You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest LFD

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don

Fucking hell, the lad has just returned to fitness and has been on the bench what, the last 3 or 4 games and some fans think he's a money grabber or something?

Fucking have a word with yourselves some of yous.

It is a comical thread this, and indicative of the chasm that exists between the match going fan and a substantial part of our internet supporters who support the team but just don't get the club and what it means to the community, the city, the ritual of going to the match every week and supporting the team, the banter in the pub rammed with supporters before and after the game, the steam coming off your sausage and chips, queuing up at half time for your sausage roll, jostling up the steps, listening to George's eclectic selections, and rubbing shoulders with the people next to you, all beanie hats and overcoats. Local players making good. A shared experience and a cameraderie unlike any other. Gerrard and Carragher will always be heroes, just like Tommy Smith, Robbie Fowler and the great adopted Scousers - Shankly, Paisley, and of course Kenny himself. The lifeblood of the club. They got the club.

You forgot "jumpers for goalposts, mmmmmm, young boys in shorts, mmmmmmm, etc".........

Guest ShoePiss

I hope he continues to be a model professional, I don't expect any less from Carra. People can question the contract extension and I agree the circumstances were not the best but I think having him at the club adds a lot of value even if he won't be a first team player in the next year or two.

Hope he never leaves and surpasses the likes of Evans and Moran for years service to the club.

I hope he continues to be a model professional, I don't expect any less from Carra. People can question the contract extension and I agree the circumstances were not the best but I think having him at the club adds a lot of value even if he won't be a first team player in the next year or two.

Hope he never leaves and surpasses the likes of Evans and Moran for years service to the club.

I love Carra, but if he has designs on being a manager I think it would be best for him to leave. Rare is the person who can go straight from being a player to a top manager (even with a few years coaching in between), Dalglish and Guardiola are the exceptions. I think he'd be better off learning his trade elsewhere. If he does shit hot then he can come back.

I love Carra, but if he has designs on being a manager I think it would be best for him to leave. Rare is the person who can go straight from being a player to a top manager (even with a few years coaching in between), Dalglish and Guardiola are the exceptions. I think he'd be better off learning his trade elsewhere. If he does shit hot then he can come back.

I can't imagine that he would have a chance of going from the squad to manager of LFC. It might do him good to leave and sit alongside a good lower league manager for six months, or even joining the Anfield back room staff a la Evans.

I would like to see Dalglish be manager for as long as he wants and gets our club back to top of the pile. Then Clarke take over with Carragher as his assistant, with a view to Carragher taking over and then Gerrard being assistant or Hamann, Hyypia - whoever.

Let's go back to appointing within our family.

There have been plenty of people doing precisely that since Benitez got the boot. The contempt for Carragher and Gerrard from some has been obvious. Again, that's they way they feel, that's fine. We've all got our crosses to bear.

Not in this thread though. You are straw manning and being divisive.

TK said that he felt Carra's reputation had fallen in his eyes as he allowed himself to get caught up in Purslow's politicking to get rid of Benitez. In his opinion. And still he said that he didn't want Carra to leave the club.

If I was to put my Freud hat on I'd say your inherent shame about living in the South East and being away from Liverpool for years has manifested itself in an overreacted protection of all things you see as "Liverpool" and disdain for the displaced fan, of which you know you yourself are sadly one. Physician heal thy sausage.

being divisive.

Purslow's politicking to get rid of Benitez.

Nothing divisive about getting that out is there?

Back to the his first post in the thread "a contract that has been better for him than the club" WTF is that about.

To me it implies a quid pro quo that calls character into question - or a lawyer who has finally earned his fee.

Not in this thread though. You are straw manning and being divisive.

TK said that he felt Carra's reputation had fallen in his eyes as he allowed himself to get caught up in Purslow's politicking to get rid of Benitez. In his opinion. And still he said that he didn't want Carra to leave the club.

If I was to put my Freud hat on I'd say your inherent shame about living in the South East and being away from Liverpool for years has manifested itself in an overreacted protection of all things you see as "Liverpool" and disdain for the displaced fan, of which you know you yourself are sadly one. Physician heal thy sausage.

Not at all, I was referring to the number of people who had expressed those opinions of Carragher and Gerrard. I didn't realise that the conversation had to be limited to the posts on the thread.

You're obviously right about my overreacting protection of Liverpool. Except of course, you're not. I wouldn't go back and live there, because it's too parochial, the restaurants (in my experience) are mostly shit and there's not enough decent bars or interesting things happening for a man of my age. London's where it's at for those sort of things, I'm afraid. My kids are growing up in an area where crime is low, the breadth of experiences they have access to is as big as anywhere in the world, and they have opportunities they just wouldn't get in Liverpool.

That doesn't mean that I can't go and have a great night in Liverpool, because I can and do, often. It doesn't mean it isn't a great place for other people to live, because clearly thousands of people wouldn't live anywhere else. I just don't feel an urge to defend it at all, unless it comes under unjustified attack. It exists on its own terms, and while I have a real affinity to it, I'm perhaps better placed to put it in a broader perspective given I spent a quarter of a century there, and am frequently there as a visitor.

I am 'displaced', but only in the sense that my commute is considerably longer than most, but since Dalglish has returned I am as connected to the club as I have ever been. My sausage is sizzling.

Guest ShoePiss

You're probably right, I'd like to see him working with the reserves and just become a real fixture at the club like the two I mentioned. It's more a sentimental thing I suppose!

And why not? After the last couple of years there's nothing toulouse in a bit of optimism.

This is the point - only someone with an axe gives a shit about Purslow now. His job was to sell the club if he and/or Broughton were told, or thought, or made up that getting rid of the fat waiter made that easier, good. If they needed to get some creedence in the dressing room or the Kop to accomplish that goal - good.

I don't think about either of them on matchday, or Rafa, or Moores, or Ged, or God, or Souness FFS.

Well every once in awhile I do think about him clattering somebody.

Not at all, I was referring to the number of people who had expressed those opinions of Carragher and Gerrard. I didn't realise that the conversation had to be limited to the posts on the thread.

You're obviously right about my overreacting protection of Liverpool. Except of course, you're not. I wouldn't go back and live there, because it's too parochial, the restaurants (in my experience) are mostly shit and there's not enough decent bars or interesting things happening for a man of my age. London's where it's at for those sort of things, I'm afraid. My kids are growing up in an area where crime is low, the breadth of experiences they have access to is as big as anywhere in the world, and they have opportunities they just wouldn't get in Liverpool.

That doesn't mean that I can't go and have a great night in Liverpool, because I can and do, often. It doesn't mean it isn't a great place for other people to live, because clearly thousands of people wouldn't live anywhere else. I just don't feel an urge to defend it at all, unless it comes under unjustified attack. It exists on its own terms, and while I have a real affinity to it, I'm perhaps better placed to put it in a broader perspective given I spent a quarter of a century there, and am frequently there as a visitor.

I am 'displaced', but only in the sense that my commute is considerably longer than most, but since Dalglish has returned I am as connected to the club as I have ever been. My sausage is sizzling.

Tee hee.

I'm glad a man of your age still has sizzle in his sausage.

Only read this page and I don't really want to read any more...

Anyway, as soon as Carra came on in DM he looked pretty lost to me (partly because N'Zogbia stopped using the inside channels and Villa lost all drive so he had little to do. Still I'd hope we can get through the next game as we are, bring Jay back in for the next few and give Coady or Wisdom a try rather than pushing Carra in there vs Oldham.

The timing of his new contract left a sour taste in my mouth personally. It seemed very calculated. It's also pretty obvious Carra and Stevie wanted Woy/any English manager when we got rid of Rafa. I think my point stands for both Carra and Stevie when I say they sometimes get an easy ride because of who they are, on many occasions their behaviour has not been befitting of 'legends'.

Having said that they are two of my favourite ever players, I am totally enamoured with them both and what they've given on the pitch negates anything that has happened behind the scenes.

The timing of his new contract left a sour taste in my mouth personally. It seemed very calculated. It's also pretty obvious Carra and Stevie wanted Woy/any English manager when we got rid of Rafa. I think my point stands for both Carra and Stevie when I say they sometimes get an easy ride because of who they are, on many occasions their behaviour has not been befitting of 'legends'.

Having said that they are two of my favourite ever players, I am totally enamoured with them both and what they've given on the pitch negates anything that has happened behind the scenes.

I reckon it's best to write off anything that happened "off the pitch" under Gillet and Hicks as just an unfortunate product of the poisonous situation at the top. Managers manage and players play and judge them how they do there.