You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

From what I remember of the 70s most of the players then could actually play football, some of them were just better at it than others. Today we seem to spend most of the time watching teams packed with football players that don’t appear to be able to play football at all.

I wasnt around back then but from what i have been told and seen in old footage, we need to get the current players on the pie'n'pint diet...you never know

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, he has more creativity about him. We could have kept and pushed Gerrard back with Meireles and Aquilani playing behind Torres. And the 5 million we spunked on Poulsen could have went towards a striker. Juve got some deal, offload a yard dog and bring in a half decent player who might actually create something in a game or grab you a goal.

We were right to get rid of Aquilani. His replacement isn't Poulsen; its Meireles and he's a superior player.

We were right to get rid of Aquilani. His replacement isn't Poulsen; its Meireles and he's a superior player.

Would Roy have played Aquilani wide-right as well then?

He was never going to fit into Hodgson's style of play anyway. Unless there was a need to get him off the wage bill, there was little point getting rid of Aquilani, even if Meireles was going to be first choice, it would have been nice to have another centre mid who wasn't just a destructive player.

He was never going to fit into Hodgson's style of play anyway. Unless there was a need to get him off the wage bill, there was little point getting rid of Aquilani, even if Meireles was going to be first choice, it would have been nice to have another centre mid who wasn't just a destructive player.

Danny. Murphy.

Well he is at home on the right wing.

He didn't fit into Benitez' style of play, either. I called it at the time of his signing, he just looked like a player managers struggle to integrate into a position that best suits the player and the team. Not to mention his lack of mental toughness. Him crying off games because he's got the shits doesn't really do him any favours in the attitude department.

would not be surprised to see super dan back in jan, he would be big improvement over what we already have.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

yes going backwards is the order of the day with roy

Funny thing is Fulham fans think he's past it and want him dropped, yet he would improve liverpool....just shows the sad state of the club

poulsen is absolute crap, to think that we gave juve £5 million and alberto aquilani free for one year is a joke he should of had more time i tought he was awsome last year against villa,spurs,pompey,burnley,chelsea,benfica,atletico, or when he hit the crossbar in two games on the spin against atletico and chelsea he's not a alonso he's a pirlo,

i think we should get king kenny in and play a narrow diamond in midfield like a.c milan in 2007 when they destroyed all before them have the full backs bombing on when we get caught on the break have agger deploy into a 3 man defence unit also, kaka and gerrard are the same style player so i think he'd relish the kaka style free role

riena

johnson ayala skrtel mavwinga

agger

merelies aquilani

gerrard

cole

kuyt/torres when back fit and firing

Guest Captain Jonjo
Now that I have PES I can finally confirm that Lucas and Meireles are indeed a very good midfield partnership. Come on Roy, pull you finger out.

Lucas was a rock in my Liverpool team in FM, used to play him in a supportive attacking role. This confirms that he is quality, if only these so called managers knew how to play him.....:whistle:

The norwegian newspaper VG, are telling Poulsen to change sports. After being at fault the the two goals against Portugal, in their 1-3 loss, the newspapers are not in a good mood. One paper also gives him a 0 in player ratings. Some players we are getting to LFC. Roy's the man.

Some Danish guy posted this on the offy (I editted it abit though as it was in dodgy English).

The norwegian newspaper VG, are telling Poulsen to change sports. After being at fault the the two goals against Portugal, in their 1-3 loss, the newspapers are not in a good mood. One paper also gives him a 0 in player ratings. Some players we are getting to LFC. Roy's the man.

Some Danish guy posted this on the offy (I editted it abit though as it was in dodgy English).

Oh the irony.

Only kidding lad. I wish i could find something to joke about with Poulsen. But there's nothing even remotely funny about this situation. Using £5m from a very empty transfer pot is always risky. Using it on a 30 year old is suicidal. Using it on Poulsen is just unbelievable.

Some Danes may correct me if im wrong, but I think it was the danish paper Ekstrabladet that gave him a 0 match rating an told him to change sport.

• 1 year later...

Poulsen wants Anfield exit

by Setanta Staff , 05 February 2012 Midfielder demands Reds exit

Christian Poulsen says his career with Liverpool is over and he will not stay and battle for his first-team place.

The Danish midfielder struggled to make at impact at Anfield after arriving from Juventus for £4.5million and has spent this season on loan at French outfit Evian.

The player is due to return to Merseyside at the end of the campaign but he would prefer to stay with Evian and will push for a move away from Liverpool.

"From the start I stated I would finish the season here. Nowadays I say I could remain after the summer," the midfielder told L'Equipe. "Moreover, I have three children. It is difficult for them to change city all the time.

"Liverpool? It is over for me there. If I was a 25-year-old it could be different, but I will be 32 and I am not interested in being a number 20 player.

"Here, when I talk to a player, I know it could be helpful. I feel more important here than at Liverpool."

Poulsen will still have a year to run on his contract so Liverpool will have to decide whether to let him go for free or demand a transfer fee.

Poulsen wants Anfield exit | Setanta

I'm a bit confused.com here. Thought we sold him for good.

He's not even in the squad on the offal:

First Team - Liverpool FC