You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our Lowest Premier League attendance?

laddo

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To perpetuate the myth of thousands of locals who are desperate to attend the game. What they mean is they don't like being deprived of attending the big games. When the opportunity is there they are conspicuous by their absence.

One of the most deprived areas in the country

Do you expect people to go and watch that with their kids for 150 quid?

To perpetuate the myth of thousands of locals who are desperate to attend the game. What they mean is they don't like being deprived of attending the big games. When the opportunity is there they are conspicuous by their absence.

They're desperate to go all the games, not pick up the scraps when day-trippers can't be arsed.

It's also the product of years and years of putting two fingers up to local supporters who were shunned in order to accommodate day trippers who'll spend in the clubs shop etc. As Barry Wom has said' date=' why should all these local people who've been told to fuck off over the years suddenly want to make up the numbers now ?[/quote']

I agree that the ticketing policy over the last few years has a potential bubble of its own.

But I believe that all fans are feeling the same way regardless. Under normal circumstances, If day tripper tickets hadn't been sold due to public holiday logistics, fans closer to the ground would have snapped up the tickets in a heartbeat.

Hopefully the owners will not be given a load of spin why the attendance is down and appreciate that they have to invest to produce a product people will pay money to see. For exactly Barry's point. Loads of lads who are loyal supporters and would normally go week in week out regardless are lost to the club. The attendance is now more volatile related to the performance.

They're desperate to go all the games, not pick up the scraps when day-trippers can't be arsed.

They cant be that desperate though because if you have an all red memebership its easy enough to build up the loyalty which means it would be no problem to go to all games lets say next season.

I agree that the ticketing policy over the last few years has a potential bubble of its own.

But I believe that all fans are feeling the same way regardless. Under normal circumstances, If day tripper tickets hadn't been sold due to public holiday logistics, fans closer to the ground would have snapped up the tickets in a heartbeat.

Were they actually selling tickets at the ticket office, though, or was it online/phone only (to cream off the additional 'booking fee' for the privilege of buying a ticket, er, directly from the club)?

Were they actually selling tickets at the ticket office, though, or was it online/phone only (to cream off the additional 'booking fee' for the privilege of buying a ticket, er, directly from the club)?

How does it work with Thomas cook though. Do they buy up the tickets up ahead anyway? and then sell a package? I presume they dont get a refund if they cant sell it on?

There was abundance of ticket sellers operating just a few feet away from the T/O. It's also less fuss dealing with the touts.

If someone really wanted to get a ticket for every game and was a local lad I am sure they could have done it in previous seasons? When the PTS was around they could have got on that and then could have gone to every game. When I was on it I could go to all the games if I wanted. Where do the touts get their tickets from? They're worse than the tickets going to Thomas Cook as no money is going back into the club yet there they are game after game charging ridiculous prices to some games.

I honeslty thought the OOT debate was just a RAWK/LFC.tv thing, and had been put to bed years ago!

Tickets are hard for all to get hold of, unless your a corporate, and even then they are wasted.

Like a cunt, I handed back my ST when I got posted to Germany many years ago, and despite once having one, I gave up waiting for the endless queue to get another after I came home for good.

Sadly we dont have turnstyle tickets any more, so we are all in the same boat, and as for using the old, "Liverpool locals are broke and cant spend XXX amount on a ticket", fuck off, Liverpool is in no worse state than 90% of the country, and its about time people realised that.

If you want a ticket, you can get one, one way or another, please stop using the old "scousers are worse off than everyone else", its bollocks.

This isnt the 70/80s you know, and Thatcher isnt in charge.

Fucking OOT debate, fucks me right off.

Red is Red, it doesnt matter where you come from.

I agree with Hermes.

Fucking Locals. Not paying £40 a ticket...for a New Years Day game...against Bolton....when where playing the worst football we've ever played.

PS. There where only tickets for sale on the day in the Anfield Road End.

There was a pay turnstile today

They cant be that desperate though because if you have an all red memebership its easy enough to build up the loyalty which means it would be no problem to go to all games lets say next season.

Why should they need one of them? Does watching the team home and away for 30 years not make you "all red"? It's a fucking joke.

Red is Red, it doesnt matter where you come from.

You're right. But that's not what is debated. Hermes is saying it proves locals aren't gagging to get the match. I am saying locals who've gone for 30 years then had their tickets and access to tickets taken away to feed the corporate machine and day tripper packages, can't be blamed for choosing to stay in the pub when all of a sudden those people have decided it's not convenient for them to go. Why should they be criticised for wanting to go to all games not just the shit games or matches at inconvenient times for corporates and day-trippers?

Why should they need one of them? Does watching the team home and away for 30 years not make you "all red"? It's a fucking joke.

Why is it a joke?

I`d say complaining about not getting tickets when you "easily" can get them through the membership scheme is a fucking joke.

There might be some negatives with it but the positives easily outweigh them.

You're right. But that's not what is debated. Hermes is saying it proves locals aren't gagging to get the match. I am saying locals who've gone for 30 years then had their tickets and access to tickets taken away to feed the corporate machine and day tripper packages, can't be blamed for choosing to stay in the pub when all of a sudden those people have decided it's not convenient for them to go. Why should they be criticised for wanting to go to all games not just the shit games or matches at inconvenient times for corporates and day-trippers?

Tickets and access to tickets taken away from them?

Please elaborate?