You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What is the point of Comolli? To waste Henry's money, it seems. He was feted as a guy who bought bargains to Spurs but I haven't seen any of this for Liverpool. He's just made us into a bunch of mugs that don't bother to negotiate and simply pay whatever any club demands for their players.

I imagine Comolli's transfer dealings go something like this:

DC: How much for Andy Carroll?

Mike Ashley: £20M *secretly hopes Liverpool offer at least £15M*

DC: We'll give you £35M and not a penny more

Mike Ashley: I reluctantly accept your offer *YES!!!*

You really suck at writing words on a forum.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SpiderLucas
I don't think anyone really understands the "FSG model", if one even exists.

Certainly Downing at £20m for a 27-year old would seem to suggest it's either a bit different to what many assumed, or isn't that strict.

This just about sums up what I thought of this “FSG Model” but I once saw a retweet he did to a Liverpool fan in which the fan asked something along the lines of “haven’t you seen Arsenal, buying kids doesn’t work you need to mix it with experience as well” and Henry replied “haven’t you looked at our roster? I think we have more than enough experience already!”

So the signing of Downing didn’t really make sense considering he will turn 27 in a week or so. I did think though, isn’t Downing the type of winger who age doesn’t actually affect as much? People like Lennon and Walcott who are just brainlessly quick they will slow down were as Downing was never really rapid to begin with.

Guest SpiderLucas
What is the point of Comolli? To waste Henry's money, it seems. He was feted as a guy who bought bargains to Spurs but I haven't seen any of this for Liverpool. He's just made us into a bunch of mugs that don't bother to negotiate and simply pay whatever any club demands for their players.

I imagine Comolli's transfer dealings go something like this:

DC: How much for Andy Carroll?

Mike Ashley: £20M *secretly hopes Liverpool offer at least £15M*

DC: We'll give you £35M and not a penny more

Mike Ashley: I reluctantly accept your offer *YES!!!*

I must have been imagining it when Tottenham had a £22.5m bid rejected the day before we signed him. :wallbutt:

People on here need to read what I’ve said, obviously over the internet it’s hard to see what emotion its wrote in but I REALLY like Damien Comolli and would of preferred some of his signing we were being linked with.

HOWEVER I’d like Dalglish to sign every player, I do like Comolli but Dalglish is to head strong to be given players to simply coach. Could you imagine what The King would say if Comolli said “I didn’t get Downing, but instead I give you these…” and introduces him to 4 random French lads?

I do like Comolli but I wonder if he was brought in to work under a different style of manager, but due to Dalglish being so successful and just being all round amazing. He won’t really be able to fulfil the role.

Do you like Comolli?

You really think the board would let the club spend that much money on one player without sanctioning it?

I think this is why they bought in DC. They want him to sanction these big money buys.

Needless to say I'm disappointed in his purchases thus far. For Spurs he brings in Modric, Bale, and Berbatov for peanuts but he's got us breaking the bank for Downing, Adam and Henderson. If we fail to qualify to the CL this season I expect him to get the sack.

I think this is why they bought in DC. They want him to sanction these big money buys.

Needless to say I'm disappointed in his purchases thus far. For Spurs he brings in Modric, Bale, and Berbatov for peanuts but he's got us breaking the bank for Downing, Adam and Henderson. If we fail to qualify to the CL this season I expect him to get the sack.

Peanuts? Really? Let's see now.

Comolli was involved in Spurs signing Bale for £7m in 2007. Bale was then not even 18. They signed Berbatov in 2006 for £11m. The world record transfer at the time was Zidane for little over 4 times that. They signed Modric in 2008 for £16m. That is £34m spent. Not exactly peanuts I'm sure you'll agree.

Peanuts? Really? Let's see now.

Comolli was involved in Spurs signing Bale for £7m in 2007. Bale was then not even 18. They signed Berbatov in 2006 for £11m. The world record transfer at the time was Zidane for little over 4 times that. They signed Modric in 2008 for £16m. That is £34m spent. Not exactly peanuts I'm sure you'll agree.

The other factor is that Commolli had to make the money go further, and always bear in mind sell-on value, due to Spurs being a selling club with relatively low expectations.

Which means you can take relatively expensive punts on lots of young players and give them plenty of time to settle in. The likes of Bale, Taraabt, Kaboul et al took a while to actually perform - in some cases after they'd left the club - but that was OK for Spurs.

We can't afford that luxury. We need top-class first team players NOW, so we ahve to pay for them.

fuck off back to your manc forums, you weirdo

I'm disappointed too. I mean, apart from Carroll and Suarez, the other Commolli/Dalglish purchases have done nothing for the club.

• 1 month later...

Ins

Jordan Henderson

Stewart Downing

Luis Suarez

Charlie Adam

Andrew Carroll

Charlie Adam

Doni

Sebastian Coates

Craig Bellamy

Outs

Milan Jovanovic

Paul Konchesky

Christian Poulsen

Joe Cole

Emiliano Insua

Sotoriois Kyrigiakos

Nabil El Zhar

David Ngog

Alberto Aquilani

and maybe Phillipp Degen.

. <---- There's your fucking point!

He's so fucking boss at clearing dead wood he should be a lumberjack

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRALrIl161sWXrIfSk6EDBB0Z9ZPXoF2AEjsHKfDd8W0094ssK3

I honestly thought we would be stuck with a load of this rubbish for atleast another 12months, but he has done a sterling job in flushing away the turds before the window shuts. He has earned his salary this summer!

Ins

Jordan Henderson

Stewart Downing

Luis Suarez

Charlie Adam

Andrew Carroll

Charlie Adam

Doni

Sebastian Coates

Craig Bellamy

Outs

Milan Jovanovic

Paul Konchesky

Christian Poulsen

Joe Cole

Emiliano Insua

Sotoriois Kyrigiakos

Nabil El Zhar

David Ngog

Alberto Aquilani

and maybe Phillipp Degen.

. <---- There's your fucking point!

Even managed to get 2 Charlie Adams!! Top fella..