You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Sorry but has this been confirmed anywhere other than sky?

The original source was a united twitter account!

tony barrett said earlier the only player not traveling today with the under 21 squad was henderson..."fingers crossed" I would be disapointed if we did miss out on him but a lot of journo's like henry winter saying its practically a done deal.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You just know we will. That despite there being better value/players abroad.

It's strange that we don't seem to be looking much at players outside of this league. Well, we might have looked at them, but we don't seem too interested.

I agree on the midfielder part but in my opinion Young is a much poorer player than either Valencia or Nani. If the rumours of Nani leaving and being replaced by Young are true then I think it's a big step backwards for them. In fact if it meant we went after someone else I'd be delighted all round with it.

I think Jones has a lot of potential but as with any young centre half still makes the odd mistake. When I saw him play at the back end of the season he looked a couple of stone overweight as well although I'm sure they'll get him back into shape. I'd expect him to take Evans' spot in their squad which is an improvement like-for-like and I'd expect someone like Sunderland to buy him for a similar transfer fee to the one they're paying Blackburn so it won't have cost them a penny.

Good point on the Nani to Young transition. At best it would be a wash. They also downgraded drastically from Ronaldo to Nani.

Really not sure how you think Sunderland would stump 15+ on Jonny Evans though.

Good signing - have to remember the mancs have been tracking him for a while now and there interest was well known. Think we tried to get the jump on them and by the looks of it nearly pulled it off.

We're clearly in the market for another defender - Cahill or Dan maybe?

Yep - we pulled this off with Henderson who was another long term target of theirs but not with Jones unfortunately.

With regards Dann I think he's decent but he doesn't have half the potential of Jones although he's arguably playing at a slightly higher level than Jones right now.

It's strange that we don't seem to be looking much at players outside of this league. Well, we might have looked at them, but we don't seem too interested.

I think it is a very familiar pattern. Ged did alot with French players, Benitez from La Liga, because that was who they knew the best, especially at first.

Kenny is doing the same thing.

I think it is a very familiar pattern. Ged did alot with French players, Benitez from La Liga, because that was who they knew the best, especially at first.

Kenny is doing the same thing.

When has a foreign player ever moved before July 1st? Their window isn't open yet.

I can see us sorting out all our British deals now and then going abroad in July.

Two promising young players from unfancied teams, one not hugely better than the other, and neither we know very much about.

One looks like joining us, the other going some where else, the player coming to us seems to disappoint the majority where as the one going else where seems to have upset people that we've missed out.

I get the feeling some think we've missed a trick just because the other player is going to the mancs.

Its like some feel he must be amazing because the mancs want him, ridiculous.:whatever:

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Right, looks like he's on his way to United; it's time to step up the hate campaign. I'll go first:

I hope you get your foot stuck in the treadmill, you fucker.

Right, looks like he's on his way to United; it's time to step up the hate campaign. I'll go first:

I hope you get your foot stuck in the treadmill, you fucker.

I hope Ryan Giggs meets his mum and girlfriend.

And Rooney meets his gran.

On a completely irrelevant matter, it does make me smile that two weeks ago, we were reading endless articles on United's youngsters, and their apparent onward march to total dominance.

Two weeks later he is (it would seem) embarking on a near £80 million spending spree!

All this transfer would mean is that we can no focus on his shortcomings rather than conveniently ignore them!

Come on, he is clearly too short to be a centre half!

Fake-squirrel-rage.gif

See, proof that Squirrels are Ninjas!

And up middle finger to Jones, we have Kelly anyway. Kelly could be better than him, surprised it's not even being mentioned. And Jones will still need a good enough partner in defence for it to really work for them, let's hope Kelly has a better one if he's eventually placed at CB.

They'll get Jones, Young, De Gea and a central midfielder, probably Sneijder or Modric.

They still have the Ronaldo money and people assuming that they're skint because of the debt are in for a disappointment. Unfortunately they'll be a much better side next season.

But i'd rather focus on us, the question is, will we be a much better side? I honestly don't think the likes of Dann, Adam and Downing will make us a much better side, and they looked nailed on to be the next signings, especially the latter 2. Would still love Wickham though, just hope that we'll look abroad as well and get a good CB in for a fee that actually makes sense, and some damn wingers. Hopefully we're keeping our cards close to the chest which is why no one heard anything about us being in for any foreign players.

Why is it that people think United are going to "spend big"? I think they'll spend some money, but i don't see any reason to assume it'll be over and above what they've spent for the last couple of seasons.

Because De Gea, Jones (it seems), and Young they have spent close to sixty million!

Modric (especially if they are throwing money about) or Sneijder are going to cost near to £30 million! that is between £80-90 million, not exactly a normal year (sorry that sounds snotty, don't mean that).

It has been reported the Steve Kean has dimissed the story on Local Radio!

Well, our cards were damn close to our chest with Henderson. I expect the rest of the window will be the same. We certainly have learnt how to finish deals, first concrete report of a deal in the offing and it is followed a couple of hours later with a confirmed deal. Bosh!

Going off what Tom has said about Phil Jones, we have our valuation and we will walk away if necessary. Textbook dealing.

I love this transfer window already.