You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Evra told us that he began the conversation by saying "Concha de tu hermana". Mr Evra's evidence was that this is a phrase used in Spanish like when you say "fucking hell" in English, but the literal translation is "your sister's pussy". Mr Suarez did not hear Mr Evra

say this.

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure he didn't know what it means.

Dear lord, its even worse than I expected.

Basically they've taken Evra's word over his.

They've left themselves open to serious challenge here, they must have.

And this is Evra's account of the story which reads like something a fucking 5 year old would make up.

The FA's case, in short, was as follows. In the goalmouth, Mr Evra and Mr Suarez spoke to each other in Spanish. Mr Evra asked Mr Suarez why he had kicked him, referring to the foul five minutes previously. Mr Suarez replied "Porque tu eres negro", meaning "Because you are black". Mr Evra then said to Mr Suarez “say it to me again, I’m going to punch you”. Mr Suarez replied "No hablo con los negros", meaning "I don't speak to blacks". Mr Evra continued by saying that he now thought he was going to punch Mr Suarez. Mr Suarez replied "Dale, negro, negro, negro", which meant "okay, blackie, blackie, blackie". As Mr Suarez said this, he reached out to touch Mr Evra's arm, gesturing at his skin. Mr Kuyt then intervened. When the referee blew his whistle and called the players over to him shortly after the exchanges in the goalmouth, Mr Evra said to the referee "ref, ref, he just called me a fucking black".

This is Luis's version which actually sounds fairly fucking realistic going by just having watched the match

Mr Suarez denied the Charge. His case, in short, was as follows. He agreed with Mr Evra that they spoke to each other in Spanish in the goalmouth. When Mr Evra asked why he had kicked him, Mr Suarez replied that it was a normal foul and shrugged his shoulders. Mr Evra then said that he was going to kick Mr Suarez, to which Mr Suarez told him to shut up. As Mr Kuyt was approaching, Mr Suarez touched Mr Evra's left arm in a pinching style movement. According to Mr Suarez, at no point in the goalmouth did he use the word "negro". When the referee blew his whistle to stop play, Mr Evra spoke to Mr Suarez and said (in English) "Don't touch me, South American". Mr Suarez replied "Por que, negro?". He says that he used the word “negro” in a way with which he was familiar from his upbringing in Uruguay. In this sense, Mr Suarez claimed, it is used as a noun and as a friendly form of address to people seen as black or brown-skinned (or even just black- haired). Thus, it meant "Why, black?" Mr Suarez maintained that when he said "Por que, negro?" to Mr Evra, it was intended in a conciliatory and friendly way. Mr Suarez said this was the only time that he used the word “negro” in his exchanges with Mr Evra during the match.

Mr Evra told us that he began the conversation by saying "Concha de tu hermana". Mr Evra's evidence was that this is a phrase used in Spanish like when you say "fucking hell" in English, but the literal translation is "your sister's pussy". Mr Suarez did not hear Mr Evra

say this.

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure he didn't know what it means.

"I learned "fucking hell" in Spanish so I could say it to South American footballers".

Are they cracked or what?

This information enabled the FA to ask broadcasters to provide video footage of what

appeared to be the key moments of the game, so far as Mr Evra's complaint was

concerned. This video footage was provided in due course. It contained material which

was not broadcast, including footage of the exchanges in the penalty area in the 63rd

minute taken from a number of different camera angles.

If they have footage the club should also have it.

From my understanding, the FA made this decision not on the basis of one mans word v another, but on the basis that they have had access to the extra video and sound recording, that isn't yet public.

There must be some pretty damning evidence in these clips, and they must surely be released.

From my understanding, the FA made this decision not on the basis of one mans word v another, but on the basis that they have had access to the extra video and sound recording, that isn't yet public.

There must be some pretty damning evidence in these clips, and they must surely be released.

If that is the case, they really would need to show it to the club.

They can't get away with not.

This information enabled the FA to ask broadcasters to provide video footage of what

appeared to be the key moments of the game, so far as Mr Evra's complaint was

concerned. This video footage was provided in due course. It contained material which

was not broadcast, including footage of the exchanges in the penalty area in the 63rd

minute taken from a number of different camera angles.

If they have footage the club should also have it.

isn't that the footage ssn kept showing

Few quotes that stuck out to me

"The experts concluded their observations on Mr Suarez's account as follows. If Mr Suarez used the word "negro" as described by Mr Suarez, this would not be interpreted as either offensive or offensive in racial terms in Uruguay and Spanish-speaking America more generally; it is being used along the lines of paragraphs 172, 173 and 175 above."

"Mr Evra was a credible witness"

"Mr Suarez's evidence was unreliable in relation to matters of critical importance."

Seems to me one word over another. Also interesting that the conclusion makes reference to Luis racially insulting Evra 7 times? Unable to find where this supposed fact has come from?

It's unsatisfying in that I have not yet read any part showing the basis of proof of the contended part (the other six times), but I don't see any room for appeal unless there is firm, contradictory evidence to hand.

The FA have made their decision on what he said, I have no idea what they have based it on (other than Evra's allegation).

I think that'll be that. We'll wait until after Tuesday and then take the ban probably, unless they are appealing for a reduction on the basis of historical punishments and the fact that all parties agree that Suarez is not a racist.

It's unsatisfying in that I have not yet read any part showing the basis of proof of the contended part (the other six times), but I don't see any room for appeal unless there is firm, contradictory evidence to hand.

The FA have made their decision on what he said, I have no idea what they have based it on (other than Evra's allegation).

I think that'll be that. We'll wait until after Tuesday and then take the ban probably, unless they are appealing for a reduction on the basis of historical punishments and the fact that all parties agree that Suarez is not a racist.

No room for appeal? It seems it's literally all on believing one mans word over another, I'd say that's pretty much grounds for appeal

From a quick scan, It seems as if its not just Video or Sound Evidence they've based this on but a whole range of things.

I'd guarantee whatever Video evidence and Sound they have will be Luis saying Negro and thats it. Theres no chance in hell that version Evra gave is true. Not a fucking hope.

Evra's saying he went full on racist against him basically. Its bollox.

And if the Video and Sound can't back it up then surely that throws the entire thing into doubt???

There has to be room to appeal there, if they can't prove Evra's account to be true yet thats what they are basing their decision on.

"Before reaching our decision, we assessed the credibility of those two

individuals and examined all the other evidence with great care to see whether it

supported or undermined Mr Evra's or Mr Suarez's account. We asked ourselves which

account was more probable. "

Hahahahaha

And De Gea heard nothing... Really? Suarez, if Evra is to be believed, basically used KKK level epithets repeatedly IN DE GEA'S NATIVE LANGUAGE an he didn't hear a single word.

"Before reaching our decision, we assessed the credibility of those two

individuals and examined all the other evidence with great care to see whether it

supported or undermined Mr Evra's or Mr Suarez's account. We asked ourselves which

account was more probable. "

Hahahahaha

And De Gea heard nothing... Really? Suarez, if Evra is to be believed, basically used KKK level epithets repeatedly IN DE GEA'S NATIVE LANGUAGE an he didn't hear a single word.

haha yeah I've posted Evra's account earlier.

People need to read that, then read what the FA have said and then ask themselves how the fuck could we not appeal or take this higher.

"Before reaching our decision, we assessed the credibility of those two individuals and examined all the other evidence with great care to see whether it supported or undermined Mr Evra's or Mr Suarez's account. We asked ourselves which account was more probable. "

Hahahahaha

Fuck me, not sure how I missed that para. That's awful on the part of the board. Yeah, definitely need to appeal for a reduction then.

I thought it was meant to be a "statement of fact"