You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spirit Of Shankly: Season Ticket Waiting List

SpiritOfShankly

Season Ticket Waiting List

Thursday 21st October 2010

After receiving a large amount of enquires from members on this matter, Spirit Of Shankly would like to address the questions raised.

On 5th September 2010, we received an email from a member concerning the season ticket waiting list and the issue of new season tickets potentially being issued as corporate seating. On the same day, the email was passed onto the club via our Club Liaison Officer.

On 8th September 2010 we received a reply from the club which stated "The club are developing plans to improve communications with the fans on the waiting list and hope to activate that process by the end of the year. We don't give season tickets to corporates."

We explained this at our EGM on 25th September 2010.

Following this, the member who sent the initial query then produced documentation he had received from the club, supporting his claim for a season ticket based upon what the club had told him. This was again passed onto the club and the outcome was he received guarantees from the club that there had been an administration error and that he will receive a season ticket at the start of next season.

While we understand the frustrations of our members who are on the list, this is an issue between the club and an individual. We acted as a conduit to allow the member to ask questions and the club to provide answers, given the circumstances. The most common request in all the emails we have received was if we could find out where people are on the list. We have asked the club if this is possible and they have told us it is a matter between them (the club) and the named person and they can and will only deal with that person.

If any member does receive any correspondence from the club and feel they are not getting treated in the right manner then the Union will be happy to take up there case with the club if asked.

The season ticket waiting list and ticketing issues in general are something Spirit of Shankly are hoping to discuss with the new owners during any future dialogue.

This is the first time I have ever posted on this board, the reason I have is that i know for an absolute fact the club do not have the ordering for the

first 20,000 or so people on the waiting list, all the pre-fancard era

applications.

The problem is the pre-fan card applications were literally

kept in written records in a series of books. When these paper records

where first transfered to electronic form some of the paper records were lost , so there are people out there who think they have been on the waiting list for years but their application has been lost , also for the rest, of which there are about 20,000, the ordering was lost when they were saving the data and transfering it to different format's , consequently, they simply dont know who number 1 on the waiting list and who number 20,000 is, that's why the club will not give anybody a position on the season ticket waiting list , because they dont know themselves what your exact position is. Proper records were only kept form 2004 onwards, the start of the fan card era. As of 2008, there were 67,000 on the waiting list

This is the first time I have ever posted on this board, the reason I have is that i know for an absolute fact the club do not have the ordering for the

first 20,000 or so people on the waiting list, all the pre-fancard era

applications.

The problem is the pre-fan card applications were literally

kept in written records in a series of books. When these paper records

where first transfered to electronic form some of the paper records were lost , so there are people out there who think they have been on the waiting list for years but their application has been lost , also for the rest, of which there are about 20,000, the ordering was lost when they were saving the data and transfering it to different format's , consequently, they simply dont know who number 1 on the waiting list and who number 20,000 is, that's why the club will not give anybody a position on the season ticket waiting list , because they dont know themselves what your exact position is. Proper records were only kept form 2004 onwards, the start of the fan card era. As of 2008, there were 67,000 on the waiting list

This doesn't surprise me 1 little bit, what a fuck up!

Was automatic entry to the waiting list a perk of the fancard system?

Whereas even if you never requested you were just added to the waiting list anyway?

I remember there being a box you could tick on the fancard application form to join the waiting list, not sure about anything being automatic. I could see them puting people on automaticly though just to build the numbers back up again after there fuck up maybe?

Guest ShoePiss

Back in 2007 I sent an email to get confirmation on my status, here was the response (I've been on the list since the early 90's) :-

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the Season Ticket Waiting list.

We are unable to relate your entry to the Waiting List to a time scale due to the lack of Season Tickets we are able to offer on a Season to Season basis. The issue of new Season Tickets is dependent on the number of existing Season Tickets Holders who do not wish to take up their option of renewal. In view of this we are unable to give you any estimate as to when you will be successful.

Your reference number on the waiting list is 6xxx

Please quote your reference numbers in any future correspondence relating to the Waiting List.

Please take care to notify us in writing of any change of address or personal details as an offer will be made only once, and if not accepted for any reason you will be removed from the list.

NB: the reference number supplied above does not relate to your position on the waiting list, this number will be used by us to locate your details whenever necessary.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Louise

Louise Howard

Customer Services

Liverpool Football Club

Summer 1998 i went on.

I'm going to write to them this week. I'll see what they say and if i'm not happy i'll be on to SOS like a shot.

Surely NESV would love to sort this out. They build the ground or do anfield up knowing they have the money in the bank from those on the list willing to take one!

I remember me mates dad saying he had been on the waiting list for over 10 years, that was about 6 years ago and he still hasn't got one as far as i know.

When were season tickets introduced to Liverpool? Me dad said he applied for one when they were 1st introduced, but they offered him two and he has had them ever since.

I have been on the waiting list for YEARS. I have all but given up now.

I imagine that i will get one when im too old to go at this rate.

Looks like you're just going to have to play the old wait..... oh.

One of the things that was not mentioned to the owners is the mess the situation is in. It is a bit of a minefield because personally I understand why some have given them to mates etc and that is that but basically touts with multiple season tickets is wrong.

Probably next to impossible to sort out, as the touts get round it one way or another. The only thing would sort it out is a 70,000 thousand stadium, were seats on most games outstrip demand.