You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are we fucked if..

Redder Lurtz

I think we can cope more without Gerrard, because we have depth in centre midfield and good players in Henderson, Adam, Meireles etc.

But Suarez is our cutting edge, he really gives our side something totally different upfront and in the final third, with his ability to create chance after chance.

We really need Suarez to stay fit this season if we want to challenge for the title. Hopefully next summer we can buy a Hazard or Mata type player to cope better if he gets injured.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can cope more without Gerrard, because we have depth in centre midfield and good players in Henderson, Adam, Meireles etc.

But Suarez is our cutting edge, he really gives our side something totally different upfront and in the final third, with his ability to create chance after chance.

We really need Suarez to stay fit this season if we want to challenge for the title. Hopefully next summer we can buy a Hazard or Mata type player to cope better if he gets injured.

Totally agree, Suarez has to stay fit, he's the type of player to stay fit but with his summer been as busy as it has been it is certainly a concern how vital he is going to be to making our season tick.

Totally agree, Suarez has to stay fit, he's the type of player to stay fit but with his summer been as busy as it has been it is certainly a concern how vital he is going to be to making our season tick.

Have to agree as well. However, signing a player like Hugo Rodellaga (for something like £9m) would go some way to lessen the burden on Suárez in the final third to provide some pace, trickery, and a goal threat. We desperately need a reliable third option in attack, a player with pace...

Suarez and Gerrard are injured? Seriously, where's the goalscoring creativity? And with our current defence we look seriously fucking weak right now.

a lot more than we had 6 months ago when all we had was an injured apathetic Torres and an injured Gerrard.

Now take Suarez and Gerrard out of the side and we're left with Carroll, Downing, Henderson, Adam. Not bad for 6 months considering we were supposed to be going the way of Leeds according to some

a lot more than we had 6 months ago when all we had was an injured apathetic Torres and an injured Gerrard.

Now take Suarez and Gerrard out of the side and we're left with Carroll, Downing, Henderson, Adam. Not bad for 6 months considering we were supposed to be going the way of Leeds according to some

Yeah and now we wont rely on a couple of players as we showed at the end of last season. Two very big players for us and i hope they don't get injured and be out for any period of time.

Downing and Adam should help creatively, but yes it is a worry. Suarez gives us something special in the final third and Gerrard, despite his injuries, is still our talisman. A lack of pace and guile, as well as mediocre centre backs, may be our downfall this season. Godin and Perriera would pretty much address the issues which I have just stated so I am hoping that we can pull off a miracle by signing the pair. Unlikely I know, but we can still dream.

Suarez is the ultimate flair player but we should be fine for this season, we all know what Adam and Gerrard can do and they can be very very useful. Players like Downing, Kuyt, Henderson and even Lucas are capable of being a creative force for us if needed. Towards the end of the season Lucas was picking out so beautiful passes so there's no reason to worry. More flair players would be ideal but i'm happy with who we've got and who we can possibly attract next summer.

Suarez is the ultimate flair player but we should be fine for this season, we all know what Adam and Gerrard can do and they can be very very useful. Players like Downing, Kuyt, Henderson and even Lucas are capable of being a creative force for us if needed. Towards the end of the season Lucas was picking out so beautiful passes so there's no reason to worry. More flair players would be ideal but i'm happy with who we've got and who we can possibly attract next summer.

Downing and Kuyt have proved they can score goals and create them. Henderrson did it in fits and bursts for Sunderland.

Lucas can't score goals and creates none either. He never has. He never will. So, please, behave.

Lucas can't score goals and creates none either. He never has. He never will. So, please, behave.

He isn't exactly Pele but he can create goals when he's on form, (and he can do that brilliantly on his day.) and even score from time to time. People give him too much shit. I really hope that you, Code and anyone else ripping him are eating some humble pie by the time the season is over.

I'm hoping that some day, the voices berating Lucas will be outnumbered by the fans who support him and the team. As strange as it might sound, we have been known to cope without Gerrard. Not something we could have said two or three years ago. We worry a little bit less when he's out injured. Suarez, however, is a different matter. There are very very few players quite like him in the league in my opinion.

We should be OK without Stevie, cause there's enough cover in that midfield department, and the lads weren't doing too bad without him when he was out injured.

Suarez is a total different kettle of fish, and I don't even want to go there. All I can add to that is, that he's name should be the first on the team sheet at all times, when fit.

That being said, I don't think we'll have to wait too long to find out, cause Suarez might not start against Sunderland, because of his Copa America involvement.

I just hope we get him back in the side, asap.

We won't win the title Nick even if they're both in the form of their lives, nor will it be relegation time if they're injured. It's a team thing with Liverpool now, gone are the days when we depended on individuals. Our goals under Kenny in the last half of the season were increasingly team goals, they were crafted with football, with having men in the box playing slick one-two stuff, not through relying on one or two players to beat three people and score.

I think people are underestimating how many of our young players will be getting games this season too. Dalglish is a pragmatist and I genuinely get the feeling this could be one of those 'you don't win anything with kids' seasons.