You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Csus4 chord - TLW Guitarists

Redder Lurtz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bass IS easier hence why most bassists are usually as thick as two short planks

Which is often reflected in the quality/brain power of the birds they attract

Bit harsh, you've never even met Mrs The Beast.

I would. And Cliff The Beast is very intelligent, so that ruins your theory.

I also know four other bass players who ate highly intelligent too, with very attractive ladies.

And to add, Les Claypool pisses all over a whole load of guitarist.

Bit harsh, you've never even met Mrs The Beast.

I would. And Cliff The Beast is very intelligent, so that ruins your theory.

I also know four other bass players who ate highly intelligent too, with very attractive ladies.

And to add, Les Claypool pisses all over a whole load of guitarist.

I said most, not all.

Craig knows me anyway

Let me know which mic you get Lurtzy. I would like to record some playing and singing. I'll probably do it on two tracks though, so I can make any tweaks to either sound. So I'll use my lecky guitar for the guitar track - even if it is an acoustic song.

is that the right approach Chinandeler?

There's no right or wrong really mate but id recommend using different Channel's for each instrument/input. Like you say for easier editing.

If you had two mics, you can Mic up the strings on the guitar, electric even, and use another for vox and also have a direct line input to yer Audio Interface.

So 3 Inputs/Channels in total. Dyou get me ?

I do that sometimes and its nice.

You may have issues with overspill from the guitar into the vocal mic channel but if its a Dynamic Mic, as opposed to Condenser , you'd be better equipped.

Dynamic mics only pick up signals Directly in front of them, where as Condenser Mics are far more sensitive.

Wow - where to start with that lot? A vocal mic or an instrument one?

Get both if you can, some mics can do both jobs as well, like the SM57 for example. They are quality for Vox and quality for Electric Guitar Miking at the Amp.

There are thousands of mics out there mate.

Id get a decent Condenser for Stringed Instruments such as Acoustic Guitar and for Vox, and Id get an SM57 also. Yer looking at about £50 for a cheap condenser, and about £90 for SM57.

Try Red5Audio, they do some good gear, not world beaters yet, but Ive had a condenser from there for 5 years, use it quite a bit and its still top notch, cost me £49, inc case.

You'd also need Mic stands as well. And leads, XLR leads.

And for Condenser Mic's you need Phantom Power, usually supplied by the Mixing Board/Audio Interface.

Can be pricey this shit.

I bought a Fostex 8 Track hard drive recorder off eBay, which makes the whole thing both portable and as easy as plug in, pick up and play.

Oh, and learning to play guitar is probably the best thing I ever did. I'd recommend it to absolutely everybody.