You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa 99% certain to leave after pay-off agreed

ReddOrDedd

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xin_13050226085332463415.jpg

Gutted, really fuckin gutted. End of an era.

Rafa will clean up wherever he goes next with good backing, mark my fuckin words. Let's see if the Rafa out brigade are so happy in 12 months time because one thing's for sure, whoever (and i dread to think who those cancerous bastards will appoint) is in charge will not be taking us any fuckin higher with a couple of million to play with. We are fucked.

Didn't Rafa sue Valencia for a couple of hundred thousand quid when he left, and got it? I can't see him taking something like the reported £13M drop in pay off money without getting his lawyers on the case. The three million may be the figure payable to him for the next five years.

That's the sort of the deal the cunts who are fucking our club up would cobble together.

As for those wanking till they shoot blood over the possibility of Rafa's departure - be careful what you wish for. O'Neil, Mark Hughes, Roy Hodgson, Alan Curbishley are the first four shit Brits the 'meejah' are putting in the frame for the vacancy, if it occurs. Be afraid..........be very, very, very, fucking afraid.

It's all very sad but it's the right decision. Sad because he did great things for a while and sad because he couldn't complete the job. He clearly developed a love for the club and the city but unfortunately what we've seen this season on the pitch has not been right. He's made some great decisions and some awful ones. But we're not moving forward and it's time for change. It's certainly not all his fault, there are greater problems damaging us, but he hasn't helped this year.

So thanks Rafa, good luck but it's best for all of us.

Guest Pistonbroke
and if you are not a rafa hater on here then your out of place

You know that isn't the case. I'd say the majority of posters on here can hold a level headed discussion about Benitez regardless of which side of the fence they sit. RAWK is just a multitude of sheep following a few über fans who spout fancy 40 paragraph posts on why they love the Club and Benitez blah blah blah.

It's all very sad but it's the right decision. Sad because he did great things for a while and sad because he couldn't complete the job. He clearly developed a love for the club and the city but unfortunately what we've seen this season on the pitch has not been right. He's made some great decisions and some awful ones. But we're not moving forward and it's time for change. It's certainly not all his fault, there are greater problems damaging us, but he hasn't helped this year.

So thanks Rafa, good luck but it's best for all of us.

As for those wanking till they shoot blood over the possibility of Rafa's departure - be careful what you wish for. O'Neil, Mark Hughes, Roy Hodgson, Alan Curbishley are the first four shit Brits the 'meejah' are putting in the frame for the vacancy, if it occurs. Be afraid..........be very, very, very, fucking afraid.

The media will be campaigning for an english manager like theres no tomorrow, kenny will either be appointed to deflect criticism of the current regime I expect but its going to definately be a 'yes' man either way

One good thing I hope we can all agree on, is that this should bring an end to some of the divisiveness which has really ruined being a fan of LFC in the last couple of years. We can hopefully now all get behind the club again, and all unite against the yanks.

I don't know about anything anymore weather or not its a good thing or bad thing. In my mind Rafa's a world class manager who has brought the club on since he arrived and he should always have a place in the hearts of Liverpool fans. He may have started to loose it last season and it looks like he lost the players too. Under normal circumstances (with good stable owners) I would be more optimistic about securing a quality replacement and moving forward. But if we are to fear the worst having a coach Rafa's quality might be a distant dream in a couple of years.

That said we should be looking at Hiddink or similar quality as his replacement. Kenny as an interim solution seems to be on the cards imo.

THANK YOU and I wish you all the luck in the future.

Replacement is Kenny, nailed on, from a good source.

is this a good thing? he hasn't managed in about 10 years. as much as I love the man, the game has moved on a lot since he was last in management. if rafa is going they should have someone better to replace him not the ambassador of the club. Kenny Dalglish is a choice that is too sentimental.

If 'player power' had as much to do with Rafa's dismissal as Purslow and Gerrard are telling Maddock, surely whoever comes in next will have to be a yes-man? As already discussed ad nauseum: we're not an attractive proposition to the elite coaches, and most are already employed anyway. Pellegrini would certainly be good for the owners/powerful players in that he's used to being neutered. A greasy Roy Evans, if you will.

This leaves yet another power vacuum, but this one's on the already disastrous playing side.

Also, those who've been saying for the last few months "It's sound - we'll get Mourinho" will get a rude fucking awakening.

From Monday I wont have to put up with all the bollocks going on until the end of September. I usually do a complete media blackout when I'm abroad and this will be one summer that I swear, I wont be looking at any sports sites, reading papers or watching the Tele.

I'll be stress free for a whole summer.

Jealous???