You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Happy Rumour Mill (Takeover bids, transfer talks etc)

WhiskeyJar

gary mac, in your opinion which one was the most effective last season cole or aqualini??? neither have the reputation for been 40 games a season men, i agree both can play in that position, but having that german for that price at 21 would be bargain of the season imo and too good of an oppertunity to miss out on

Wrong German.

Sami Khedira will be the bargain of the season.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gary mac, in your opinion which one was the most effective last season cole or aqualini??? neither have the reputation for been 40 games a season men, i agree both can play in that position, but having that german for that price at 21 would be bargain of the season imo and too good of an oppertunity to miss out on

Between they'll manage a full season, also Gerrard and Lucas can play there. We have such a tight budget you wanna go blow it on a position we're quite strong in? Ignoring out desperate need for a left back and a new striker.

According to some different twitter sources: L'Equipe expect LFC to sign Loïc Rémy on 5-year deal for €55,000 a week. Other sources expect fee to be €14.5m with 20% sell-on clause.. can't say i've seen any of him.. anyone think it's a good deal?

Options if Torres is out and options at left back have to be what we address next.

Jovo, Kuyt, Nemeth, N'Gog, LDV.

Left back is the only vital position. If we can get Remy for good money then by all means. But we need two left backs. Figueroa and Arbeloa please.

Then a replacement for Mascha. Poulsen, Annan or Cambiasso would do.

Jovo, Kuyt, Nemeth, N'Gog, LDV.

I don't see Jovanovic or Kuyt as direct replacements for Torres. They would be 3rd and 4th choice front men for me.

Nemeth isn't yet good enough and seems to be on the way out. Same can be said for N'Gog.

Dalla Valle hasn't played that many reserve team games yet let alone been part of the first team squad. A good talent but not yet ready to be part of the squad on a consistent basis.

I don't see Jovanovic or Kuyt as direct replacements for Torres. They would be 3rd and 4th choice front men for me.

Nemeth isn't yet good enough and seems to be on the way out. Same can be said for N'Gog.

Dalla Valle hasn't played that many reserve team games yet let alone been part of the first team squad. A good talent but not yet ready to be part of the squad on a consistent basis.

Kuyt and Jovo have both led the line in the past, both can do the job. Nemeth and N'Gog may well not make it, but they are here at the moment, both have a good touch and can finish. LDV is highly rated by Roy and is a natural finisher in the box, if the team plays high enough he could well make an impact.

My point is that it really shouldn't be a priority right now. Left back is our biggest issue and maybe a DM if Mascha leaves. If Torres gets injured the best thing we can do is to maintain a game focussed around playing in the opponent's half, ensuring that the replacement isn't stranded.

Closing this as it may be contributing to the slowness of the forum. If you wanted to post in this thread, then feel free to start another and call it:

The Happy Rumour Mill Part 2 or something.