You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

No he wouldn't.

He'd have blown your fucking head off you stupid fucking cunt.

Nope, Breivik would've fallen to death quickly due to stat brain overload.

Yep, I bet you'd have statted him to death...

Shit, beaten to it again.

Bit rough bringing Breivik into the conversation too, Code must've really pissed you off.

Nope, Breivik would've fallen to death quickly due to stat brain overload.

Shit, beaten to it again.

Bit rough bringing Breivik into the conversation too, Code must've really pissed you off.

Even if he did, it was still wrong.

Let me just say Breivik is a callous fucking psychopath and I hope he's found insane and locked away indefinitely.

Because I think that is what he is and it would actually utterly consume him that he'd be remembered as a fucking nutjob.

Had Liverpool appointed Pellegrini when they had the chance I guarantee you over 75% of the Rafa conversations on here and elsewhere would never have occurred.

But when the club appoint someone so manifestly inferior without any idea of what the job is about you're going to get what happened.

And the frightening thing is I think this board have made the same mistake with Rodgers as they did with hodgson, in that there were better candidates available but for whatever reason they ignored them.

Firstly, Pellegrini was no home banker. He has experience managing in a Hispanic environment only, prospered at smaller clubs like Villareal and last season Malaga in Spain, but couldn’t handle the pressure and politics at a big club like Real Madrid.

Hodgson didn’t help himself, but he faced a dreadful scenario when he took over, one which would have consumed most managers. Pellegrini would not have stood a chance, Kenny was lucky.

Both when Hodgson and Rodgers were appointed, there were and are no obviously better candidates who would have taken the job, just alternative risks.

This is the song I hear in my head when I see Code mention Rafa...Don't ask me why...I have no explanation...It just happens...

[YOUTUBE]ru7M2dLkN4A[/YOUTUBE]

In a way...I reckon its because he just doesn't give a fuck... Hes a stone cold Motha Fucka. And as much as I often find his arguments utterly and completely flawed. I can't help but like him. I really can't explain why.

Firstly, Pellegrini was no home banker. He has experience managing in a Hispanic environment only, prospered at smaller clubs like Villareal and last season Malaga in Spain, but couldn’t handle the pressure and politics at a big club like Real Madrid.

Hodgson didn’t help himself, but he faced a dreadful scenario when he took over, one which would have consumed most managers. Pellegrini would not have stood a chance, Kenny was lucky.

Both when Hodgson and Rodgers were appointed, there were and are no obviously better candidates who would have taken the job, just alternative risks.

You've said this before on here and RAWK and I'll say again what you were told over there.

That is just fucking shite, especially given who he was succeeding.

Everything else is bollocks too.

You've said this before on here and RAWK and I'll say again what you were told over there.

That is just fucking shite, especially given who he was succeeding.

Everything else is bollocks too.

It is a fact. That's useful when it comes to conjecture and wild bile filled speculation.

No non-Hispanic team made him a job offer either.

I rest my case.

• Upvote 1

It is a fact. That's useful when it comes to conjecture and wild bile filled speculation.

No non-Hispanic team made him a job offer either.

I rest my case.

So.

I mean what does it prove.

Nothing is what it proves, a good manager is a good manager and providing he can speak the language which he can fluently he would have improved immeasurably upon Hodgson and probably even Dalglish.

Pellegrini is a better manager than Unai Emery who has the same background and is now in Russia. Ditto Juande Ramos who managed in England & Russia.

No non Italian team ever looked at Marcelo Lippi until he went to China this year.

Was he shit as well?

It's shite Xerxes, sorry but it is just unsubstantiated nonsense that because he's worked with hispanic players mainly he would not be able to translate his methods over here to a broadly cosmopolitan set up.

It might not have worked under Pellegrini but I guarantee you that wouldn't have been the reason for it.

So.

I mean what does it prove.

Nothing is what it proves, a good manager is a good manager and providing he can speak the language which he can fluently he would have improved immeasurably upon Hodgson and probably even Dalglish.

Pellegrini is a better manager than Unai Emery who has the same background and is now in Russia. Ditto Juande Ramos who managed in England & Russia.

No non Italian team ever looked at Marcelo Lippi until he went to China this year.

Was he shit as well?

It's shite Xerxes, sorry but it is just unsubstantiated nonsense that because he's worked with hispanic players mainly he would not be able to translate his methods over here to a broadly cosmopolitan set up.

It might not have worked under Pellegrini but I guarantee you that wouldn't have been the reason for it.

You need to work on how you make your case.

My points were that Pellegrini had never managed outside of a Hispanic environment and was bombed out of Real Madrid after a year. Those are facts. They are also the basis for my saying that as a result, his prospects here were uncertain. Maybe he would have been successful, maybe he would not.

It is also worth remembering that after winning the Clausura he couldn’t handle the pressure at River Plate either, and resigned after a poor campaign. If you can’t handle it at River Plate and Madrid hoping that he could handle the pressure here is a triumph of hope over experience.

His top flight managerial record and experience is better than Hodgson and KK I agree – he would have been a risk though whose prospects were no more certain.

Anything might happen. I just think that Pellegrini’s case is overstated by his supporters, that is all. Like you, I admire much in what he has done. In the PL I think he actually might do better at a Villa/Spurs/ Newcastle than here.

You need to work on how you make your case.

My points were that Pellegrini had never managed outside of a Hispanic environment and was bombed out of Real Madrid after a year.

How many points did his Madrid side notch up that season? Who were they up against? Who replaced him?

All this and more what Xerxes chose to ignore because he's a trolling bore.

I reckon it'd be a good idea for a couple of people on here to consider finding some other interests outside of football.

I hope you are not including me in that as I've been out playing 18 holes of golf today and been in the city for hours drinking while my missus been to work.

But I agree with your sentiments.

[YOUTUBE]x8W4DEMUSeM[/YOUTUBE]