial thought to this was, "fuck off we shouldnt have to, we should be treated fairly without having to play their games" but i realise just how naieve that is as a viewpoint.

We dont have to bring in these people to make us look better, but lets face it, we're not the power house we were, the FA dont need to like us, the media never will, so without playing their games we'll always be up shit creek when it ends up this way.

If we dont have high standing Lords and community leaders on our boards of whatever, and United and Chelsea do, then we're one step (at least) behind.

A really good post.

I continue to believe that the answer to this lies from within, rather than without. LFC have to get a grip, not wait for others to come round. This is not the time for siege-mentality, the enemy are already over the walls, in the keep and have run the “kick it out” flag up the flagpole. We have done very badly in presenting a very reasonable case. When I read the item in The Times this morning that Luis calls Glen Johnson “negro” I almost choked on my cornflakes.

I understand that LFC failed to brief any journalists of our case in the run up to the verdict, and then judgement. It is not surprising that the media have run with what they have been provided with- we made no pre-prepared counter-case.

Tom Werner is one of the world’s leading experts on the media, and media management. What role/services has he been able to offer? LFC is a global entity. Asking the past CEO of Huddersfield Town and Ian Cotton to tackle a task of this magnitude, complexity and sensitivity, was, and is, way beyond their experience, and capacity. This needed/needs a dedicated, experienced PR/media team.

Comolli and Kenny’s contribution at the FA Tribunal did not help, as the notes testify, because LFC did not control the situation Yet Kenny is being allowed yesterday to make statements about “things which he can’t tell us about”. Kenny is one of the greatest ever (for me the greatest) Reds as a player and manager. But he is not responsible for managing this crisis, yet in the absence of assured leadership he has had to step up and do his best. So who is in charge? Is it FSG, from whom we have heard no formal statement? Is it Ayre from whom we have heard nothing other than from the Club statements and whose media department did nothing pre judgement? Or is it Kenny who appears to be having to run the team, appeal and PR?

That we have been poorly served by the FA and media is a given, but the questions closer to home will also need to be answered.

FSG have led a charmed life for the past 12 months. Pretty much everything has gone right. The real test for organisations is when things start to go wrong. Would the streetwise , FA savvy, media aware David Dein or Brian Barwick have handled things differently?

After all this was just an on field spat between two players who abused each other, with no racism intended or alleged. That it should come to this............................................

I made the mistake of looking at the forums for some other teams last night just to see what the general view on Suarez was. I knew things were bad but not that bad. I thought there might be at least some doubt about the verdict as after all Evra is hardly a popular player with most fans and the FA are seen as a bit of a joke most of the time. I found some random forums for Spurs, Arsenal, Man city, Bolton, Sunderland and Newcastle on Google and it was like looking and each time it was like I'd found a United or Everton forum by accident. You could count the number of threads doubting the verdict on one hand. Evra's version of events has been accepted as fact, Suarez is worst than Hitler and should be hounded out of the country as soon as possible, the FA are heroes in the fight against racism, Liverpool are a vile club who should face snactions for the way they have supported Suarez and dared to criticise the FA and all our fans are self pitying losers who have some paranoid belief that the world is against us. Depressing stuff. I thought it was maybe sensible to accept the ban and hope things might blow over but I don't think it's going to happen and maybe the club should have fought this all the way. It doesn't seem like we had a great deal to lose.

Guest San Don
A really good post.

I continue to believe that the answer to this lies from within, rather than without. LFC have to get a grip, not wait for others to come round. This is not the time for siege-mentality, the enemy are already over the walls, in the keep and have run the “kick it out” flag up the flagpole. We have done very badly in presenting a very reasonable case. When I read the item in The Times this morning that Luis calls Glen Johnson “negro” I almost choked on my cornflakes.

I understand that LFC failed to brief any journalists of our case in the run up to the verdict, and then judgement. It is not surprising that the media have run with what they have been provided with- we made no pre-prepared counter-case.

Tom Werner is one of the world’s leading experts on the media, and media management. What role/services has he been able to offer? LFC is a global entity. Asking the past CEO of Huddersfield Town and Ian Cotton to tackle a task of this magnitude, complexity and sensitivity, was, and is, way beyond their experience, and capacity. This needed/needs a dedicated, experienced PR/media team.

Comolli and Kenny’s contribution at the FA Tribunal did not help, as the notes testify, because LFC did not control the situation Yet Kenny is being allowed yesterday to make statements about “things which he can’t tell us about”. Kenny is one of the greatest ever (for me the greatest) Reds as a player and manager. But he is not responsible for managing this crisis, yet in the absence of assured leadership he has had to step up and do his best. So who is in charge? Is it FSG, from whom we have heard no formal statement? Is it Ayre from whom we have heard nothing other than from the Club statements and whose media department did nothing pre judgement? Or is it Kenny who appears to be having to run the team, appeal and PR?

That we have been poorly served by the FA and media is a given, but the questions closer to home will also need to be answered.

FSG have led a charmed life for the past 12 months. Pretty much everything has gone right. The real test for organisations is when things start to go wrong. Would the streetwise , FA savvy, media aware David Dein or Brian Barwick have handled things differently?

After all this was just an on field spat between two players who abused each other, with no racism intended or alleged. That it should come to this............................................

You shitstirring fuck.

I thought it was maybe sensible to accept the ban and hope things might blow over but I don't think it's going to happen and maybe the club should have fought this all the way. It doesn't seem like we had a great deal to lose.

Things will blow over, he'll never be a popular player but you would have seen similar things said about Gerrard when he chinned that Manc DJ. The average football fan in this country has the attention span of a gnat.

Suarez will get alot of shit up until the end of the season, next season it will be whoever the press scapegoat for Englands failure in the Euro's.

He'll only get loads of stick at United where all our players are despised anyway and at Everton because they've suddenly become the moral crusaders against racism since the past week or so.

A really good post.

See if you had read that in report, you may have saved your breakfast.