You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Too good to be relegated?

StevieH

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are currently in the relegation zone.

To get out of the relegation zone, we will need to score goals.

How are we going to score the required amount of goals when we have only ONE capable striker at the club. N'Gog has improved immensely, but he's too young to carry the burden of replacing Nando.

Rafa failed to address this in his last season and it cost him his job, and us CL qualification.

Now Roy seems to have failed to spot the elephant in the room too.

I fully appreciate the fact that the two despicable tumours who own the club didn't give much money for Roy to play with pre-season, but why did he waste over £20 million on a goalie, a full back (when we had a better one in place) another holding midfielder (FFS) and another midfielder? It was imperative we signed another quality striker with what money we had.

No creativity on the wings and nothing up front means we are knackered....at least until the next transfer window.

So the answer to the question is yes...we can get relegated.

We have a Newcastle feel about us when they went down a few seasons ago with Owen in the team

I have to say the recent English additions are rubbish ie Johnson from last season, and Cole this season. Roy's tactics have been rubbish too

I don't even mind if while adjusting we get plenty of 0-0 draws. It looks like we can't defend for nuts, and definitely can't score to save our lives

I miss the days when all we debated are zonal marking and rotation.

Fucking hell, we've gone from 'get rid of Benitez and we'll be a title challenging team' to 'are we too good for relegation' in the space of what, 4 months?

You can say what you like about 'early days' etc, but, in every single game we have played so far this season, we have been worse than we were last season. And that's saying something as we served up some ripe old horse shit for much of the time then.

But you could at least see a team in there, which is what made the last manager such a frustrating experience for so much of the time. This season, I don't see a decent team on the pitch at all. I see it in the squad names, but during matches, the only place where it counts, I am seeing nothing at all.

I am far from panicking, but Livrerpool FC is not immune from relegation and looking on the bright side of the road ain't going to help the cause one bit. We are in the shit and the sooner that we acknowledge that and prepare for the storm to come, the better.

comical_ali.jpg

"We'll be fine, we're way too good to go down."

In all seriousness, it's far too early to be talking about relegation. We're not far off the top 4 points-wise - not saying we'll get it or that it's acceptable to be that far back already, but it shows how compressed the league still is while it's in it's infancy.

Of more concern is the manager, and the attitude of the squad. In my opinion, it seems like everyone is looking to the RBS deadline. The players are waiting to see if fresh interest in the club will be drummed up and if we're therefore capable of going anywhere in the immediate term. We're in limbo, and the manager doesn't have the personality or the gravitas to be able to focus them. When he's lacking in tactical ideas as well, we've got some problems.

Defo.

Been saying this since he was appointed.

I backed Blackpool today at 9/1 totally confident i would pick up.

The man is a disaster area.

Hes already completely rattled.

I can see us losing every game until he is fired.

Its a perfect opportunity for Thommo in my view, as Kenny wont be allowed.

best supporters in the world

Any team, no matter how good on paper, can be relegated. We are not playing well enough, we are in the bottom three and, for those of you saying it's too early to worry about it, NO IT FUCKING ISN'T.

Our record this season is appauling, we are averaging less than a point a game even against opposition that we should be tearing apart. But we're not, we are making THEM look good.

I don't care if we have a starting 11 of top class full internationals they are lacking passion, aggression and most importantly the will to win isn't there. Take Blackpool, they have been promoted and are playing with the passion we lack and it's costing us alot of points and we are seriously looking relegation in the face if we can't turn it around. Too many teams have thought the same, we are too good to go down and at the end of the season they have fans in tears wondering were it all went wrong. For all of them it went wrong at this time in the season, confidence gets knocked, belief in their own ability goes out the window and the championship looms large.

I've got no problem with giving the - any - manager time to implement his ideas.

Problem is - and maybe someone can answer this without the resort to cheap jibes! - what are these ideas Roy is trying to implement? Because I've seeen precious little evidence so far of anything more than a man flailing around desperately, and sinking faster as a result.

That's the problem for me.

• 2 weeks later...

You won't go down. we see a club in this position every year, and they always pull clear of the drop. We've seen it with Spurs more than once, in recent years.

The problem for the rest of us near the bottom is that, because you won't be in the bottom 3, come May, someone else will be. You won't be in the top 4 either, mind you.

You're having one truly awful season (so far), but so what?

I've said it before on here, and I'll say it again, if you really think things are bad, try being us or any other perennial bottom 6 team. Until then, there's really no need for all the girly screaming.

You won't go down. we see a club in this position every year, and they always pull clear of the drop. We've seen it with Spurs more than once, in recent years.

The problem for the rest of us near the bottom is that, because you won't be in the bottom 3, come May, someone else will be. You won't be in the top 4 either, mind you.

You're having one truly awful season (so far), but so what?

I've said it before on here, and I'll say it again, if you really think things are bad, try being us or any other perennial bottom 6 team. Until then, there's really no need for all the girly screaming.

:wallbutt: fuck off

Wigan, and I've been through far worse than any of you are going through now.

From crowds of 1300 and putting money in buckets to pay the player's wages, to fighting for recognition from the press in our own town, who would have the world convinced that average crowds of 12,000 turning up to watch the other lot makes Wigan a rugby town.

Trust me, you have it easy.

• 2 months later...