You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I fucking love Hendo. His face after the winner the other day. I still have a few questions about him as a player, but how can't you love the guy?

In a way we don't fucking deserve him, some people on here were full on shit houses when he first came.  He was a kid, who had moved from his mediocre boyhood club, to the spotlight of Liverpool.  "Horrendouson" "Ready Salted" giving him childish bulshit nicknames.

He's always been good, and now he's becoming great - I'd love to see what that prick Silverlining has to say about him now.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I'm very impressed by him. He came here as a promising young British midfielder and a few of us winced at the price (as an aside, if you are cherry picking the best talent from a smaller side, you are going to pay a pretty penny as they don't want to lose him). 

He seemed a little overawed early on, but he has been growing in stature ever since. A big turning point was almost going to Fulham. He has responded well, has grown stronger, is learning to impose himself on games, and is starting to add goals. If he keeps this going he will be a very important player for us for years to come. 

I think Stevie moving deeper has helped Henderson too. When Stevie was further forward a certain deference came into play, and I think it hindered Henderson's development somewhat. The balance is looking better these days as Stevie grows into his new role and Henderson blossoms into the player we hope he will be.

Made up for the lad. Keep it going! 

I love the fella. I feel like he’s one of those lads that everybody likes.  The guy at the party that wouldn’t be the centre of attention, but comes out with the odd good one liner and when he arrives everyone is happy to see him.

He seems to have a great attitude and work ethic.  I think he has a level of talent that is not up there with the very best, but more on a par with most above-average Premiership footballers.  The difference is, of course, that I get the feeling there is a bit of the Kevin Keegans about him.  A good player, with talent, but with a willingness to do every single thing it takes to squeeze every last tiny iota of talent out of his body every single time he enters the pitch.  And if you’re willing to do that, than you have every chance of becoming a top player who can lead teams to winning the top trophies.  With a top DM and a top creative midfielder around him, he could be the legs in a brilliant side. 

I could see him spending years here and being that fella that the press go to when he’s 65 to give comment on modern day footballers who don’t try as hard as they should. I’ll be dead then though, so not arsed if that happens.  I want the first bit to happen with the trophies and what not.

• Upvote 1

He seems to have a great attitude and work ethic.  I think he has a level of talent that is not up there with the very best, but more on a par with most above-average Premiership footballers.  The difference is, of course, that I get the feeling there is a bit of the Kevin Keegans about him.  A good player, with talent, but with a willingness to do every single thing it takes to squeeze every last tiny iota of talent out of his body every single time he enters the pitch.  And if you’re willing to do that, than you have every chance of becoming a top player who can lead teams to winning the top trophies.  With a top DM and a top creative midfielder around him, he could be the legs in a brilliant side. 

Not poo poing what you're saying at all as I agree with it but I think most players are like this.  The ones who make it, that is, and stand the test of endurance to have a long football career.  I think they're mostly single minded and extremely determined/driven people, and that's why they make it as pro footy players (allied with natural talent).

I love the fella. I feel like he’s one of those lads that everybody likes.  The guy at the party that wouldn’t be the centre of attention, but comes out with the odd good one liner and when he arrives everyone is happy to see him.

Just imagine him at a party - always making himself available to carry around trays of sausage rolls, staying after everybody's gone to clean up all the excess cans,setting up other friends to score, having a great chance of scoring with girls himself but sometimes overthinking it and messing it up (but celebrating wildly when he does get in there.)

I love him and his bobblehead.

• Upvote 1

Let's be honest, he was fucking shocking for a good while.

Semantics aside, fucking awful.

But that's the merrygoround of football, sometimes things just click into place by design or by accident or by circumstances. People were well within their tights to slate him, even Rodgers gave up hope, but that realisation was the catalyst for Henderson.

Invaluable now, and hopefully for years to come.

• Downvote 1