You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Food foibles

Does anyone have any strange food habits they had as a kid that they never grew out of?

For instance, if I ever have a fried egg, I always eat around the yolk and save it till last. Also, when eating a meal, I always save a bit of everything so I can have the 'perfect mouthful' at the end.

Anyone else have strange eating habits?

I only eat the egg white if i absolutely have too. (Not to offend people)

Egg/beans/tomato's don't touch each other on the plate.

Tomato sauce goes on almost everything other then tomato based foods.

Still don't eat lamb, sprouts or most fish.

I cannot eat the fat on any meat, I cant even entertain the thought of eating liver anymore, not since as a kid I had a bit with a big fat white vein in it.

The slightest off smell on milk makes me retch, and I cant lick a minge if there is a hint of tuna.

Not sure if that is what you are asking but.........

Does anyone have any strange food habits they had as a kid that they never grew out of?

For instance, if I ever have a fried egg, I always eat around the yolk and save it till last. Also, when eating a meal, I always save a bit of everything so I can have the 'perfect mouthful' at the end.

I always do this.

Guest ShoePiss

Saving the best 'till last, not strange at all!

Guest The Big Green Bastard

i like to make swear words out of alphabetti spaghetti.

i play with my mash to make rude shapes.

When putting sauce on a pasty, i like to write 'muff' on it, therefore i am eating muff pie.

Hope this helps.

Brilliant shit thread, and duly repped.

I do The Perfect Mouthful every day. I look forward to it like a soldier likes coming home from war. Or something.

And I'll tell you something - I am still mentally and emotionally scarred from the rare occasions in life when a piece of grizzle or bone goes and fucks up The Perfect Mouthful.

is there ANYTHING worse? Seriously.

if I was ever going to have counselling about the things in life that have affected and shaped my life (for better or for worse) then I reckon that those ruined perfect mouthfuls throughout my life would without a doubt be right up there along with that time I got in that car with that Haribo and puppy salesman.

if I was ever going to have counselling about the things in life that have affected and shaped my life (for better or for worse) then I reckon that those ruined perfect mouthfuls throughout my life would without a doubt be right up there along with that time I got in that car with that Haribo and puppy salesman.

Why? Was that a less than perfect mouthful too?

The best perfect mouthful is always the last one of a roast dinner; six, seven, perfectly divided morsels, gravy, all gradually whittled down throughout the meal to ensure perfect equality at the final moment... shit! The pea's rolled off just as you put the fork in your mouth! Don't chew, get the runaway... get it in there, commence mastication and drift off to Sunday afternoon dinner table bliss. Fuck yes. Fellow OCD eaters duly repped.

I always leave my teaspoon in my cup of tea or coffee and stir it sporadically. I have a phobia of particles of tea/coffee collating at the bottom of the cup and making me gag when I drink the last of it

I also have to finish EVERYTHING on my plate regardless how big/small the portion is. I was guilt tripped as a child to believe that leaving any food uneaten was tantamount to personally causing famine to Ethiopian children because they'd be glad of it

THIS NEWS JUST IN:

I ordered a curry in last night (which was AMAZING) and my perfect mouthful at the end was fucking destroyed by some cunt of a cardamom pod!!

I'm still sad about it today.

I feel your pain brother. I've had many a swell curry ruined by the Dettol-effect of a rogue cardamum pob. Vile things