You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Code

Have seen us been linked with him from several sources the last few days, personally I think there might still be a superb player in there, but not sure this is the best place for him to get back in shape and get the playing time he need.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked like a real talent didnt he when he burst on the scene, very tidy passer of the ball, technically looked good, but fuck meee has he piled on the pounds!!! Dread to think what hes stuffing his with right now as i type.

To be honest, might be worth the gamble,still young,talented,can we get his hunger back (to play football), weve got the best medical department about to sort the gut out in no time, defo wont get a look in at Citeh now.

Would definitely take him off their hands for free.

But I'd have Kenny doing one-to-one with him constantly, get him to realise how lucky he is to have this opportunity and how short life if.

He's more than capable of turning into Steve Gerrard Mk II, maybe he needs to move in with a player, a la Carroll with Nolan.

18 month contract, max. If he can't get himself on the right road by then then fuck him off.

The very fact City would be willing to let him join us tells you all you need to know about where the lad is heading.

Heaps of ability but thought he was 'bigtime' after making 5 appearences.

Didnt have the charachter to see himself through a rotten run of injuries....really unlucky.

The least he could of done was keep his weight down. He ballooned. Not really the conduct of a professional.

He had his chance.....and he probably has people in his ear telling him how lucky he is to be in the position he is but he's fucked it.

If he is serious about getting his career back on track he should go to one of the championships promotion hopefuls and start from there.

Adam Johnson on the other hand could be a good player. If he was a bit more intelligent he would already be a top player. Hasn't been consistant enough to get many games with City which shouldn't really be a problem for someone with his 'ability'.

Not convinced by neither Johnson

Should be aiming for someone younger

No tar, the only fat people who should play footy is maradona or Pavorotti. As for Adam Johnson, the snivelling little shit, good player but sorry, I couldn't cope with his posturing, seriously the guy is a rotten shit of the Robben variety so I'd rather watch Kuyt twat the ball at the fullback's back real hard and Konchesky hitting first man after first man before retreiving the ball for a throw in thanks.

4132849258-29092009010501.jpg

No thanks. Surprised Code thinks he could be a good player considering his less than charitable attitude towards Lucas (iirc). Johnson has never looked that special, good player with a passing range but has never played enough to build a proper opinion. Just has a rep based on a few appearances years ago.

4132849258-29092009010501.jpg

No thanks. Surprised Code thinks he could be a good player considering his less than charitable attitude towards Lucas (iirc). Johnson has never looked that special, good player with a passing range but has never played enough to build a proper opinion. Just has a rep based on a few appearances years ago.

Is that a recent picture?

Fuck sake, he`s even fatter than me and I hang up my boots 8 years ago.

The reason I think he could be a great player Pidge is because in the few games I have seen him he has shown more ability going forward than what Lucas has ever done if you want a direct comparison between them.

Showed a great deal of promise when he first emerged but that picture should set alarm bells ringing as he's clearly out of shape. Even on a free I'd be wary given his injury record, but he's the kind of player who could well prove a bargain for lower-mid-table team.

Is that a recent picture?

Fuck sake, he`s even fatter than me and I hang up my boots 8 years ago.

The reason I think he could be a great player Pidge is because in the few games I have seen him he has shown more ability going forward than what Lucas has ever done if you want a direct comparison between them.

Fair enough.

I don't know when it's from but considering he appears to be dressed for action in that state is a clear concern.