You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool to listen to offers for Aquilani.

BolshieBastard

So we have Iantn saying on one post he isn't a mistake because you don't know if Rafa may use him in the future yet then we have you saying Rafa has admitted he has made a mistake signing him (Rafa would eat his own shit before admitting that he fucked up over Aquilani)? Stop tripping over each other boys. Make your minds up.

Coro has taken Rafa saying he's made mistakes to mean Aquilani. Might be true, only time will tell.

I do, though, love how I'm saying it's not a mistake when I said that in the context of this season it's been a 'exceptionally poor signing'. Really does come down to what you wanna read into things don't it.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we have Iantn saying on one post he isn't a mistake because you don't know if Rafa may use him in the future yet then we have you saying Rafa has admitted he has made a mistake signing him (Rafa would eat his own shit before admitting that he fucked up over Aquilani)? Stop tripping over each other boys. Make your minds up.

Eh?

Ian is entitled to his own opinion isn't he or are we tag teaming now? Us vs them jarg is it?

Rafa did admit the signing was a mistake and has been difficult to manage. He said that to BBC 5live.

You've so resoundingly written the player off and i will more specifically say up to now his signing has been a failure, a mistake etc. but let's say he stays with the club over the next 4 years and performs well for us, then what?

He looks a talented player, that's for sure.

Eh?

Ian is entitled to his own opinion isn't he or are we tag teaming now? Us vs them jarg is it?

Rafa did admit the signing was a mistake and has been difficult to manage. He said that to BBC 5live.

You've so resoundingly written the player off and i will more specifically say up to now his signing has been a failure, a mistake etc. but let's say he stays with the club over the next 4 years and performs well for us, then what?

He looks a talented player, that's for sure.

I am all for him staying at the club for the next few years (Aquilani that is) but I doubt he will want to somehow. Seeing Mascherano come on instead of you in a 3-0 stroll the other night should tell him where his future is under this manager I would have thought.

We've only paid 9 million though. The rest was dependent on us winning stuff I think. Since he hasn't won anything (yet), it stays at 9.

Anyway, it's written by NOTW, so you might as well scribble a few words on your own ballsack and claim that as a rumour as well.

Considering who you were responding to, thats a trifle unrealistic. I doubt he could put more than a letter or 2 there, given the ball-size he has demonstrated thus far .....

I am all for him staying at the club for the next few years (Aquilani that is) but I doubt he will want to somehow. Seeing Mascherano come on instead of you in a 3-0 stroll the other night should tell him where his future is under this manager I would have thought.

Rumours Purslow wants Bilic to replace Rafa.

Let's say his style of play accommodates a player like Aquilani and this new doctor can cure not only the players physical problems but also his mental problems then who knows. The lad has all the ability in the world from what i've seen of him.

Let's say his style of play accommodates a player like Aquilani and this new doctor can cure not only the players physical problems but also his mental problems then who knows. The lad has all the ability in the world from what i've seen of him.

What mental problems? The one that Rafa said he had regarding his injuries that Aquilani would have every right to be furious about him saying such a thing.

He has been hiding it well when putting on a red shirt, give or take a couple of flashes.

Houllier spent 20m on three players in 2002 and it was the end for him, though with our dosy chairman he stayed a year longer than he should have.

Aquilani is the same for Rafa, though our owners are too skint to sack him.

It has been a terrible signing and that was clear from the moment we signed him with a long-term injury. Not his fault, but a mighty fuck-up nonetheless.

That was the date we played something similar and I believe that date was something we was looking to play.

That day, 2nd leg against Chelsea, it was a front 6 of

Pennant, Gerrard, Mascherano, Zenden

Kuyt, Crouch

I think that a front 6 of;

Kuyt, Gerrard, Mascherano, Barry

Keane, Torres

Would have been a lot better than that. It'd also have a flexible nature to switch about and with those others in the squad.

Not sure what your point is, I wouldn't want either Barry or Zenden on our left. Pennant and Kuyt are totally different types of players.

Crouch and Kuyt was a good front 2, as would Torres and Keane have been - given time.

What mental problems? The one that Rafa said he had regarding his injuries that Aquilani would have every right to be furious about him saying such a thing.

Obviously there is going to be psychological problems for a player who has suffered with injury for so long.

It's about restoring confidence in the player and getting him to start playing again without inhibition.

He has been hiding it well when putting on a red shirt, give or take a couple of flashes.

Houllier spent 20m on three players in 2002 and it was the end for him, though with our dosy chairman he stayed a year longer than he should have.

Aquilani is the same for Rafa, though our owners are too skint to sack him.

It has been a terrible signing and that was clear from the moment we signed him with a long-term injury. Not his fault, but a mighty fuck-up nonetheless.

You would have sacked Houllier after one seasons under performance?

Harsh that for me.

He deserved another chance to get things right. He didn't and he moved on.

Obviously there is going to be psychological problems for a player who has suffered with injury for so long.

It's about restoring confidence in the player and getting him to start playing again without inhibition.

I totally agree now I know we won against West Ham comfortably so isn't that the type of game we could have brought him on half hour to go knowing the game was won and knowing West Hams heads had gone down he could have got a good half hour to express himself a little and get on the ball a bit. They are the types of games which coming on could have done wonders for his confidence especially knowing that he wouldn't be starting against At Madrid on the Thursday and Masch was obviously going to be.

Rafa has done NOTHING to try and restore Aquilanis confidence this far has he especially if what you said is correct and he is calling his signing a mistake on a National radio station, great man-management that?

I totally agree now I know we won against West Ham comfortably so isn't that the type of game we could have brought him on half hour to go knowing the game was won and knowing West Hams heads had gone down he could have got a good half hour to express himself a little and get on the ball a bit. They are the types of games which coming on could have done wonders for his confidence especially knowing that he wouldn't be starting against At Madrid on the Thursday and Masch was obviously going to be.

Rafa has done NOTHING to try and restore Aquilanis confidence this far has he especially if what you said is correct and he is calling his signing a mistake on a National radio station, great man-management that?

I thought after the Pompey game at home that this was it, now we're going to see Aquilani and why he was signed. I was made up for him when he scored and Gerrard looked the same way, you can see Gerrard wants to play alongside such a player who will help in breaking teams down.

Nothings materialised since then and it is more than frustrating because our midfield has been so lacking this season. I really do not understand the managers thinking. Does he feel let down by the player in some way or is he saving him from any more possible injuries to get a quick fire sale in the summer and the money back? Doe he not trust the player enough even to give him 10 minutes here or there when a game is over?

It's rumoured he is starting tomorrow which in itself makes it all the more baffling.

To be fair John I don't think that was a slight on the player, that was just soft arse "protecting the lead". 3-0 up and bringing on 2 defensive minded players?? The mind boggles!

?????? what was his idea

This is what Rafa said a few months back...

Would Liverpool have won the league last season if Barry had signed? It is a question that Benítez must have mulled over a thousand times. He gives a deep sigh, so heavy that it is audible when the tape is played back.

“You never know,” he said slowly. “Football is a funny game. The plan was for Barry to play on the left and feed the ball to Robbie Keane, who would play up front with Fernando Torres. This blueprint had to be scrapped. The collateral damage was Keane, who signed from Tottenham Hotspur before the Barry deal had been done.

“When we wanted to sign Barry, we were sure we were signing a good player with a very good mentality and the quality to play in the Premier League. The priority was Barry, then Keane.”

SCHHHHHHHH, JG, SCHHHHHHHH, stop it, whatever you do, don't mention these types of things in said match thread you'll be shot down.

platoon05.jpg

Evidently I have negged BolshieCunt too recently. But I am getting fucking sick of these threads about shite from the Sunday S*n. Never mind the fact there are no quotes. No lets never mind the fact that it has been completely made up. If there was truth in it there would be quotes admitting such from people who have insider knowledge of affairs at Anfield.

Stop making threads about stories from that paper you WUMming prick.