You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Fletcher

PaulMcC

I wouldn't mind that at all at the right price. Handly little player, and I'd certainly fancy him to provide more competition up front than some of the options we've had up there in the past. Though if we were to sign him, along with Jovanovich, N'gog, Torres (and maybe Patches making the progression to the first team squad next year), I can't imagine we'd be signing another "quality" striker who could fill Nando's boots if he's out injured.

But if this is all the budget allows this summer, he's certainly a decent option

I noticed that and thought the same, but more because I'd read on here about him being a Liverpool fan just a few hours earlier.

He'd certainly be within budget though.

I thought about the thread too.

Rafa seems to like players who are desperate to come here. If he's such a big Red you could imagine him having a word with someone at our club.

From what I've seen of him, he looks a good player. Mostly impressed with his work rate, but he's strong, quick, and technically sound. Sort of like a better version of Kuyt. Depends what sort of fee it would take to sign him, as to whether I'd be interested. Would prefer someone with a better goalscoring record, but he's much better than anything we have upfront bar Nando.

From what I've seen of him, he looks a good player. Mostly impressed with his work rate, but he's strong, quick, and technically sound. Sort of like a better version of Kuyt. Depends what sort of fee it would take to sign him, as to whether I'd be interested. Would prefer someone with a better goalscoring record, but he's much better than anything we have upfront bar Nando.

Eh... no. I know Dirk has his critics, and he frustrates even fans like myself, but seriously, we're talking about a guy who's played 60 internationals for Holland...

Someone help me out please I cant place this guy for the life of me.

Young shaggy looking tall lad up front for Burnley, looks a lot older than he his, has dark balding hair.

He missed an absolute sitter a couple of months ago but he's technically a lot better than he can look at times.

Thats a bad insult to Dirk Kuyt that is.

It's not. At all. I didn't say Dirk was a bad player.

Ah it is. A player who's play for relegation fodder isnt 'a better version of Dirk'. He's only scored 8 goals this season has fletcher. Thats not as many as Kuyt. Fletcher wouldnt get into the Dutch side either.

Ah it is. A player who's play for relegation fodder isnt 'a better version of Dirk'. He's only scored 8 goals this season has fletcher. Thats not as many as Kuyt. Fletcher wouldnt get into the Dutch side either.

How many goals would Dirk score for Burnley?

Fletcher is only 23, with the right move his career could take off.

He'd be alright as a 3rd or 4th choice, can put himself about a bit and would probably improve a lot with better players around him. His agent kept banging on about Madrid scouting him when he was at Hibs, think that was shite though.

He was one of 10 or so young players that Madrid identified. Was mainly a result of his performances when Scotland U19s were runners up in the Euros.

The interest was genuine.

Even Torres wouldn't score many for Burnley (And not because he'd be injured). They don't create that many chances and they don't have the creativity in midfield to provide him opportunities - come to think of it, neither do we.

It's difficult to judge a player in a very poor team like Burnley, he's probably also playing within himself as nobody in that team can have any confidence.