You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
That's alright, they must be ace then. Only really nice honest people become rich.

What are you so touchy about these days :D

I have visions of you, sat in a dark room with a lap top and chain smoking whilst hitting F5. Blood shot eyes through sleep depravation. 'Fucking Chinese. Fucking Syrians. *F5* Indians? *toke* Fucking Indians?'.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
That's the mein thing.

All the journalists hyping this up are pretty stupid. It never fails to amaze me just how dim sum people are.

I have visions of you, sat in a dark room with a lap top and chain smoking whilst hitting F5. Blood shot eyes through sleep depravation. 'Fucking Chinese. Fucking Syrians. *F5* Indians? *toke* Fucking Indians?'.

This made me laugh, mainly because I pictured Asterix doing all off these things.

*Obelix sticks his head in the door*

-Asterix? are you okay? Getafix thinks you should come outside and get some sun.

-Fuck off and tell that woolyback cunt to mind his own business!

Haha, you're not far wrong.

I'm just fed up being taken for a ride mate, and there is not a chance in hell I am trusting anyone just because they have money.

You seem to be making out I'm a bit racist there though, which is not the case. I couldn't give a crap if Huang was from Walton Breck Road; he's a bullshitter.

End of the day, I will judge them by the job they do if they manage to buy us.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You seem to be making out I'm a bit racist there though

Fuck no. Didn't even cross my mind, mate.

I'm with you, though. I'm not trusting any of them. Huang's bid has been changing from us being the richest club in the world, to not knowing if he has any money. The thing with the Indian bid (if they are actually going to bid) is that they do, without doubt, have tons of cash.

If we're going to sell our soul, again, then we might as well learn from the mistakes of the past and get a good price for it.

Fuck no. Didn't even cross my mind, mate.

I'm with you, though. I'm not trusting any of them. Huang's bid has been changing from us being the richest club in the world, to not knowing if he has any money. The thing with the Indian bid (if they are actually going to bid) is that they do, without doubt, have tons of cash.

If we're going to sell our soul, again, then we might as well learn from the mistakes of the past and get a good price for it.

I dont think the sale of the club cannot be conducted in any other way.

Does this mean we'll be singing, 'You'll Never Wok Alone' before every game. And will they replace scouse pies with chicken TerryMacci? :-)

Ha ha! I hope Broughton doesn't Huang around. We might just end up jumping out of the frying pan and into the wok!

That is so page one.

Liverpool's owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are ready to become unlikely boardroom allies in a bid to sell the club to Syrian businessman Yahya Kirdi.

Sunday Mirror Sport understands that the two Americans are ready to join forces once again to back Canada-based Kirdi’s £600million plan to take over at Anfield.

Hicks and Gillett, who fell out spectacularly in the aftermath of the failed attempt to replace Rafa Benitez with Jurgen Klinsmann three years ago, have been forced into a reconciliation by Kennth Huang’s attempt to sideline them with a takeover plan that would see his Sportscorp China Ltd group purchase the club in a deal that would pay off Liverpool’s £237m debts and force the Americans out with a tiny profit.

Sunday Mirror Sport revealed in April that Huang wanted to buy Liverpool. And his offer has won support from chairman Martin Broughton, managing director Christian Purslow and director Ian Ayre.

The trio are in a position to win a majority vote if Huang’s plan is put before Liverpool’s five-man board after Gillett and Hicks recruited Broughton in March to oversee the sale of the club.

Hicks and Gillett would have to mount a legal challenge to stop the sale of Liverpool against their wishes. And that scenario now seems likely to materialise following Kirdi’s announcement that he has agreed a deal with the two owners.

A source close to the Americans said: “Liverpool will not be sold unless the deal is acceptable to the current owners. Their valuation of the club remains unchanged and it is ludicrous to think that any bid will be accepted that doesn’t meet this criteria, regardless of the make-up of the boardroom.”

Read more: Tom Hicks and George Gillett would prefer to sell Liverpool to Syrian businessman Yahya Kirdi in opposed to Kenny Huang - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk