You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

was actually quite surprised how timid the abuse he got was, Owen got far worse even before he joined Scum, I've always hated Owen a lot more than Torres but I was under the impression most were more pissed of with Torres

I personally wouldnt have booed him last night, but can see why others did.

He made a decision, the same as some of our top players made a few seasons on the run, same as Alonso, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Mereilles. that being that the club being run close to extinction, it would be a while before we got back challenging for major honours.

The longer we spend outside the champions league looking in, others will follow the same path.

I also think there was more to the transfer than we are being told, what with him being on big wages and the club not bringing in champions league revenue.

Take him back? As if. I said ages ago in this thread that I'd rather have Carroll and I've seen nothing this season to change that opinion. He has a terrible attitude and is barely even half the player he used to be.

Guest San Don
Can't believe some of you people saying you'd take him back.

Me neither, fucking JUDAS! (Him not them!)

Have to say he looked shit last night and I pissed myself laughing when his shot came back off the bar.

Like downing, he fucking disappeared when his one chance evaporated.

Fuck him

He didnt care about us when he was here or he would never of fucked off to them

reap what you sew

Ermmm, he's about to play in a European Cup Final. Yes, he more then likely won't start, but Drogba can't do 90 mins with his groin so he'll certainly come on as a sub. I'd expect he's not overly happy with how his Chelsea career has panned out, but I guarantee you he is more then happy that he left us.

Ermmm, he's about to play in a European Cup Final. Yes, he more then likely won't start, but Drogba can't do 90 mins with his groin so he'll certainly come on as a sub. I'd expect he's not overly happy with how his Chelsea career has panned out, but I guarantee you he is more then happy that he left us.

No you can't guarantee that he is happier, neither you or I know if that's true right now. Ask yourself why , rather than celebrating with his team mates, he spent 20 minutes in the losing dressing room after the game? He may have his winners medal but as a player he would want to be on the pitch from the start and he would want the same in Munich and I would say right now it's not even a given he will get on the pitch at anytime in Munich. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back in La Liga next season.

A contract worth £50m in one of the world's great capital city's buys you a good standard of misery.

is his contract worth 50 million?

have you ever lived in london? misery capital of the world. theres more miserable cunts per square mile than anywhere in the northern hemisphere apart from st helens.

torres is a homo. he wasn't, now he is.

I don't think Torres would have been happy wherever he went, football itself obviously no longer makes him happy. Fans who met him said he changed after he came here, even before it started going tits up, he had a miserable puss when Spain won the cup, he came back, went to chelsea - and is still miserable. He was obviously chasing something and realised at some point he could never find it. Maybe he realised he should have been a dancer.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Can't believe some of you people saying you'd take him back.

Why would he come back anyway? He wanted out to play Champions League, his club are about to play in the final.

Xabi wants nothing to do with that cunt.

Why cunt? He’s no more a cunt than you are if you have to use that word … and we all know Xabi and him are still mates. They both left us - the only difference between the two being that the club made a business decision to hang Torres out to dry, even though Alonso’s departure was infinitely more damaging. Loved Torres when he was here and don’t understand the depth of the hatred and mockery directed towards him. Superb for us until injury and a crisis of confidence, exacerbated by a terrible World Cup, got the better of him.

The chanting was pathetic and exactly what we condemned Newcastle’s fans for. For some reason he seems to have become a lightning rod for all the anger and frustration built up over the Hicks and Gillet years and beyond, although his only ‘crime’ was to leave the club under circumstances that are still to be fully explained. He then made uncharacteristically intemperate comments which were clearly the result of whatever shenanigans had gone on behind the scenes. I remember him saying at the time that he had been made to feel Anfield was no longer his home … make of that what you will.

To my mind there are more legitimate targets for anger, including some club 'legends' whose culpability in lowering of morale, the departure of Benitez and the arrival of Hodgson has been largely ignored. No wonder Carragher always raises his game against Torres - self-justification demands it – and we all lap it up.

Why cunt? He’s no more a cunt than you are if you have to use that word … and we all know Xabi and him are still mates. They both left us - the only difference between the two being that the club made a business decision to hang Torres out to dry, even though Alonso’s departure was infinitely more damaging. Loved Torres when he was here and don’t understand the depth of the hatred and mockery directed towards him. Superb for us until injury and a crisis of confidence, exacerbated by a terrible World Cup, got the better of him.

The chanting was pathetic and exactly what we condemned Newcastle’s fans for. For some reason he seems to have become a lightning rod for all the anger and frustration built up over the Hicks and Gillet years and beyond, although his only ‘crime’ was to leave the club under circumstances that are still to be fully explained. He then made uncharacteristically intemperate comments which were clearly the result of whatever shenanigans had gone on behind the scenes. I remember him saying at the time that he had been made to feel Anfield was no longer his home … make of that what you will.

To my mind there are more legitimate targets for anger, including some club 'legends' whose culpability in lowering of morale, the departure of Benitez and the arrival of Hodgson has been largely ignored. No wonder Carragher always raises his game against Torres - self-justification demands it – and we all lap it up.

You (like most us supporters ) probably know fuck all. Personally I wouldn't boo Torres but likewise I can't have a go at those who did. All that shite he wrote in his book was pretty meaningless in the end wasn't it and he followed that up with interviews after he left which belittled the club and supporters he ditched. BTW Carra didn't write out Torres transfer request did he? The one thing a lot of people can thank Torres for was in helping them realise that many of today's footballers have an affinity only with the cheque book and nothing else.

Torres is a cunt.

• 2 weeks later...