You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"He's having a holocaust"

chauncey

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me, theres some over-sensitive people in the World today. I bet these people say just as bad things in everyday life but give them a platform like a public forum to show their outrage and they`ll take it. Its like its the cool thing to be seen to be ultra pc correct, fuck off the lot of you sensitive tossers. There's no doubt about it tho, that Traore was getting absolutely raped. There you go, there`s something else you boring twats can be outraged about. R.A.P.E.D, i said. Get A fuckin life.

Unless he was specifically referring to the Jewish Holocaust then the word holocaust was apt. It simply means complete destruction

Although this is true, I have only ever heard the word used referring to the Jewish Holocaust, such is the significance of the event in history.

Don't think he should be sacked though, as although it may have been in bad taste, people are running around looking for a reason to be outraged these days and there are far more pertinent issues than this example of mild ignorance.

Fuck me, theres some over-sensitive people in the World today. I bet these people say just as bad things in everyday life but give them a platform like a public forum to show their outrage and they`ll take it. Its like its the cool thing to be seen to be ultra pc correct, fuck off the lot of you sensitive tossers. There's no doubt about it tho, that Traore was getting absolutely raped. There you go, there`s something else you boring twats can be outraged about. R.A.P.E.D, i said. Get A fuckin life.

A bit like people who think it's cool and edgy to use words like rape and make rape jokes, eh?

Not defending Cascarino, but I've heard at least one pundit refer to a player/team having a holocaust in the past - though it might well have been Cascarino himself. It was certainly one of the Southern pundits (Merson/Cascarino/Pardew).

A bit like people who think it's cool and edgy to use words like rape and make rape jokes, eh?

Not defending Cascarino, but I've heard at least one pundit refer to a player/team having a holocaust in the past - though it might well have been Cascarino himself. It was certainly one of the Southern pundits (Merson/Cascarino/Pardew).

I think the ability to show your outrage immediately and publicly via Twitter, will make a bigger deal of this than it is. Bad taste, nothing more. He should he told not to say it again on air and that's it IMO.

There's a joke thread on the GF, do not read it, it may upset you.

I haven't watched the clip because it's almost TOO stupid of a thing to say. It's the kind of thing retard cockerknees adopt to sound 'ard and irreverent (actually it's exactly that). So they can then whinge on about how over-sensitive and liberal people are these days. Cascarino is just the latest plum to try and clumsily adopt a Sky "working man's club" vocab, he probably thought it's the interesting turn of phrase that might see him one day reach the giddy heights of Soccer Saturday. It's not grossly offensive to me but it's clearly massively inappropriate and totally unnecessary.